Convert Nova UserDB to V8X?

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

droidsat

Convert Nova UserDB to V8X?

Post by droidsat »

Is it possible to convert the UserDB file from a V8 Nova to a V8x, using the DB Editor?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Convert Nova UserDB to V8X?

Post by Feralkiwi »

It should just load anyway.
It may pay to delete the DVB-T first as the V8X does not have that.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

droidsat

Post by droidsat »

Great news! Thanks for your reply!

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

When you do a dump from you Nova receiver, remember to rename the file to (v8X.db.bin), then you can upload the channel list to your V8X receiver, i did the same when i upgraded my V8 NOVA ORANGE to a V8X.

Den

droidsat

Post by droidsat »

That's amazing! Thanks for letting me know!

droidsat

Post by droidsat »

An update on this question: It worked pretty well, though not perfectly. As for my original question. The DBEditor cannot "save as" for a different receiver than the one selected on opening, I did try to import the V8 file as a V8x in the DBEditor to see if I could just save it again and it would be saved as a V8x file - but the answer is NO. This is not a thing. It wouldn't open the V8 file as a V8x.
The V8x did in fact open the V8 db file! So that was easy.

The file from the V8 imported successfully into the V8x. The file was renamed V8x_db.bin before importing. The only things that messed up were:

-The channel names were missing their first 2 characters.
-There were issues with the music channels on 103w (which require manual entry using the current DBEditor) were somehow set to PCM instead of MP2 (so they didn't work), which they had been in the V8 Nova. I exported the DB from the V8x and made the Audio corrections in DBEditor and loaded them back. Everything worked.
I'm just rescanning the bulk of satellites to fix their names.

Even with a few misses it's not a big deal and a lot easrier than setting up a new STB from scratch.

These are the steps I followed:

I dumped the db file from the V8 Nova onto USB stick and renamed it to V8x_db.bin
I updated the V8x to the newest firmware. Then USB upgrade and imported the V8x_db.bin file.
STB rebooted successfully with imported user db. Fixed issues - done.

It is great that the V8x can (almost perfectly) import the db file.

So far I am pleased with the V8x as I was with the V8 Nova.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”