V8 series, MENU button and EXIT button, operation logic opinions collection

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Lining
网站管理员

V8 series, MENU button and EXIT button, operation logic opinions collection

Post by Lining »

Hello everyone, if you use the V8 series, MENU button and EXIT button during use, if you have any comments on the current operation logic, you can reply below and we will improve
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Jossy4k

Re: V8 series, MENU button and EXIT button, operation logic opinions collection

Post by Jossy4k »

Hello
I am v8uhd user and I love the box but I have this three request that I will like you fix on v8uhd in next firmware ,
1, under motor setting I cant store cband satellites and ku band satellites together without moving from fixed to motor all the I wanted to move from cband to ku band and vice versa so please help us fix it
2, the 4000 channels memory store capacity is too small for this decoder so please help us expand the storing capacity as well and the last for now
3, hispasat multilstream channels abertis frequencies was detected why blindscannig but the decoder failed to scan it so those are my observations for now on v8uhd thanks

evarese

Post by evarese »

From my point of view, the MENU & EXIT buttons are ok.

Instead, once again, please fix the issue about HDMI/ARC problem, thanks!

juancar2020

Post by juancar2020 »

A direct button is needed to show the program information (title, time, content, movie plot).

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

@ juancar2020
All you have to do is press (info) TWICE.

Den

suduman

Post by suduman »

My view is instead of going through to find program details, it would be great if you can use info button twice for that. And for the existing transponder and signal level screen should come as a third screen through a button.

luweitest

Post by luweitest »

IMO the logic now is not consistent: sometimes Exit means "back", sometimes Menu means "back", in which case Exit will exit all the settings. I suggest Exit always mean "back", or there be a "back" button separately.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

With having a (back) button, you will only confuse the issue, with (exit) you come back out of what you were doing until the box says (do you want to save).

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Maybe add a function that if you press and hold the exit button the unit returns to the current channel.
This would avoid four presses and waits to exit after scanning for example.
The V8 Finder waits for the signal levels to be shown before exit is done. Very slow.

The recall button could also be changed to change back to the last channel with a single press and bring up the recall list with a press and hold.
The Nova etc change channel on the first press and then bring up the list if you press again too soon.
The UHD only changes channel and has no recall list.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

juancar2020

Post by juancar2020 »

stretch
When I press info twice, the information about the transponder, resolution, channel number, etc. appears. Not the title and plot of the movie

rafae1

Post by rafae1 »

A mi me pasa lo mismo que al pulsar dos veces Info, sale la información detallada del transpondedor, seria de agradecer que al pulsar una Info se mostrara la información del canal actual y al pulsar la segunda vez sobre Info pusiera la información del programa que se esta viendo y la duración.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Maybe the info button can be programed that if you press it once you get the info banner,
twice and you get the movie plot / EPG data
and if you press and hold you get the TP info.

Press and hold for up or down volume, making the volume change fast, also needs to be added to make the UHD volume control usable.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Krzychu-B

Post by Krzychu-B »

Witam
Też mam problem z przyciskiem Info. Padła tu podpowiedź że można programować przyciski w pilocie. Czy ktoś wie jak to zrobić?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Krzychu-B wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:15 pm
Witam
Też mam problem z przyciskiem Info. Padła tu podpowiedź że można programować przyciski w pilocie. Czy ktoś wie jak to zrobić?
(V8 series)How to copy remote buttons2019.1.23.zip

Owen

Krzychu-B

Post by Krzychu-B »

Dziękuję za odpowiedź. Niestety jest to jakiś problem programowy. Miałem możliwość użycia pilota od PRO 2 i niestety dalej przyciskając INFO na V8UHD po drugim naciśnięciu wyświetla się informacja o transponderze. Ponawiam prośbę o poprawienie tego błędu.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

This this option of twice pressing the info button has be raised before.
Most unit give the EPG info.

I think they are looking at it.

Owen

xmh0511

Post by xmh0511 »

Lining wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:00 am
Hello everyone, if you use the V8 series, MENU button and EXIT button during use, if you have any comments on the current operation logic, you can reply below and we will improve
I would prefer that the Exit button can back to the previous page in any case. Instead, the Menu Button would only make the main menu show. It appears to me that it would conform to our habits.

edvingeorge

Post by edvingeorge »

IPTV is not accessible by direct IPTV button. Now need to go to Menu and take IPTV.
Kindly solve this.

Regards,
Edvin.

tonype

Post by tonype »

rafae1 wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:30 am
A mi me pasa lo mismo que al pulsar dos veces Info, sale la información detallada del transpondedor, seria de agradecer que al pulsar una Info se mostrara la información del canal actual y al pulsar la segunda vez sobre Info pusiera la información del programa que se esta viendo y la duración.
Opino lo mismo, sería muy de agradecer, gracias.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I know this topic is for the V8 series.

The latest test version for the GT Combo I have has two new remote functions.

1: Two quick presses of the recall button brings up the recall list, 10 channels long.
Two slow presses changes the channel back to where you were.
This is great!

2: Two quick press of the power button brings up the power off options, Restart, OFF, or Standby.

I hope they add this to the V8 series.

Owen

pabloj1993

Post by pabloj1993 »

As some people said before,

1.- When you press the INFO button for second time, it will show you the epg of the current program. Maybe a third time to show sat info.

2.- Sorry for saying, but EPG of this deco (v8 UHD) really disapointed me. Is one of the worst i ever had. This is the big point you should improve.

- If i wanna watch EPG of some channels the sat list is unnecesary, it takes a lot of screen space.

- In the current channel info, it takes also a lot of space but It didnt show any info of curren program, only the title.

- really small space dedicated for the real EPG and only 4 channels showed.

3.- why the pgm +/- buttone takes 10 channels steps and not only one??

Thanks a lot, i hope this help you to make the deco more usable for real daily use and not only for scanning sats etc.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

pabloj1993 wrote:
Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:26 am
As some people said before,

1.- When you press the INFO button for second time, it will show you the epg of the current program. Maybe a third time to show sat info.

2.- Sorry for saying, but EPG of this deco (v8 UHD) really disapointed me. Is one of the worst i ever had. This is the big point you should improve.

- If i wanna watch EPG of some channels the sat list is unnecesary, it takes a lot of screen space.

- In the current channel info, it takes also a lot of space but It didnt show any info of curren program, only the title.

- really small space dedicated for the real EPG and only 4 channels showed.

3.- why the pgm +/- buttone takes 10 channels steps and not only one??

Thanks a lot, i hope this help you to make the deco more usable for real daily use and not only for scanning sats etc.
The PG+ button is a page up down button.

Owen

ELecTroToRReS

Post by ELecTroToRReS »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:20 pm
Maybe the info button can be programed that if you press it once you get the info banner,
twice and you get the movie plot / EPG data
and if you press and hold you get the TP info.

Press and hold for up or down volume, making the volume change fast, also needs to be added to make the UHD volume control usable.

Owen
Estoy de acuerdo eso sería lo más idóneo y espero que se implemente también en el próximo firmw..para el GTMedia™ V9 Prime ya que a nivel de software e interfaz comparte mucho con el V8 UHD, gracias de antemano al TeaM..
Atte!
Francisco Torres™
===============

GTMedia™ V8 Nova Orange
GTMedia™ V8X
GTMedia™ V9 Prime
HW Versión:V actualizada
SW Versión:V actualizada
Recibiendo Señal Satelital de Astra 19.2e

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”