for GTmedia TEAM. V8UHD/HDMI/ARC, solution tested

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ariadnathalia

for GTmedia TEAM. V8UHD/HDMI/ARC, solution tested

Post by ariadnathalia »

Hello everyone. Continuing with the problem of incompatibility of the HDMI / ARC audio, of the V8UHD, I inform you that I did a test about the publication of the user Amatilve, who suggested canceling the PIN 13 (CEC), of the HDMI cable, and effectively THE PROBLEM WAS CORRECTED. THE HDMI / ARC FUNCTION WORKS WITHOUT PROBLEMS AGAIN. So I suggest you make the correction in the V8UHD software, so that it cancels any voltage or signal sent by pin 13 (CEC). We hope you can make this change as soon as possible. Thank you for taking our suggestions into consideration.

hola a todos. continuando con el problema de incompatibilidad del audio HDMI/ARC, del V8UHD, les informo que realize una prueba sobre la publicacion del usuario Amatilve, quien sugirio anular el PIN 13 (CEC), del cable HDMI, y efectivamente EL PROBLEMA FUE CORREGIDO. LA FUNCION HDMI/ARC VUELVE A FUNCIONAR SIN PROBLEMAS. Por lo que les sugiero que hagan la correccion en el software del V8UHD, para que anule cualquier envio de voltage o señal por el pin 13 (CEC). Esperamos que puedan realizar este cambio a la brevedad posible. Gracias por tomar en cuenta nuestras sugerencias.

juan_vale
网站管理员

Re: for GTmedia TEAM. V8UHD/HDMI/ARC, solution tested

Post by juan_vale »

If it is a hardware problem and can not be fixed in the software, then maybe the solution is to use a HDMI splitter, it seems to block the CEC signal. It was mentioned in this post >> viewtopic.php?p=86427#p86427. I am unable to test myself as I do not have a V8UHD but it may be a solution.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

ariadnathalia

Post by ariadnathalia »

Hi. Thanks for the suggestion, but using a splitter or hdmi selector does not solve the problem of the ARC audio return, because when selecting the connection (in the selector), the signal that the V8 UHD emits, by the PIN 13 / CEC), go to the amplifier and / or the television and DISABLE THE AUDIO RETURN. I did a test and does not make any correction, Indeed I think it is a problem with the hardware of the v8uhd, and perhaps there is the possibility that with some change in the software they will solve this problem.

Hola. gracias por la sugerencia, pero el utilizar un splitter o selector hdmi, no le da solucion al problema del retorno de audio ARC, pues al momento de seleccionar la conexion (en el selector) , la señal que emite el V8 UHD, por el PIN 13 /CEC), pasa al amplificador y/o al televisor y DESACTIVA EL RETORNO DEL AUDIO. hice una prueba y Efectivamente creo que es problema del hardware del v8uhd, y tal ves exista la posibilidad de que con algun cambio en el software logren que ese problema se resuelva

evarese

Post by evarese »

juan_vale wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:18 pm
...then maybe the solution is to use a HDMI splitter, it seems to block the CEC signal...
I'm just using an HDMI switch (the splitter sends the SAME signal to different monitors), but the problem is still present.
This problem is present also with the V8 UHD switched off, in stand-by mode.
GTCombo - V8 UHD - V8 Finder - V8 Finder2 - 90 cm motorized dish

ariadnathalia

Post by ariadnathalia »

Hello everyone. As I have commented in previous posts, the problem with the V8UHD is in the signal that it sends through pin 13 (CEC) of the HDMI cable, and it is not corrected using a switch or hdmi spliter as other users have suggested. If GTMedia cannot correct this problem, the only solution left for v8uhd users is: Cut the cable from pin 13 / CEC (usually green) by carefully removing the vinyl liner and making an opening in the mesh of wire, to access the group of cables that the hdmi has. You need a multitester or continuity tester to be sure that cable has been cut, so you can have the HDMI "ARC" audio return system working.

