GTMedia V8 UHD Fast Forward/Rewind

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

MetzgerGeorg

GTMedia V8 UHD Fast Forward/Rewind

Post by MetzgerGeorg »

Hi!

How can I fast forward/rewind a movie I am watching from USB?
I have found a way to jump to some specific points, but the "resolution" of such a jump is not very granular.
Other media players have keys for fast forward or rewind, even in different speeds (1x, 2x,... 32x...), how can this be done on a V8 UHD?
I already searched the internet and read the documentation, but found nothing...

Many thanks in advance!

Georg

STRETCH

Re: GTMedia V8 UHD Fast Forward/Rewind

Post by STRETCH »

Have you used the search box

Den

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

I was about to ask the same question as @Metz and also I would like to ask if possible to make the selection of the channel to be found easier, perhaps by entering the channel number instead of having to search for the name by scrolling up or down with the arrows in the small popup window one channel at a time. If there are 2000 channels you may have to click 2000 times to find the desired channel. Extreme example but gives the idea.

Another thing concerns the translation into Italian, the wording "La stabilizzazione del tempo" has no meaning in Italian, I would suggest to change it to "Programmazione PVR" or to make it shorter "Progr. PVR" or again leave "Timer Settings", in Italian tecnical terms are often expressed in English.
Attachments
20210711_125723.jpg
20210711_125723.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 2306 times
20210704_175220.jpg
20210704_175220.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 2306 times
Last edited by AtomiXvap on Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:29 am, edited 3 times in total.

MetzgerGeorg

Post by MetzgerGeorg »

STRETCH wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:54 pm

Den
Yep, but no luck.
Maybe looking for the wrong words or asking the wrong question?
Any ideas?

I can not believe nobody is fast forwarding on this device...

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

MetzgerGeorg wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:22 pm
STRETCH wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:54 pm

Den
Yep, but no luck.
Maybe looking for the wrong words or asking the wrong question?
Any ideas?

I can not believe nobody is fast forwarding on this device...
To move forward or backward you have to press the play/pause button on the remote and then the right or left arrow on the sides of the OK button, the problem is that, in example, I recorded the final match of the European Cup 2020, the recording is 3h long and if I go forward or back it moves of 18 minutes each click, this is why it's necessary what you asked on your post. It is unmanageable as it is.

MetzgerGeorg

Post by MetzgerGeorg »

AtomiXvap wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:51 pm
To move forward or backward you have to press the play/pause button on the remote and then the right or left arrow on the sides of the OK button, the problem is that, in example, I recorded the final match of the European Cup 2020, the recording is 3h long and if I go forward or back it moves of 18 minutes each click, this is why it's necessary what you asked on your post. It is unmanageable as it is.
Yes, I know this, but this is not what I need...
I need to fast forward or rewind VISUALLY. I need to see where I am, I need to be able to skip backwards or forwards (like skipping intros).

If I do not find a suitable solution, I am thinking about returning the device.
That would be a pity, because otherwise I really like it.
But "no fast forward" means "no go"...

Edit: It would be acceptable to be in this manual mode, skipping some frames with the buttons. But not several minutes at once and without seeing anything.
There is not even a "Goto" function where you can enter that you want to go to 1:15:30 in the movie...
That's clearly sub-par for such a great device!

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

I agree and hope the team will take our recommendations into consideration to make this device better in every sense.

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

I just found another problem. During the playback of a video, if you stop playback, the actual position is not memorized on the data stick or hard disk and the video restarts from the beginning the next time you play it.

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

Could someone from the staff tell us something about these problems or is PVR less important then the rest? We'd appreciate some concern too. Tnx.

MetzgerGeorg

Post by MetzgerGeorg »

I sent a mail to the company, but up to now, the only answer was the known way of pausing and jumping.

I asked to get at least some "big skip" (like we already have) plus a "small skip", with, say, 10 seconds.
Then one can use big skip to roughly navigate and use the small skip to fine tune.
This is FAR from perfect, but it uses techniques that are already there. The only thing required additionally is a real time update of the picture/frame of the movie when the skip button is pressed.

Maybe their programmers are just not good enough to implement fast forward/rewind functionality, so the "small skip" should be something they are able to do. Better than nothing.
Of course I hope that I am wrong and their programmers are really good and actually CAN and WILL implement the fast forward...

