No Signal

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Mikie4uk

No Signal

Post by Mikie4uk »

Happy Holidays!

I have just set up my new V8 Turbo but I have a problem with it. It starts up and shows 'No Signal' but comes on with full signal after around 10 minutes do I have a faulty box and has anyone else had this problem?

STRETCH

Re: No Signal

Post by STRETCH »

How have you got your box set up, single dish / motor / c-band / ku band / diseq switch.
With more information will be a help. There is a bit of a time lag, before you get a signal, but not that long.

Den

Mikie4uk

Post by Mikie4uk »

I have a motorised system and have it on multisat and not single. Just seems to happen when the V8 has been switched off overnight. thanks for your help.

Mike

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

The satellite receivers that i have, i do not turn them off, which may help.

Den

Mikie4uk

Post by Mikie4uk »

Thanks for your help Den.
Mike

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

When you switch off if you do so by turning off the power, setting are not saved.
Try a remote control power off first as this sets some things in the unit and when it powers on it will be in the correct channel list etc.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Captain Ron

Post by Captain Ron »

I would check the coax at both ends for corrosion (i've seen the copper wire core corrode to where it discolors and turns black in color and no longer wants to pass voltage to the LNB) or it could be a rodent problem chewing on the cable.

If the coax has been spliced, I would check the copper core and woven shielding at the spliced area, the woven shielding acts as a ground for the LNB to the receiver and if it is corroding or separating at a splice area or touching the copper core it can cause shorting problems. Both of those can cause problems of getting good voltage to the LNB.

If your LNB is exposed to the weather (not covered with a hood) it could get water inside the LNB or corrode the coax copper core at the connection there. Coax Copper Core should be bright shiny orange in color.

Good Luck! :)

goldman

Post by goldman »

Captain Ron wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:15 pm
I would check the coax at both ends for corrosion (i've seen the copper wire core corrode to where it discolors and turns black in color and no longer wants to pass voltage to the LNB) or it could be a rodent problem chewing on the cable.

If the coax has been spliced, I would check the copper core and woven shielding at the spliced area, the woven shielding acts as a ground for the LNB to the receiver and if it is corroding or separating at a splice area or touching the copper core it can cause shorting problems. Both of those can cause problems of getting good voltage to the LNB.

If your LNB is exposed to the weather (not covered with a hood) it could get water inside the LNB or corrode the coax copper core at the connection there. Coax Copper Core should be bright shiny orange in color.

Good Luck! :)
this is a informative post thanks :)

Mikie4uk

Post by Mikie4uk »

Just like to thank you all for your help and suggestions. I seem to of sorted it out by connecting the network cable directly to my router which is switched on 24/7 before it was to xxxxxxxccxxxxxx Ethernet Network Switch which I switched off every night. Seems strange as it did not affect my xxxxxxxxxx receiver.
Mike

Mikie4uk

Post by Mikie4uk »

Hi, just an update with my issue of 'No Signal'.

I have replaced my LNB with a new one and f connections. Also used my GT Media satellite finder and signal meter and the signal is good on my motorized system to the receiver. Still getting the same problem. I have even reconnected my old receiver and had no issues so it must be a fault with the receiver itself. :evil:

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

At least you can use your well know receiver as back-up to the GTMedia, seeing as it will auto update the AXN channel at 39e, use the softcam for the powervu channels at 5e / 1w / 15w, plus various biss channels 27.5w / 15w etc, plus putting in the codes, (after the GTMedia receiver has found them.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Mikie4uk wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:45 am
Happy Holidays!

I have just set up my new V8 Turbo but I have a problem with it. It starts up and shows 'No Signal' but comes on with full signal after around 10 minutes do I have a faulty box and has anyone else had this problem?
You are now also mentioning that you have the network connected.
Are these channels encrypted?
Does the unit work earlier than ten minutes if you change channel to a FTA channel on another TP?

When this happens try this. Go to the menu setting for LNB power and change it to OFF and then back to ON.
It may be the over current protection tripping on power on with your USALS mover.
Other users have unplugged the cable for a moment to make signal come back.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Mikie4uk

Post by Mikie4uk »

Yes, I have the box connected to the internet. The channels are free to air and the unit works fine when the warms up and sometimes if I disconnect the unit. I have carried out your suggestions and have found that turning the power off and on to the LNB seems to do the trick. Thanks for your help.
:)

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Mikie4uk wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:51 pm
Yes, I have the box connected to the internet. The channels are free to air and the unit works fine when the warms up and sometimes if I disconnect the unit. I have carried out your suggestions and have found that turning the power off and on to the LNB seems to do the trick. Thanks for your help.
:)
Yes I too had this yesterday, my V8X unit sat on no signal until I rebooted it. I could have tested the LNB power by that unit was a set channel repeater unit for the house.
Of note though, the channel was a multistream type 1 that faded in and out a little.

Owen

Mikie4uk

Post by Mikie4uk »

Yes seems to be a problem with a few of these receivers. I have switched it off and back on at the back of the unit which sometimes helps. It's hit and miss situation but maybe new firmware will come out and give us a fix?

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”