V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

EbsonSAT

Re: V8 Pro 2 em loop Infinito

Post by EbsonSAT »

:x
Feralkiwi wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:14 pm
I added a screen shot of the moment when the menu is seen from your video.

Have you tried another power supply?
GT Media unit are supplied with 1.5A supplies, try a 2A or another 1.5 as it may be power surge as the system turns on.

Also was this video taken with the LNB cable disconnected?
A LNB short will over load the system as it starts and crash the power supply voltages.

Also if you can try booting it with the HDMI cable disconnected. Use a AV cable if you have one.

Owen
In this video there was no coaxial cable, connected to the HDMI cable and with the original source that comes with the Box.
Freesat V7 HD com os satélites 70w, 75w.
GTmedia Finder V8 BT03.
GTmedia V8 Pro2 com os satélites 70w, 75w.

EbsonSAT

Post by EbsonSAT »

Today I tested it with a 2 amp source and with AV and then with an HDMI cable and it still has the same problem.
GTmedia Finder V8 BT03.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

It is not looking good.
I have run out of things to try.

As it boots as far as the start menu and then crashes it may be part of the memory is dead.

Still when you tried pressing buttons as it finishes loading and shows the menu, try the OK button as that will change menu.
Even try right and then OK.
You may get lucky and get away from what is crashing it, or you may never recover it.

You could open the unit and look for shorts etc on the main board.
There is the separate wifi board soldered to the main board, check that too.

It is possible to remove this wifi board, it may be the fault. When I removed the wifi from my V8Nova orange, I just cut through the 5v solder connection so it is not powered on. The connection to this wifi is a USB port, just soldered instead of plugged in, that is why the V8Pro2 has only one USB port, the other is use internally for this wifi.
This is a major step, but as your unit is near or fully dead it is worth a try.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

EbsonSAT

Post by EbsonSAT »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:41 pm
It is not looking good.

As it boots as far as the start menu and then crashes it may be part of the memory is dead.

Still when you tried pressing buttons as it finishes loading and shows the menu, try the OK button as that will change menu.
You may get lucky and get away from what is crashing it, or you may never recover it.

It is possible to remove this wifi board, it may be the fault. When I removed the wifi from my V8Nova orange, I just cut through the 5v solder connection so it is not powered on. The connection to this wifi is a USB port, just soldered instead of plugged in, that is why the V8Pro2 has only one USB port, the other is use internally for this wifi.

Owen
Okay, take the test like you're giving me, then I'll tell you what happened.
GTmedia Finder V8 BT03.

EbsonSAT

Post by EbsonSAT »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:41 pm
It is not looking good.

Owen

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p-XInb ... p=drivesdk

Where do I disconnect the board Wi-Fi?
GTmedia Finder V8 BT03.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Here is some notes on the wifi board on the Nova here.
The Pro2 should look the same for the wifi board.
There are some pics here of the nova wifi.
The arrow is the +5v connection.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

EbsonSAT

Post by EbsonSAT »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:53 am
Here is some notes on the wifi board on the Nova here.
The Pro2 should look the same for the wifi board.
There are some pics here of the nova wifi.
The arrow is the +5v connection.

Owen
I did as you said and everything went right, the device started working again.
GTmedia Finder V8 BT03.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Good news.

If you need wifi again you can plug one into the USB on the back.
There are only some "chip sets" that work with GT Media, search chip set to find that info.
If you need PVR record to USB stick and wifi you could modify the USB connection where the internal wifi was with a USB socket and use that for wifi again.

Owen

GT Media please note.
This V8 Pro2 unit would boot and show the menu and then crash and re boot.
This was solved by removing the internal wifi board.

Owen

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:32 pm
Good news.

If you need wifi again you can plug one into the USB on the back.
There are only some "chip sets" that work with GT Media, search chip set to find that info.
If you need PVR record to USB stick and wifi you could modify the USB connection where the internal wifi was with a USB socket and use that for wifi again.

Owen

GT Media please note.
This V8 Pro2 unit would boot and show the menu and then crash and re boot.
This was solved by removing the internal wifi board.

Owen
In my GTCombo I have just tried a USB HUB to solve another problem and it works very well, in this way I can simultaneously use a wireless mouse and a hard disk that are seen and distinguished from each other perfectly and if necessary since the HUB has 4 plugs I could add a data key for lists backups or firmware update files and a possible additional accessory. The same thing should work on other models. He could plug in a compatible external antenna and a hard disk if needed, besides that it makes it easier to plug in things since the USB plug is at the back of the device and if the HUB is wired it can be brought to the front.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”