New V8 UHD

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

fjgaspar

New V8 UHD

Post by fjgaspar »

Hi,
I have bought a Gtmedia V8 UHD, and I am going to install it. First I want to upgrade the firmware. I have read the instructions and it says to save softcam.key to usb before update.

I am new to this, and I don't know if softcam.key comes with the device or if I have to copy one to it. I have been reading and I have found that each deco needs its own softcam.key file. I have searched and I cannot find a softcam.key for this model.

Can anybody tell me if I have to download a softcam.key and where can I find it or it comes with the deco?

suduman

Re: New V8 UHD

Post by suduman »

Hi,

If it is a new box SoftCam keys are not available. Therefore you can update the firmware without any having backup.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Depending on what channels you wish to watch, most of the powervu keys are built within the software of the receiver, when they change the receiver will autoroll and find the new key, as for biss, you will need to be connected to the internet.
Over time, you can make your own softcam, keep it up to date with keys that you find from the net.
You will be able to export this information to usb, amend any keys in word pad, then rename file (softcam) then import back into the receiver.
Also keep this file safe on usb, for if at any time you update your receiver and forget to export your softcam, you will have a back-up.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The softcam menu is hidden in the network menu and 6666 is pressed to open it.
There you can "Export" or "Import" your softcam.key file, if you have a USB stick plugged in.
You also need to rename the export file to just "softcam.key" to be able to import it.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

fjgaspar

Post by fjgaspar »

Thanks to all.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”