For GT Media engineers. V8UHD problem

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ariadnathalia

For GT Media engineers. V8UHD problem

Post by ariadnathalia »

I want to inform the Gt Media engineers that the V8UHD's timed recording system is not working well. The receiver ignores the added information, it stores in memory, but does not record the program, only that the receiver is left tuning to the channel to be recorded, otherwise it does not work. I hope you can make the correction in the next updates. Thanks

Quiero informar a los ingenieros de Gt Media, que el sistema de grabacion temporizada del V8UHD, no esta funcionando bien. el receptor ignora la informacion agregada, si la guarda en la memoria, pero no graba el programa, solamente que se deje el receptor sintonizando el canal a grabar, de lo contrario no funciona. Espero puedan hacer la correccion en las siguientes actualizaciones. Gracias

Tom.w
网站管理员

Re: For GT Media engineers. V8UHD problem

Post by Tom.w »

ariadnathalia wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:49 pm
I want to inform the Gt Media engineers that the V8UHD's timed recording system is not working well. The receiver ignores the added information, it stores in memory, but does not record the program, only that the receiver is left tuning to the channel to be recorded, otherwise it does not work. I hope you can make the correction in the next updates. Thanks

Quiero informar a los ingenieros de Gt Media, que el sistema de grabacion temporizada del V8UHD, no esta funcionando bien. el receptor ignora la informacion agregada, si la guarda en la memoria, pero no graba el programa, solamente que se deje el receptor sintonizando el canal a grabar, de lo contrario no funciona. Espero puedan hacer la correccion en las siguientes actualizaciones. Gracias
hello
Is the recorded channel free or encrypted? And confirm the set mode as PVR, not view

ariadnathalia

Post by ariadnathalia »

Hello Tom. Timed recording fails on free or encrypted channels. I do the timer programming in Once / record mode. but if the receiver left it tuning to another channel, the timer does not work. I have to leave the receiver tuning to the same channel that I want to record.

Hola Tom. La grabacion temporizada, falla en canales libres o encriptados. la programacion del timer la hago en modo Una vez/grabar. pero si el receptor lo dejo sintonizando otro canal, el temporizador no funciona. tengo que dejar el receptor sintonizando el mismo canal que quiero grabar.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

ariadnathalia wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:26 pm
Hello Tom. Timed recording fails on free or encrypted channels. I do the timer programming in Once / record mode. but if the receiver left it tuning to another channel, the timer does not work. I have to leave the receiver tuning to the same channel that I want to record.

Hola Tom. La grabacion temporizada, falla en canales libres o encriptados. la programacion del timer la hago en modo Una vez/grabar. pero si el receptor lo dejo sintonizando otro canal, el temporizador no funciona. tengo que dejar el receptor sintonizando el mismo canal que quiero grabar.
There can be an issue with channels on TP's where the time on that TP is incorrect.

I have TP's that show time a few minutes late and others that are a day late. Even one that has future time.
Some sports feeds have a time in 2001.
If you set record on a TP with an old time and then move to a TP with correct time the unit thinks the record time has past and deletes the PVR record setting.

This is not the only issue, but one to watch for.
You can use the menu option with GMT time "OFF", but the units then keeps its own time and can loose time or gain.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Neyoggunners

Post by Neyoggunners »

Good day please can I clear error message open circuit protection

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Neyoggunners wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:04 pm
Good day please can I clear error message open circuit protection
What version of software does your unit have?
Is this a V8 UHD?
Does this message report with no LNB cable connected?
Is your message LNB Short? or over current protection?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”