Problem with SAT IP Gtmedia V8 UHD

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

fjgaspar

Problem with SAT IP Gtmedia V8 UHD

Post by fjgaspar »

Hi,

I have a problem with my V8 UHD decoder. I use SAT IP to be able to watch channels from a TV in other room. There are times that I can see the channels with no problem, but there are others that it is just impossible. I cannot find a reason for that.

In the secondary TV, I have an IPTV application, which grabs an m3u file exported from the decoder. That file is loaded, and the IPTV application shows the list of channels wihtout problems, but when I enter one of them, no signal appears. Other times, it works perfectly, the signal is seen. The decoder has the same IP all the time, and there is no network connectivity problem. When this happens, no IP TV application works, even KODI.

What can be happening?

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: Problem with SAT IP Gtmedia V8 UHD

Post by CAJE »

You have internet problems

oldskoolsat

Post by oldskoolsat »

fjgaspar wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:52 am
.... When this happens, no IP TV application works, even KODI....
Try adding another IPTV channel to your m3u list. You can find them by search engine or look at GitHub IPTV lists.
You may need to edit the downloaded lines & simplify the first line to (eg):-
#EXTINF:-1,1Twente
hxxps://ms7.mx-cd.net/tv/198-989148/1Twente_TV.smil/playlist.m3u8
from
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="" tvg-name="" tvg-language="Dutch" tvg-logo="hxxps://i.imgur.com/UuVwFHP.png" tvg-country="NL" tvg-url="" group-title="",1Twente
hxxps://ms7.mx-cd.net/tv/198-989148/1Twente_TV.smil/playlist.m3u8

Now when you have your problem you can jump from local streams from the V8UHD to an internet streams.
This might narrow down the problem area.
Also you should try using both devices with a wired connection, not WiFi.
Make sure no-one else in your household is hogging all the bandwidth.

Pete

fjgaspar

Post by fjgaspar »

Thanks for your answers.

First: no, there is no internet problem. I don't have any internet issues.

Second. Yes, you are right, I have tested with wired connection in both extremes, in decoder and in TV, and the problem persists. I begin to think there is a problem with deco itself. I have noticed that from time to time, even in the hdmi connected TV, the image freezes and the remote doesn't responds. The only way to make it all work again is switch the decoder off and on again.

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

fjgaspar wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:44 am
Thanks for your answers.

First: no, there is no internet problem. I don't have any internet issues.

Second. Yes, you are right, I have tested with wired connection in both extremes, in decoder and in TV, and the problem persists. I begin to think there is a problem with deco itself. I have noticed that from time to time, even in the hdmi connected TV, the image freezes and the remote doesn't responds. The only way to make it all work again is switch the decoder off and on again.
So your issue is not sat ip function,it is a channel playing issue.
what satellite,what channels do you watch? Is it free channel or encrypted channel?

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”