VX8 No signal TDT channels

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

marcopolo1

VX8 No signal TDT channels

Post by marcopolo1 »

Hola amigos, he comprado recientement un vx8 y actualizado ultimo firmware con reset factory posterior. Una vez sintonizado satelite y canales, todo perfecto, pero cuando hago el bypass a canales locales (tdt) a través antena no parabólica, aparece sin señal. desconecto cable hdmi (tv-deco vx8) y curiosamente sigue sin señal de canales tdt. Sólo funciona si apago el vx8.

Hello friends, I have recently bought a vx8 and updated the latest firmware with a subsequent factory reset. Once satellite and channels have been tuned, everything is perfect, but when I bypass local channels (tdt) through a non-satellite dish, it shows no signal. I disconnect hdmi cable (tv-deco vx8) and curiously it still has no signal from tdt channels. It only works if I turn off the vx8.

STRETCH

Re: VX8 No signal TDT channels

Post by STRETCH »

Can you please explain (when i bypass local channels (tdt) through a non-satellite dish).
How is your system set up.

Den

marcopolo1

Post by marcopolo1 »

There are satellite dish channels to see channels from other countries and tdt channels (or digital terrestrial television) to see the country's channels. The bypass used to be done before with the remote control of the television and could access both DTT channels and satellite channels. But now with vx8, when accessing the dtt tv channels they don't have the signal. The only way is to turn off the decoder.

SATELLITE ....... ........ ......... TERRESTRIAL
I
>>>> DECODER VX8 < --------------- > TV <--------- Remote control tv

Sorry for the poor drawing due to limitations

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

What input connections do you have on your TV, on the V8X the outputs are the HDMI / SCART/AV OUT.
You should have two leads going to the TV, one from the satellite receiver, and the aerial lead for your (Terrestrial) unless your (DTT) channels are received via their own box, what country are you.
If (DTT) channels are received via a box, check what the outputs are, again they might be RCA / HDMI / SCART, when you have checked this, next thing to check is the TV, go to that menu, have a look at setup, sources, and enable the inputs on the TV against the two boxes.
So you may well hand three remotes TV / SATELLITE / DTT,
If this is the case, can you please confirm, if you get lose with what i written, just get back onto the forum.

Den

marcopolo1

Post by marcopolo1 »

Hello Den, I am from Spain and I have to comment that I was checking the tv / satellite / dtt connections, and everything is correct. After thinking about it, I decided to reorient the dtt antenna and re-scan the dtt channels again and in the end I managed to solve it. I still don't understand what happened but it was not a problem with vx8. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your help.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Glad you are now sorted.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

marcopolo1 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:33 pm
Hello Den, I am from Spain and I have to comment that I was checking the tv / satellite / dtt connections, and everything is correct. After thinking about it, I decided to reorient the dtt antenna and re-scan the dtt channels again and in the end I managed to solve it. I still don't understand what happened but it was not a problem with vx8. I apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your help.
If your cable from the room of the house to the roof is ONE cable and is shared by both the UHF DTT signals and the satellite signals through a signal frequency spiltter wall outlet, then yes the extra signals in the cable will reduce the quality of the DTT signals.
Also the power that the satellite box send through the cable will also interfere.

Even the set top box sitting near the DTT cable can make interference and need a better signal for your DTT.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

marcopolo1

Post by marcopolo1 »

Thanks Owen for your interesting contribution. It is surely the logical explanation, especially the last point.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”