Real time clock

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Pionex2020

Real time clock

Post by Pionex2020 »

Would it be possible to allow the time on the gtmedia receivers to be set by the network as opposed to the satellite channel because the time settings are not always correct via the satellite.

STRETCH

Re: Real time clock

Post by STRETCH »

You should be able to set your receiver to (real time), under the (Local Time Setting).
Depends on what receiver it should be under (System).

Den

Pionex2020

Post by Pionex2020 »

STRETCH wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 2:51 pm
You should be able to set your receiver to (real time), under the (Local Time Setting).

Den
I have seen the options to set the local time but time is only correct on some channels. The receivers I have tested are V8 blue, V8X and the V8UHD. I have a receiver from another manufacturer that allows time by network option and the clock is always correct as long as the receiver is connected to the internet.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

Pionex2020 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:36 pm
STRETCH wrote:

Den
I have seen the options to set the local time but time is only correct on some channels. The receivers I have tested are V8 blue, V8X and the V8UHD. I have a receiver from another manufacturer that allows time by network option and the clock is always correct as long as the receiver is connected to the internet.
yes
it is a good idea,we will discuss

ghani Ajja

Post by ghani Ajja »

Tom.w wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:29 am
Pionex2020 wrote:
STRETCH wrote:

Den
yes
Thank you very much.
Best Regards

Pionex2020

Post by Pionex2020 »

Tom.w wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:29 am
Pionex2020 wrote:
STRETCH wrote:

Den
yes
Thank you for responding.

bwe

Post by bwe »

I agree. This would be a very good idea.

You guys may know about it already, but just in case you don't, there is something you can do so that you always show correct time.

Local Time Setting
GMT Usage ON
GMT Offset set to your time zone.
Select a TP/Channel that shows correct time for your area.
Go back to Local Time Setting.
GMT Usage OFF
Now the clock should stay the same when surfing channels, until you turn OFF your receiver.
When you turn the receiver ON again, you have to do it again.
I believe if you put the receiver on STANDBY for short period, the clock will stay accurate. But, if on STANDBY for a long time, you have to do it again.
I know it's kind of tedious, but it's a work around until engineers find a software solution.
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

A simple software fix would be to make a menu option to set what TP to use for time.
You can then choose the one that is correct and that you go to often.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

droidsat

Post by droidsat »

The best would be to set a local time - and that is it. Nothing else should change this.

I watch tv from 5 time zones I always notice that V8 Orange time is always wrong, affecting recordings and timers. I set timers throughout the night to refresh PV keys. Often they end up happening at all times of day because the clock has changed. I'm glad to know why and will follow your directions.
Having said that:
Please set a fixed local time that is unaffected by the satellite. Could you imagine if your computer clock was based on the webite you are viewing?

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

about set a fixed local time that is unaffected by the satellite,you can switch the GMT Usage to off on the local time menu.
then set the date and time with your real time clock.

Pionex2020

Real time clock V219

Post by Pionex2020 »

V8UHD V219:
You seem to have it partially correct, now you need to block the sat channels from adjusting the time.
After updating to the V219 firmware no channels were on the receiver the time was correct after I set my time zone.
The only thing connected was the internet.

IntelPenny4

Post by IntelPenny4 »

would also be nice to change the clock from 24 hour to 12 hour.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”