Recording and simultaneously watching another channel

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

P40

Recording and simultaneously watching another channel

Post by P40 »

I have a GT v8 Turbo.

I can't seem to e.g. watch a channel on DVB-S and simultaneously record a channel on DVB-T, or vice versa. I can understand why this wouldn't work if both channels were on DVB-S or on DVB-T, but thought it would be possible if the channels are on different inputs.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong. Please could someone clarify?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Recording and simultaneously watching another channel

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have found in the past the issue is the method of changing channel to the other channel.

I found if both channels were in the same favorites list you could move up or down if that channel was the next on the list.

If you are on the same list, you can press the numbers in for the other channel, eg record DVB-T on list channel 5 and press 15 to watch sat channel 15 on the list.

Also you can watch another channel on the same TP while recording.

Owen.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Re: Recording and simultaneously watching another channel

Post by Tom.w »

P40 wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:37 pm
I have a GT v8 Turbo.

I can't seem to e.g. watch a channel on DVB-S and simultaneously record a channel on DVB-T, or vice versa. I can understand why this wouldn't work if both channels were on DVB-S or on DVB-T, but thought it would be possible if the channels are on different inputs.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong. Please could someone clarify?
hello
Although they are different inputs, only one stream channel enters demodulation.So the v8turbo can not work dvbs and dvbt at the same time.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”