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

I did some tests on the UHD play back using my older Skybox remote.
SkyboxRemote.jpg
SkyboxRemote.jpg (61.61 KiB) Viewed 2097 times
This remote still works with the V8UHD but not with the newer GTCombo.
I think GT Media still have two or more sets of remote commands in their units up to the UHD.
When they moved to the newer GT Media remotes with no forward and back buttons and only a play/pause button, the pause button on my Skybox remote stopped working as they had reassigned it to play.

Play/Pause does work and starts again from the same spot.
Tested on a 60 min long PVR of a 576 resolution feed.

So:
Pressing the FF button brings up a X2 then a X4 then a X8 up to X24.
This is very jumpy and is stopped by pressing the play button that pauses it and then you can press play again to start where you have forwarded to. You do not move very far forward, it is next to useless.

Pressing the Revslow / slow buttons jumps the amount as set in the PVR menu.
This is very clear and very quick to FF or rewind through the file.

These functions, like Zoom as well, are still in the UHD, but the remote buttons are not there to use them.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

Thanks mate, I appreciated your answer.

I saw your suggestion in another topic regarding that SKY remote and have put the aliexpress link in my wish list.
Just today the COMBO arrived to my place and I noticed that its remote works very well with the V8UHD, apart from the missing SAT button. In this remote there do are the FF and FB keys but I didn't think of trying them, tomorrow I will, now it's late at night here.
Thanks again for your interest, it bothered me enough to see that on the forum this thing went unnoticed as if the only thing that matters are the satellites and the motors to move the dishes, forgetting that this sector is also a component of the device.

Cheers

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

hello

because there is no Forward/Rewind key on the v8uhd remote.
So we will design some short keys for these functions.
and the timer setting channel selected by channel number that is a good option, we also will design it.

MetzgerGeorg

Post by MetzgerGeorg »

Tom.w wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:09 am
hello

because there is no Forward/Rewind key on the v8uhd remote.
So we will design some short keys for these functions.
and the timer setting channel selected by channel number that is a good option, we also will design it.
That's great!
The channel up/down could be used to control the speed if in playback mode.
If it's only the missing KEYS on the remote, I think this will be easy so solve!
Glad to hear that you are working on it !!

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

I just checked and can confirm that the GTCombo remote which has FF and FB keys is fine to sequentially advance at X2-X4-X8-X16 and X24 on the V8UHD. So it's just a matter of presence of the keys rather than programming.
Attachments
20210721_194224.jpg
20210721_194224.jpg (457.81 KiB) Viewed 2022 times
20210721_194237.jpg
20210721_194237.jpg (485 KiB) Viewed 2022 times
20210721_194253.jpg
20210721_194253.jpg (325.71 KiB) Viewed 2022 times
Last edited by AtomiXvap on Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

yes
So we need to design the short key on the infor menu

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Tom.w wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:03 am
yes
So we need to design the short key on the info menu
Please be careful when you do that not to disable the functions of older remotes, like the Play / Pause combine button did to the pause button on the old remotes.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:20 pm
Tom.w wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:03 am
yes
So we need to design the short key on the info menu
Please be careful when you do that not to disable the functions of older remotes, like the Play / Pause combine button did to the pause button on the old remotes.

Owen
yes.
thank you very much for your good suggestion.

MetzgerGeorg

Post by MetzgerGeorg »

There is a new firmware update available, but I can not find any hint about the fast forward issue in the changes.
Are the changes included as promised? Which keys to use?

MetzgerGeorg

Post by MetzgerGeorg »

Would you please reply and give us some information?

gerardo moosmuller

Post by gerardo moosmuller »

Hola, mi V8 UHD al adelantar la grabacion de canales HD deja de responder se congela el sistema pantalla negra!!! tengo que resetear el deco, el firmware es el mas actual V228, que puedo hacer para corregir este problema? gracias de antemano

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I find that using the fast forward and rewind via the left and right buttons, I need to move slowly or the unit does get lost.

Owen

MetzgerGeorg

Post by MetzgerGeorg »

It is quite disappointing that nobody feels obliged to help frustrated customers!
This is no good service, really!

It is annoying that you sell remote controls with missing buttons.
Well, it sounds like a XXXX, if I think about it.
But, well, you should at least try a bit harder to get things right again!
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”