My V8 UHD does not start after upgrading firmware

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

iq180
网站管理员

Re: My V8 UHD does not start after upgrading firmware

Post by iq180 »

Ok bud, I see upg on the VFD, your problem is your receiver is stuck in PAL mode, use the remote and press the TV mode button 2 times or untill see NTSC on the VFD with the receiver hooked to your TV.

UPg stands for Upgrade, so your box does see the file, no need for rs232.

gotti78

Post by gotti78 »

iq180 wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 6:52 pm
Ok bud, I see upg on the VFD, your problem is your receiver is stuck in PAL mode, use the remote and press the TV mode button 2 times or untill see NTSC on the VFD with the receiver hooked to your TV.

Hi iq180, thanks for your comments, but unfortunately it remains the same without changes.
I have changed the TV region from PAL to NTSC and the situation is the same without changes.
I have tried with the TV Mode, it does not work either.
As I mentioned before, I have tried all the methods with the button combinations on the controller, but to no avail. The device does not respond in any order to the remote control and does not read data from the USB stick.
I'm going to test through sr232 with OS Windows Xp, to see what happens. Since in Windows 10 it did not work.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

gotti78 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 9:32 am
iq180 wrote:

Hi iq180, thanks for your comments, but unfortunately it remains the same without changes.
I have changed the TV region from PAL to NTSC and the situation is the same without changes.
As I mentioned before, I have tried all the methods with the button combinations on the controller, but to no avail. The device does not respond in any order to the remote control and does not read data from the USB stick.
I'm going to test through sr232 with OS Windows Xp, to see what happens. Since in Windows 10 it did not work.
Windows 7 mite work as well, I don't know, if you don't get it going send me a PM and I will dump the allcode file from my V8-UHD and send it to you to try.

gotti78

Post by gotti78 »

iq180 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:36 am
gotti78 wrote:
iq180 wrote:

Windows 7 mite work as well, I don't know, if you don't get it going send me a PM and I will dump the allcode file from my V8-UHD and send it to you to try.
Thanks iq180, I have sent you PM.

gotti78

Post by gotti78 »

Hi guys.
I have tried with Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bits) and I have not achieved different results. It keeps giving the same port problem (Opening serial port is failed). As soon as I can, I will try Windows XP and inform you.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

gotti78 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 4:22 pm
iq180 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 11:36 am
gotti78 wrote:
iq180 wrote:

Thanks iq180, I have sent you PM.
I sent you an email with Allcode dump file from my V8-UHD, let us know if it works.

BTW, if it loads the receiver will reboot, when it reboots turn the receiver off with the power switch and remove the usb drive, if you don't the receiver will try to reload the software after every reboot.

gotti78

Post by gotti78 »

Thank you for the help iq180, I have tried the file you sent me (I had one like it) and nothing has changad.
Unfortunately, the device still does not react, it does not react to any command orders nor does it send a signal to the TV. the situation remains exactly the same as before. You can check in this video: [url]hxxps://www.transfernow.net/dl/20210521jN7oiKOp[/url]
I will try upgrade with the software this weekend in Win XP, I will let you know.

gotti78

Post by gotti78 »

Hi guys.
I have tried Windows XP 64bits and I have not been able to recover the device. The software didn't work and I don't know why.

It is in "Step 2: Download" and thus it remains all the time without progress. Even if I wait a all day like this, nothing progresses. Can you help me in case I make a mistake?
I have tried all versions of * BIN and * ABS files. The result is exactly the same without any change.
Thansk in advance.

There is the captures/pictures:
https://ibb.co/DWCB98K
https://ibb.co/Z1X26tX
https://ibb.co/C7yKchD
https://ibb.co/MkKC0kt
https://ibb.co/Zxcymyz

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

hello
1:please confirm the com port. Now ,the port is ok or not on the PC.do you install the usb-rs232 drive?can you show me a photo,what type do you use?
2:after 1, select the rs232 connect the box,do you know which pin is GND,TX or RX?please confirm the pin is right.
(https://ibb.co/Zxcymyz this picture, on the top pin that is the GND)
3:after 2,please open the upgrade tool,then select the bin file, do the steps following the user guide.

gotti78

Post by gotti78 »

Tom.w wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:23 am
hello
1:please confirm the com port. Now ,the port is ok or not on the PC.do you install the usb-rs232 drive?can you show me a photo,what type do you use?
- Yes, I have installed the corresponding driver and I see everything seems correct with the PC. I have tried with COM1 and COM3 ports as well but there was no change either. Pls, check the image: https://ibb.co/tLNZpZ9

2:after 1, select the rs232 connect the box,do you know which pin is GND,TX or RX?please confirm the pin is right.
- I guess you mean the cable/connection pins right? Can you check in this image: https://ibb.co/TLdQPQN

3:after 2,please open the upgrade tool,then select the bin file, do the steps following the user guide.
Thank you for your answer Tom.w.
I am answering your questions in blue color according to what I have understood (I don't have high level electronic/technical knowledge). If not, please let me know. Any help is highly appreciated in solving the problem.
Thanks in advance!

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have noticed on one of the photo's that it says (UP9), have you tried a forced update.
Having read through again, i see that you have already tried this, sorry i cannot be be of any help.

Den

gotti78

Post by gotti78 »

STRETCH wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:34 pm
Have noticed on one of the photo's that it says (UP9), have you tried a forced update.
Having read through again, i see that you have already tried this, sorry i cannot be be of any help.

