Which Receiver Would You Recommend.

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

lespat

Which Receiver Would You Recommend.

Post by lespat »

Thinking of buying a GTMedia combo multi-stream box and looking for ideas. There is so much choice and spec. V7Pro, V8X, V8Pro, V8 Turbo or any other? Looking for autoroll (BBC satback-tivusat-abertis etc). Pros. & Cons would be useful. Hope I am in the right section - many thanks.

tanka

Re: Which Receiver Would You Recommend.

Post by tanka »

I have v8 nova pro2 v9 super v7s hd and v8uhd now. And the best V8uhd

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

For me i have a few GTMEDIA models, V8X / V8Turbo / V7 Pro / V8UHD / V8 NOVA ORANGE, all of then cover the needs that i require of them to watch channels from 39e to 30w, decoded with the keys within the software of the receiver and with the softcam.
There are a couple of receivers that will meet your needs and they are the V8Turbo / V7Pro
They both decode channels at 39e / 19e / 16e / 5e / 3e / 1w / 5w / 15w / 27.5w / 30w, they cover Irdeto / Powervu / Biss,
BBC (SAT-BACK)/ Albertis / Fransat / TNT / Arena Sport / channels keys within software, Biss wise the codes for some of these channels are found after you input the transponder details, the keys are found within the data, but you must be connected to the net.
Another receiver which does most of this is the V8UHD, as yet the GTMedia have NOT updated this receiver to decode the channels at 27.5w and 30w, i have been told that they will be upgraded to decode these channels. When the V8UHD is upgraded, this should be the all singing and dancing receiver with a 100cm / 110cm dish / motor.
So you have got three receivers to choice from, V8Turbo / V8UHD / V7Pro.

Den

lespat

Post by lespat »

STRETCH wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:27 pm
For me i have a few GTMEDIA models, V8X / V8Turbo / V7 Pro / V8UHD / V8 NOVA ORANGE, all of then cover the needs that i require of them to watch channels from 39e to 30w, decoded with the keys within the software of the receiver and with the softcam.
There are a couple of receivers that will meet your needs and they are the V8Turbo / V7Pro
They both decode channels at 39e / 19e / 16e / 5e / 3e / 1w / 5w / 15w / 27.5w / 30w, they cover Irdeto / Powervu / Biss,
BBC (SAT-BACK)/ Albertis / Fransat / TNT / Arena Sport / channels keys within software, Biss wise the codes for some of these channels are found after you input the transponder details, the keys are found within the data, but you must be connected to the net.
Another receiver which does most of this is the V8UHD, as yet the GTMedia have NOT updated this receiver to decode the channels at 27.5w and 30w, i have been told that they will be upgraded to decode these channels. When the V8UHD is upgraded, this should be the all singing and dancing receiver with a 100cm / 110cm dish / motor.
So you have got three receivers to choice from, V8Turbo / V8UHD / V7Pro.

Den
Many thanks for the comprehensive reply. I think you narrowed it down for me to the V8Turbo & V7Pro. I was concerned that some on here are having "loss of tune" problems with the V8Turbo. Also read that the V8UHD had a weaker sat tuner which could give the same stuttering problem I am having with TDP/A7/A8 channels on 30W. But my gut tells me that the V8Turbo is the one to go for. Did you have any problems with your V8Turbo? I was hoping to find a Eurosport1/2 (other than 19E). Have you found them or is this too much to wish for? Also, can you get LCN sorting on freeview channels and is there 7 day EPG achievable on the likes of freeview/freesat? Finally, for now I think, I see that the GTMedia shop lists all the boxes at good prices and wonder where you shop for your equipment and what delivery was like i.e. from China or Spain or somewhere else etc?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Just checked with my V7Pro, on 30w 11496h 7884 with a 80cm dish / motor, can get (Intensity 90% / Quality 80%) (Kidderminster)
The LCN does work(but it does not leave the blanks) like the freeview TV / Boxes do.
EPG wise, you only get now and next like most receivers.
Eurosport , other uses will be able to let you know the best way on how to decode those channels.
Do not go below using a 80cm, i put it against a 60cm dish and a diseq switch and lost signal on 11496h 7884.
The V8Turbo is in the other room, the wife is watching TV, will give a report later. Purchase wise try Aliexpress.
For me both receivers are trouble free.
With the V8 Turbo, i carried out the same tests as i did with the V7 Pro, was getting the same results, forgot to say output wise the V7Pro is HDMI, V8 Turbo is HDMI / SCART.
Den
Last edited by STRETCH on Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VELECTRONICS

Post by VELECTRONICS »

:) Hello Den, pls share your views about multi room features also in V7pro and V8 turbo as additional info.

Vels.

JonB

Post by JonB »

Not sure I would recommend them, there's a lot of junk in the software which tends to have a bit of a "quirky" interface. The sat receiver is good but the EPG is basically unimplemented.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

@ VELECTRONICS
I do not use the (multi room features)

Den

lespat

Post by lespat »

STRETCH wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:20 pm
Just checked with my V7Pro, on 30w 11496h 7884 with a 80cm dish / motor, can get (Intensity 90% / Quality 80%) (Kidderminster)
The LCN does work(but it does not leave the blanks) like the freeview TV / Boxes do.
EPG wise, you only get now and next like most receivers.
Eurosport , other uses will be able to let you know the best way on how to decode those channels.
Do not go below using a 80cm, i put it against a 60cm dish and a diseq switch and lost signal on 11496h 7884.
The V8Turbo is in the other room, the wife is watching TV, will give a report later. Purchase wise try Aliexpress.
For me both receivers are trouble free.
With the V8 Turbo, i carried out the same tests as i did with the V7 Pro, was getting the same results, forgot to say output wise the V7Pro is HDMI, V8 Turbo is HDMI / SCART.
Den
Thanks Den, I am using a 80cm fixed dish at the moment for 30w. Will try my bigger 1m dish when it warms up a bit. The 2 other Edision (Primo & Nino Pro) boxes work fine on that transponder, so must be be an inferior tuner on the Zgemma H7s that I am currently using, until I get the new V8 Turbo. Aliexpress seem exceedingly good value compared to other sources. Never used them before so will give them a try. Any advice on where to order from i.e. Spain, China etc? Delivery times seem to be long!
P.S. My Edision Picollino combo box self populates the epg for 7 days when on DTT (freeview) UK channels.

VELECTRONICS

Post by VELECTRONICS »

STRETCH wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:12 pm
@ VELECTRONICS
I do not use the (multi room features)

Den
Okay fine. Thanks Den

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

@lespat
With your 80cm dish, you will be ok, in your area receiving all channels from 30w.

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”