Encryption updates?

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

johnnyglobal

Encryption updates?

Post by johnnyglobal »

I'm just wondering if anyone know of any encrypted channels (other than PV & BISS) that will work with V8 blue using the latest update (April 2021) in the United States? I know I can view "Director" encrypted channels.

I ask because I am particularly interested in Iderto and Verimatrix. Yes, I know there are a ton more channels using Digicipher and Nagravision, but they way I understand it is those are hardware issues that prevent people for receiving them (I would appreciate receiving the network affiliates out of Denver for timezone reasons), but I don't know about the differences in iderto or Verimatrix (if they are compatible with gtmedia receivers). There is a channel I would like to get (4180 H @131W) that I can't because it keeps freezing up my receiver and I heard that it uses BISS2, but again I am not sure what the difference is such as hardware issues or software. I would also like to know more about Powervu 2. I read hat is a new thing and certain sports channels are using it on 133W. Would the current software update be able to receive that encryption or should we be expecting another update soon?

My sincere apologies for all the questions if they have been asked repeatedly before. I used the search function to try to find what I am looking for, but I don't think I am asking they right way. I hope someone with more wrinkles on their brain and great patience will explain in detail for me to understand. LOL Thank you in advance.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”