GTmedia V8Nova Orange

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

gigano

GTmedia V8Nova Orange

Post by gigano »

Hi I have a problem with this Orange V8Nova receiver the HDMI doesn't work but the scart does! what can be done? I did a reset I also did an update with the latest firmware but the HDMI doesn't work anyway, can you give me some advice? Thanks.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: GTmedia V8Nova Orange

Post by Feralkiwi »

This happens if you have had lightning storms or electrical faults in your house.
The HDMI get damaged and no longer works.
To find more of my comments on this search this forum using "Lightning".
I was up Monday morning at 3am this week unplugging all my cables etc as a storm approached.

A few users have reported this happening.

If this is what has happened to your unit then the HDMI is gone but as you have found you can still use it with the AV via the scart.

Check that the HDMI connector is not damage and that the cable is OK.

If you have an old TV try changing the AV output in the menus, PAL / NTSC, 720 / 1080 etc

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

gigano

Post by gigano »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:16 pm
This happens if you have had lightning storms or electrical faults in your house.
The HDMI get damaged and no longer works.
To find more of my comments on this search this forum using "Lightning".
I was up Monday morning at 3am this week unplugging all my cables etc as a storm approached.

A few users have reported this happening.

If this is what has happened to your unit then the HDMI is gone but as you have found you can still use it with the AV via the scart.

Check that the HDMI connector is not damage and that the cable is OK.

If you have an old TV try changing the AV output in the menus, PAL / NTSC, 720 / 1080 etc

Owen
it is necessary to replace some resistor to restore the HDMI? Thanks very much for your help.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The components inside electronics now are so small and integrated that there is little that can be done.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

gigano

Post by gigano »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:02 pm
The components inside electronics now are so small and integrated that there is little that can be done.

Owen
Thanks for your support.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”