Hola a todos. como he comentado en anteriores posts, el problema del V8UHD, esta en la señal que envia por el pin 13 (CEC) del cable HDMI, y no se corrige usando un switch o spliter hdmi como lo han sugerido otros usuarios. Si GTMedia no puede corregir este problema, la unica solucion que nos queda a los usuarios del v8uhd, es: Cortar el cable del pin 13 /CEC (comunmente de color verde) retirando con cuidado el forro de vinil y haciendo una abertura en la malla de alambre, para acceder al grupo de cables que tiene el hdmi. Es necesario un multitester o probador de continuidad para estar seguro de que se haya cortado ese cable, y asi puedas tener funcionando el sistema de retorno de audio por hdmi" ARC".

ncansan

Post by ncansan »

ariadnathalia wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:20 pm
Hello everyone. As I have commented in previous posts, the problem with the V8UHD is in the signal that it sends through pin 13 (CEC) of the HDMI cable, and it is not corrected using a switch or hdmi spliter as other users have suggested. If GTMedia cannot correct this problem, the only solution left for v8uhd users is: Cut the cable from pin 13 / CEC (usually green) by carefully removing the vinyl liner and making an opening in the mesh of wire, to access the group of cables that the hdmi has. You need a multitester or continuity tester to be sure that cable has been cut, so you can have the HDMI "ARC" audio return system working.
You can also buy a HDMI CEC Less Adapter.
Look for "HDMI CEC Less Adapter" in google, and you will quickly find it. But it is not a cheap solution, 10 eur in Amazon Spain.

ariadnathalia

Post by ariadnathalia »

Hello ncansan. That is a good solution, I decided to use a temporary solution, and then modify an hdmi cable, cutting the CEC cable, and well, my equipment is working well. But what is going to happen with all the users of the v8uhd, in different parts of the world? Everyone would have to "fix" their hdmi cable, or buy accessories to obtain an ARC function, or even to allow the normal operation of their Tv's, sound bars, or amplifiers, I think Gtmedia should provide us with a solution in this regard. Let's hope they find it soon. Greetings and merry christmas....

Hola ncansan. Esa es buena solucion, yo me decidi a utilizar una solucion provisional, y pues modifique un cable hdmi, cortandole el cable del CEC, y pues ya tengo funcionando bien mis equipos. Pero que va a suceder con todos los usuarios del v8uhd, en diferentes partes del mundo?, todos tendrian que "arreglar" su cable hdmi, o comprar aditamentos para obtener una funcion ARC, o inclusive que permita la operacion normal de sus Tv's , Barras de sonido, o amplificadores, creo que Gtmedia debe proporcionarnos una solucion al respecto. Esperemos que la encuentren pronto. Saludos y Feliz Navidad....

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

hello
we are solving the HDMI ARC issue about v8uhd platform.
Therefore, before we fix this issue, please try to use a temporary solution to disable the HDMI cable 13pin.
thank you very much.

evarese

Post by evarese »

Many thanks, I trust in you!
I'm sure that this issue will be a (bad) reminder... :D

ncansan

Post by ncansan »

Tom.w wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:20 am
hello
Therefore, before we fix this issue, please try to use a temporary solution to disable the HDMI cable 13pin.
thank you very much.
Hello. New V220 firmware did not fix this issue.
If the issue is not going to be fixed, please tell it to us. Maybe I can buy a hdmi cec less adapter. But if the issue can be fixed, I prefer to save my money. Thank you.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

ncansan wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:54 am
Tom.w wrote:
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:20 am
hello
thank you very much.
Hello. New V220 firmware did not fix this issue.
If the issue is not going to be fixed, please tell it to us. Maybe I can buy a hdmi cec less adapter. But if the issue can be fixed, I prefer to save my money. Thank you.
hello
i think you can disconnect the hdmi 13pin(cec function).
Thank you very much.

Enekomh

Post by Enekomh »

So what's the status of this issue? Has it been fixed or do I need to cuto off my HDMI cable?

evarese

Post by evarese »

Not yet fixed. Personally I cut the #13 wire on an old HDMI cable.

ncansan

Post by ncansan »

Enekomh wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:43 pm
So what's the status of this issue? Has it been fixed or do I need to cuto off my HDMI cable?
I took this option:

xavi6

Post by xavi6 »

ariadnathalia wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:29 pm
Hello ncansan. That is a good solution, I decided to use a temporary solution, and then modify an hdmi cable, cutting the CEC cable, and well, my equipment is working well. But what is going to happen with all the users of the v8uhd, in different parts of the world? Everyone would have to "fix" their hdmi cable, or buy accessories to obtain an ARC function, or even to allow the normal operation of their Tv's, sound bars, or amplifiers, I think Gtmedia should provide us with a solution in this regard. Let's hope they find it soon. Greetings and merry christmas....