Den
Hi STRETCH, I appreciate your willingness to help, but unfortunately it has not been possible to forced upgrade in this state as I commented before.
I think it is another state of UP9 of the usual that many users receive when updating the frimwares, in when the device has shut down itself when it was in the process of updating to a new version, update moment has been interrupted. Because it was continually shutting down and restarting itself. And when I want to change the version of another firmware by usb stick, it has just interrupted and entered this BOOT/ERR1/UP9 state and there is no way to solve it.
Let's see if someone can help me solve it at least with the rs232.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I think that will be Tom and the team.

Den

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

Time and parts invested will point you to ask for an exchange/ warranty to your seller. It will also help by sending a PM to Lining. Explain him your situation.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

gotti78 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 3:09 pm
Hi STRETCH, I appreciate your willingness to help, but unfortunately it has not been possible to forced upgrade in this state as I commented before.
I think it is another state of UP9 of the usual that many users receive when updating the frimwares, in when the device has shut down itself when it was in the process of updating to a new version, update moment has been interrupted. Because it was continually shutting down and restarting itself. And when I want to change the version of another firmware by usb stick, it has just interrupted and entered this BOOT/ERR1/UP9 state and there is no way to solve it.
Let's see if someone can help me solve it at least with the rs232.
So the unit starts the flash.bin process but then crashes again during this update?

That sounds like power supply issues.
Try using a larger amp power supply, 12V 2A or bigger, or plug it into you 12v lighter socket in your car, as that will give 13 volts and 20A.
I think you have tried this before.

As for the wires to the RS232 plug on the main board, I assume you have also looked at my instruction here.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

gotti78 wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 2:18 pm
Tom.w wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 9:23 am
hello
- Yes, I have installed the corresponding driver and I see everything seems correct with the PC. I have tried with COM1 and COM3 ports as well but there was no change either. Pls, check the image: https://ibb.co/tLNZpZ9

- I guess you mean the cable/connection pins right? Can you check in this image: https://ibb.co/TLdQPQN

Thank you for your answer Tom.w.
I am answering your questions in blue color according to what I have understood (I don't have high level electronic/technical knowledge). If not, please let me know. Any help is highly appreciated in solving the problem.
Thanks in advance!
hello
about the item2,the pin is wrong,you need to connect the pin 2,pin3 and pin 5, then pin5 is GND(need to connect the https://ibb.co/Zxcymyz this picture, on the top pin that is the GND), then you can try to pin2 and pin3 connect to the other two pins of the box.if not work,please exchang the pin2 and pin3 connection.

gotti78

Post by gotti78 »

Tom.w wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 4:34 am
v8uhd rs232 pin information item 1,2,3(GND,TX,RX) and usb-RS232 pin information pin5,pin2,pin3(GND,TX,RX).
So we need to connect the pin5 to box number 1(GND),then connect the pin2 to box number 2,pin3 to box number 3;
If it does not work, please change the connection of pin2 and pin3, that is, pin2 to box number 3, pin3 to box number 2
Hello Tom.w, thank you so much for your help.
You are right, in my previous attempt I made a mistake in the connection of the pins. Thank you very much for your observation.

Following your instructions, I have been able to start the process by connecting PINS as the following (I also put images):
Pin 5 with 1 of the box
Pin 3 with 2 of the box
Pin 2 with 3 of the box
https://ibb.co/PDdXjVD

That is the only way I was able to observe movement in the software. But I get a "Set stb memory error" error during the process (I put images). https://ibb.co/XfQLwqQ
I have tried all versions of BIN files and all receive the same error.

Although I have seen light in the tunnel and recover a bit of hope with this device, I would appreciate if you can advise me where I'm doıng the mistake?

Thanks in advance again.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

hello

now,it shows the error information "Set stb memory error".i think your box maybe have another hw issue.
So can you PM your device SN to me?

gotti78

Post by gotti78 »

Tom.w wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 2:17 am
hello

now,it shows the error information "Set stb memory error".i think your box maybe have another hw issue.
So can you PM your device SN to me?
Hello Tom.w, thnak you for your support. I sent you PM.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I'm trying to recover my V7Pro

When the driver for the RS232 adapter loaded it showed that it was port 14.
The tool only allows for port 1 to 9.
Unitek Model BF-810Y USB to serial DB9 RS232

I get this message when I press OK.

Owen
RS232Tool.png
RS232Tool.png (14.46 KiB) Viewed 2860 times
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Takdirul islam mirza

Re: My V8 UHD does not startmware

Post by Takdirul islam mirza »

I think the audio language for gtmedia v8 nova orange should be Hindi and Bengali. Then the customer will benefit.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:01 am
I'm trying to recover my V7Pro

When the driver for the RS232 adapter loaded it showed that it was port 14.
The tool only allows for port 1 to 9.
Unitek Model BF-810Y USB to serial DB9 RS232

I get this message when I press OK.

Owen
Hi all

Here is how I got this to work

I had plugged the USB to RS232 serial device into a USB port and it loaded the driver as port 14.
The GT Media recovery tool only allows for ports 1 to 9. That would be the error I was getting in my last post.

I use Windows 7, this may be different for Windows 10.
I opened "My computer" / Control panel / View devices and printers.
There I can see the serial device and the port number it is using, for me that was 14.
I then clicked on it and when to Hardware / Properties / Change settings / Drivers / Uninstall.
Then I plugged in the USB to RS232 to a different USB on the other side of the laptop and it reloaded the driver as port 4.

Then I could set the recovery tool for port 4 and V7Pro.

I then worked.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”