Gtmedia V8 UHD no picture and sound when connecting HDMI with TV

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

brontowasik

Gtmedia V8 UHD no picture and sound when connecting HDMI with TV

Post by brontowasik »

Hi.
I bought the Gtmedia V8 UHD tuner. I have the firmware on the tuner from 26/02/2021. I connected this tuner with an HDMI cable to the PANASONIC Viera TX-P55VT50E TV. Unfortunately, such a connection via an HDMI TV cable with a tuner does not work - there is no image and sound displayed. In my opinion, the tuner incorrectly sends data via the HDMI cable and the reason for this is a firmware error - the tuner sends a UHD signal, regardless of the resolution you choose, which TV (TV has a max HD resolution) cannot read and there is a conflict between these devices. The UHD does not allow for other HDMI connections to work. On a different TV set, the problem is the same. Tuner connection from TV via SCART works fine.
I also have a different Freesat v8 Super tuner and connecting it with the HDMI cable to the same TV works fine.
A request to fix this bug in the firmware.
Yours sincerely,
Martin

STRETCH

Re: Gtmedia V8 UHD no picture and sound when connecting HDMI with TV

Post by STRETCH »

With the aid of the scart socket which you know works on another TV, has that TV got a HDMI socket, so that you can check the (AUDIO/ VIDEO) settings out from the receiver.

Den

juan_vale
网站管理员

Post by juan_vale »

Den, I think you missed this >> "I also have a different Freesat v8 Super tuner and connecting it with the HDMI cable to the same TV works fine."

to @brontowasik... I believe you may have this problem >> viewtopic.php?f=33&t=20942 and there is another post where it was discussed as well about the same date.
No live links (Rule #18) highlight the URL and use the Code tag option "</>"
V7HD, V8SUPER, V8X, V7PRO, GTC, FORMULER F4(TURBO)

evarese

Post by evarese »

@ brontowasik Yes, your problem seems to be the same I encountered some months ago with my Sony TV set.
I suggest you to change the video resolution, just pressing cycling the apposite button on the remote controller until you see the image on the screen. Putting the setting as AUTO or 1050i/50, you should see.
The problem is caused by a voltage on pin 13 of the HDMI connector of the V8 UHD always present that blocks the dialogue on the HDMI bus also towards other devices connected by it.
GTCombo - V8 UHD - V8 Finder - V8 Finder2 - 90 cm motorized dish

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

@ juan_vale
Thanks for the update, i was thinking of the two different receivers, checking of each what the video/audio output settings were, i did not take into account the TV set.
We all keep on learning.

Den

brontowasik

Post by brontowasik »

evarese wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:10 am
@ brontowasik Yes, your problem seems to be the same I encountered some months ago with my Sony TV set.
I suggest you to change the video resolution, just pressing cycling the apposite button on the remote controller until you see the image on the screen. Putting the setting as AUTO or 1050i/50, you should see.
The problem is caused by a voltage on pin 13 of the HDMI connector of the V8 UHD always present that blocks the dialogue on the HDMI bus also towards other devices connected by it.
Changing the video resolution in the tuner does not cause the picture and sound to appear.

brontowasik

Post by brontowasik »

I bought a lindy 41232 HDMI non cec adapter, unfortunately connecting it did not make the image and sound appear on the PANASONIC TV. I connected also testually the Gtmedia V8 UHD tuner to a Samsung TV, which has max HD resolution and there is a picture and sound on it, therefore the problem is the Firmware tuner that needs to be fixed.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

brontowasik wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:02 pm
Changing the video resolution in the tuner does not cause the picture and sound to appear.
Have you tried the NTSC / Pal options? Those may be offered as 50Hz or 60 Hz in the UHD
There is a TV Mode button on the remote, try that.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

brontowasik

Post by brontowasik »

Switching TV MODE has no effect (it should be 1080i 50 resolution).
Generally, when I turn on the tuner, the HDMI socket is automatically selected on the TV and no further effect continues.

evarese

Post by evarese »

Between the different video resolutions there is AUTO option and in this way the TV set must show the image. I suppose also that the CEC function (not working well in the V8 UHD) has no impact on the showing the image on the TV screen, mainly if only the V8 is connected to the TV set.
What happens connecting an other HD (no UHD) device to the Panasonic on the same HDMI port?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I am just testing a V8UHD receiver, which i have moved from another room.
The receiver is connected to a (Panasonic) TV, via HDMI socket no. 2. (have noticed that on the HDMI socket no, 1 it has (ARC).
My receiver settings are as follows.
Video Resolution (1080i_50) / Aspect Mode ( Auto) / HDMI Video Out ( RGB-Normal) / Digital Audio Out ( LPCM Out).
I get picture and sound.

Den

brontowasik

Post by brontowasik »

evarese wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:24 am
What happens connecting an other HD (no UHD) device to the Panasonic on the same HDMI port?
When the Freesat V8 Super tuner is connected via an HDMI cable to the same socket on the Panasconic TV, the picture and sound are displayed fine.