Hola ncansan. Esa es buena solucion, yo me decidi a utilizar una solucion provisional, y pues modifique un cable hdmi, cortandole el cable del CEC, y pues ya tengo funcionando bien mis equipos. Pero que va a suceder con todos los usuarios del v8uhd, en diferentes partes del mundo?, todos tendrian que "arreglar" su cable hdmi, o comprar aditamentos para obtener una funcion ARC, o inclusive que permita la operacion normal de sus Tv's , Barras de sonido, o amplificadores, creo que Gtmedia debe proporcionarnos una solucion al respecto. Esperemos que la encuentren pronto. Saludos y Feliz Navidad....
De verdad, es tan fácil como anular el voltaje por el pin 13 por medio de software y no son capaces @gtmedia team???

Por favor, es motivo de devolución del decodificador, arreglen cuanto antes el fallo, no podremos hacer uso de nuestro sistema de audio!!!!!

Llevamos así desde que salió al mercado el decodificador, es un fallo muy grave.

Parece una tomadura de pelo después de tantos comentarios al respecto.

ariadnathalia

Post by ariadnathalia »

I also have the problem with the incompatibility of the V8 UHD, with the ARC audio system, and I have reported it since I purchased the receiver, but they have not given us a solution. Possibly it is a hardware problem and they cannot solve it with the software, there are also other problems with the receiver and in the recent updates they have not made any important corrections. I hope they already give us real solutions in the next update.

Yo tambien tengo el problema con la incompatibilidad del V8 UHD, con el sistema de audio ARC, y lo reporte desde que adquiri el receptor, pero no nos han dado solucion. Posiblemente sea problema del hardware y no lo pueden resolver con el software, tambien hay otros problemas del receptor y en las actualizaciones recientes no han hecho ninguna correccion importante. Espero que ya nos den soluciones reales en la siguiente actualizacion.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

ariadnathalia wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:32 pm
I also have the problem with the incompatibility of the V8 UHD, with the ARC audio system, and I have reported it since I purchased the receiver, but they have not given us a solution. Possibly it is a hardware problem and they cannot solve it with the software, there are also other problems with the receiver and in the recent updates they have not made any important corrections. I hope they already give us real solutions in the next update.

Yo tambien tengo el problema con la incompatibilidad del V8 UHD, con el sistema de audio ARC, y lo reporte desde que adquiri el receptor, pero no nos han dado solucion. Posiblemente sea problema del hardware y no lo pueden resolver con el software, tambien hay otros problemas del receptor y en las actualizaciones recientes no han hecho ninguna correccion importante. Espero que ya nos den soluciones reales en la siguiente actualizacion.
hello
the ARC issue, we are still fixing it.
about other problems with the receiver,can you tell me more information about these issue, we will double check them to prevent omissions

ricardorpla

Post by ricardorpla »

Buenas tardes.
He comprado el decodificador GTMEDIA v8 UHD, he instalado el software de la ultima versión de software pero sigo con el problema delHDMI ARC, al conectar la corriente del decodificador, mi tv y mi barra de sonido ambas Samsung q60 T, pierden la comunicación. Una vez que desconecto el decodificador satélite GTMEDIA v8 UHD( con el interruptor de corriente), vuelven a funcionar sin problema la barra y la tv. ¿Pueden solucionar este bug?

evarese

Post by evarese »

Hi amigo, the only known solution is to isolate pin 13 of the HDMI cable as shown some post before or cutting the #13 wire.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ricardorpla wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 7:52 pm
Buenas tardes.
He comprado el decodificador GTMEDIA v8 UHD, he instalado el software de la ultima versión de software pero sigo con el problema delHDMI ARC, al conectar la corriente del decodificador, mi tv y mi barra de sonido ambas Samsung q60 T, pierden la comunicación. Una vez que desconecto el decodificador satélite GTMEDIA v8 UHD( con el interruptor de corriente), vuelven a funcionar sin problema la barra y la tv. ¿Pueden solucionar este bug?
There is a picture back up this topic.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”