Hdmi port

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

juventusbrown

Hdmi port

Post by juventusbrown »

Hi there guys I really need your help I love the gtmedia Nova blue but I'm having a problem with them. I had one few months ago and working perfectly and then the hdmi port not recognized on the tv I've changed the hdmi cable also use a different tv and still nothing, I went and bought another one few weeks ago and now today I have the same exact problem as the first one hdmi not recognized on the tv keep saying no signal any help would be appreciated thanks guys.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Hdmi port

Post by Feralkiwi »

Check that your TV can use PAL signal.
The default setting in GT Media is PAL.

Modern GT Media remotes have a "TV Mode" button that will change this.

There is also the older green button option.
Added fast key to switch video output mode or format.
we try to support some old TV or some signal mode TV
Press menu key to main menu.(Panel show "----")
press Green key to switch NTSC/PAL, the panel will show "PAL " or "NTSC"
Press Stop key to switch the video format
PAL mode : the panel will show "576I" -- "576P" -- "720P"(50HZ) --"1080I"(50HZ) --"1080P"(50HZ)
NTSC mode : the panel will show "480I" -- "480P" -- "720P"(60HZ) --"1080I"(60HZ) --"1080P"(60HZ)

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

juventusbrown

Post by juventusbrown »

Thanks for the reply and suggestion will try and let you know

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

juventusbrown wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:31 am
Thanks for the reply and suggestion will try and let you know
and check the av output is ok or not?

juventusbrown

Post by juventusbrown »

Afternoon owen I just tried everything you mentioned but still no luck also the AV is working

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I think that this receiver has RCA outputs, have you tried those.

Den

juventusbrown

Post by juventusbrown »

Yes I've tried the RCA outputs and they are working but the picture quality is horrible

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Do you have any other HDMI unit connected to your TV?
Other users have reported that some newer GT Media units cause the TV to shut down HDMI when other devices like audio amps are connected. This is a rights protection thing in the newer HDMI5.

Another thing is that as the HDMI cable is the only connection from the satellite box to the TV and the TV is earthed. Any power or ground voltage spike comes from your outside dish through the HDMI port to earth on you TV.
If this may be an issue with your site, connect an extra earth to the LNB cable at the satellite box, or add an AV cable to provide more earth between the TV and satellite box.
I have things like this with an electric fence in the farm paddock.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

juventusbrown

Post by juventusbrown »

Yes I have another hdmi cable connected to the tv I will try your suggestion and come back to you with a reply and thanks again for all the trouble shooting suggestions.

juventusbrown

Post by juventusbrown »

Good morning tried all suggestions you made but decided to take it to a technician to have a further look to see if any damage to the receiver and will wait on the results from him and let you all know but thanks again team.

juventusbrown

Post by juventusbrown »

Morning guys just to update you the technician say the cpu is destroyed and will have to be fixed for the hdmi port to work again, which is the same exact problem from the first receiver it happened too as well.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

juventusbrown wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:51 pm
Morning guys just to update you the technician say the cpu is destroyed and will have to be fixed for the hdmi port to work again, which is the same exact problem from the first receiver it happened too as well.
I would check you set up for earth loops and ground currents etc as I mentioned above.
If this has happened twice, then ground current is the likely cause.

Earth the LNB cable at the set top box with any new units you get to stop ground currents using the HDMI cable to ground on your TV.

Owen

juventusbrown

Post by juventusbrown »

Thanks Owen I'm definitely looking at this option of grounding the dish for sure will get all the necessary grounding stuff and install it. I will continue to update as I go along at let you all know but thanks again everyone so far for all the suggestion.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The quickest and easy is to run a AV cable between the unit and the TV as this adds more ground wires to the TV.
I did this to stop the electric fence clicks on one site I set up.

If your power supply wall sockets have an earth wire in them, just run from there to the LNB cable.
An old printer mains voltage cable with the active wires removed will do, if you know your stuff around wires.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”