V8UHD and lack of 7 day EPG

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Matin

V8UHD and lack of 7 day EPG

Post by Matin »

I have V8UHD for a few months and even with the latest firmware, there's no 7 day EPG available nor now/later EPG available on all channels! I have tried ALL european satellites and the result is the same!

Is there any plan to add EPG capability so that as soon as I'm tuning to a channel the data will be extracted. Also, EPG button on the remote only shows EPG in horizontal grid mode instead of the possibility to choose a channel and see the whole of upcoming programs.

VELECTRONICS

Re: V8UHD and lack of 7 day EPG

Post by VELECTRONICS »

I'm also have this issue and when press the epg button it goes to all Satellite mode by default but not showing the content info both in epg and osd.

Vels.

shenbagasankar

Post by shenbagasankar »

VELECTRONICS wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:45 am
I'm also have this issue and when press the epg button it goes to all Satellite mode by default but not showing the content info both in epg and osd.

Vels.
I am also face the same issue in Dialog 45 east and airtel 108east That issue was happened from last 2 updates.
Initially it was working fine, hope it will be resolved by next update.

Tristanz

Post by Tristanz »

Hello !!
There is no program duration indicator.

suduman

Post by suduman »

shenbagasankar wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:37 am
VELECTRONICS wrote:

Vels.
I am also face the same issue in Dialog 45 east and airtel 108east That issue was happened from last 2 updates.
This bug was there from the beginning. I've raised it several times and provided files as well. This happens when you connect to multiple satellites. I think the problem is the box resets it's decoder time when we select channels. When the provider got changed automatically the time changes. Then EPG went for a toss.

VELECTRONICS

Post by VELECTRONICS »

suduman wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:02 pm
shenbagasankar wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:37 am
VELECTRONICS wrote:

Vels.
This bug was there from the beginning. I've raised it several times and provided files as well. This happens when you connect to multiple satellites. I think the problem is the box resets it's decoder time when we select channels. When the provider got changed automatically the time changes. Then EPG went for a toss.
I guess the technical team looking in to this issue to solve in next update we hope!

VELECTRONICS

Post by VELECTRONICS »

VELECTRONICS wrote:

Vels.
Hello Technical team, even after update the latest firmware,still epg not working...when will you resolve this issue?

Vels.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I have found issues with GMT time setting for EPG with my UHD unit.
If it is still yesterday in GMT (eg GMT 2200 while local time is next day 0600) and you have the time zone set for GMT+ then the EPG shows the now / next for a moment and then nothing.
If you set for GMT+0 it shows all, until midday.
Oddly my setting of GMT+0 is ignored at power on and time is shown as local time (GMT+12) and the EPG does not work until I change and back in the time menu.

I have reported this.
China would not see this as they are GMT+8 and with a 8am start it is already today GMT time.
I have let you know this as it may help for now.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

chapumix

Post by chapumix »

Buenas tardes,

Que pesar que esta función aun siga con problemas, tengo el satélite amazonas 61w en sur américa y el EPG no funciona de forma adecuada, me pidieron datos y aun sigue sin funcionar.

VELECTRONICS

Post by VELECTRONICS »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:56 pm
I have found issues with GMT time setting for EPG with my UHD unit.
If it is still yesterday in GMT (eg GMT 2200 while local time is next day 0600) and you have the time zone set for GMT+ then the EPG shows the now / next for a moment and then nothing.
If you set for GMT+0 it shows all, until midday.
Oddly my setting of GMT+0 is ignored at power on and time is shown as local time (GMT+12) and the EPG does not work until I change and back in the time menu.

I have reported this.
China would not see this as they are GMT+8 and with a 8am start it is already today GMT time.
I have let you know this as it may help for now.

Owen
Thanks for your consideration! 👍

Mrafal51

Post by Mrafal51 »

Czy jest możliwość upublicznienia kodu źródłowego dla oprogramowania układowego dekodera v8UHD? To mogłoby mieć pozytywny wpływ na rozwój softu i pomogłoby w usunięciu wielu niedogodności, z którymi wasi inżynierowie sobie nie radzą.

Mrafal51

Post by Mrafal51 »

Is it possible to make the source code for the v8UHD decoder firmware public? This could have a positive impact on the development of the software and would help to eliminate many inconveniences that your engineers are not coping with.

David61622

Re: V8UHD y falta de EPG de 7 días

Post by David61622 »

Yo tengo este decodificador, gracias ante todo por tener tanto soporte y actualizaciónes constante, decirte que siempre me a dado dog de
Dos programas como mucho, ojalá pudiéramos ver más epg aunque lo veo muy difícil, mi Satelite es astra 19’2 este ,
Te aconsejo que lo tengas bien en hora
Saludos.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”