There is no image on the AUTO option on the V8 UHD tuner.

evarese

Post by evarese »

brontowasik wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:11 pm
This sounds strange... I don't understand why!
Have you an other TV set on which perform any test? With the HDMI port, not by SCART.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have a good look in the HDMI port of the UHD.

Look for any dirt on the connection or a bent pin.
The next thing to look at would be the circuit board for a solder splash in the HDMI connection area.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

brontowasik

Post by brontowasik »

evarese wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:02 pm
brontowasik wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:11 pm
This sounds strange... I don't understand why!
Have you an other TV set on which perform any test? With the HDMI port, not by SCART.
Yes. I checked Panasonic TV, iiyama monitor and Samsung TV. On the Panasonic TV and iiyama monitor, the connection via the HDMI cable does not work, while on the Samsung TV it works.

brontowasik

Post by brontowasik »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:51 pm
Have a good look in the HDMI port of the UHD.

Look for any dirt on the connection or a bent pin.
The next thing to look at would be the circuit board for a solder splash in the HDMI connection area.

Owen
On the connection has no dirt and no bent pin.
I cannot tell if the soldering of the HDMI component is correct

evarese

Post by evarese »

Try the HDMI port #2, as suggested by SCRETCH, and let us know.

brontowasik

Post by brontowasik »

evarese wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:45 pm
Try the HDMI port #2, as suggested by SCRETCH, and let us know.
Panasonic TV has 4 HDMI ports. There is no reception on any of the ports on the TV.

brontowasik

Post by brontowasik »

I rented a projector and connected the V8 UHD tuner to it with an HDMI cable. With this connection of the tuner, I got the image and sound on the projector. Due to the above, both the HDMI socket on the tuner as well as on the Panasonic TV work well. The problem is the signal sent from the tuner over HDMI to the TV, which is incompatible with some TV sets. Therefore, I hope that this anomaly can be fixed with a new firmware. I would like to ask you to review and rectify this error.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Thanks for the update, i know that this is a long shot, have you got a cheap HDMI lead.
Have been testing some software with the V8UHD model that i have, and been using different TV'S in the house, some via (SCART) and (HDMI), the receiver works on ALL TV's.

Den

brontowasik

Post by brontowasik »

STRETCH wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:13 pm
Thanks for the update, i know that this is a long shot, have you got a cheap HDMI lead.
Have been testing some software with the V8UHD model that i have, and been using different TV'S in the house, some via (SCART) and (HDMI), the receiver works on ALL TV's.

Den
I have a good quality HDMI cable (I tested 3 HDMI cables, including the one originally attached to the tuner). On the same HDMI cable, there is a picture on some receivers, while on others there is no (for example, the Fresat V8 Super tuner and other devices work well on the same HDMI cable).

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

When you have had the HDMI connected to your Panasonic TV, have you also had a AV / SCART cable connected as well at the same time?
I ask this as that will add extra earth wires between the two units and stop the HDMI cable being used as a ground current connection.

I still think that your TV does not like the screen settings, 1080i 1080p 50HZ 60HZ etc, although it may still be something else. What setting are you using on the V8 Super that does work on your TV?
Also try turning on the UHD first and then the TV or the other way around. The TV may miss some "hand shake" that it wants.

Owen

brontowasik

Post by brontowasik »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:08 pm
When you have had the HDMI connected to your Panasonic TV, have you also had a AV / SCART cable connected as well at the same time?
I ask this as that will add extra earth wires between the two units and stop the HDMI cable being used as a ground current connection.

I still think that your TV does not like the screen settings, 1080i 1080p 50HZ 60HZ etc, although it may still be something else. What setting are you using on the V8 Super that does work on your TV?
Also try turning on the UHD first and then the TV or the other way around. The TV may miss some "hand shake" that it wants.

Owen
Yes, after connecting the HDMI cable to a Panasonic TV, I had an AV / SCART cable connected at the same time. How do I take it back? I guess that could be the reason.

From the V8 tuner, the Super, TV Panasonic receives any resolution - I have 1080i 50Hz by default (I also have other devices connected to the TV via HDMI cable and they work well). Turning on the V8 UHD or TV tuner first does not cause the HDMI signal to appear.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

brontowasik wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:56 pm
Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:08 pm

Owen
Yes, after connecting the HDMI cable to a Panasonic TV, I had an AV / SCART cable connected at the same time. How do I take it back? I guess that could be the reason.

From the V8 tuner, the Super, TV Panasonic receives any resolution - I have 1080i 50Hz by default (I also have other devices connected to the TV via HDMI cable and they work well). Turning on the V8 UHD or TV tuner first does not cause the HDMI signal to appear.
hello
can you do this test,destroy the hdmi cable pin 13, then test it is ok or not?
the pin13 is hdmi cec function pin.

evarese

Post by evarese »

Tom, I don't think that the CEC on pin 13 could impact on the bad working on the Panasonic TV.
Rather I suggest to brontowasik to test the connection between TV and V8 UHD without any other connected devices and overall with HDMI cable only!
It's the first time that our friend speaks of other devices/connections; I guess he was speaking before of a single device/connection...

Note for all: when describing a problem, please tell us all, not only a part ;)

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”