Editing FAVs on V8UHD [SOLVED]

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

AtomiXvap

Editing FAVs on V8UHD [SOLVED]

Post by AtomiXvap »

Does anyone know how to delete a series of channels from an old FAV that I want to rearrange? I can't find the option anywhere in the V8UHD menus and I gave up using editors, I have to do it from the remote and/or BT keyboard.
Thanks
Last edited by AtomiXvap on Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Editing FAVs on V8UHD

Post by Feralkiwi »

AtomiXvap wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:07 pm
Does anyone know how to delete a series of channels from an old FAV that I want to rearrange? I can't find the option anywhere in the V8UHD menus and I gave up using editors, I have to do it from the remote and/or BT keyboard.
Thanks

Edit:
I add one more question here for not to open another topic.
I think it had already been said somewhere and I don't remember what the answer was. There are channels that have subtitles active by default, not all channels but some yes and even if they are deactivated with the "subtitle" button on the remote everything returns on the next restart like before.
Was a solution given for this or was it postponed to the next update?
I think you do the same as you would to add them, press fav and then click on the Fav group you no longer want that channel in.
You may also be able to use delete, but i do remember that on one unit that deleted the channel from all lists.
Check you may be able to use delete all in the fav list.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

I wish it were that simple Owen but unfortunately it is not.
As you can see from this image below, I am in the favorite "Sports" where inside there are channels that have nothing to do with sport, this is because at the beginning I had renamed the FAV "Sports" to something else but when I updated the firmware it brought me back the original name of the favorite messing it all up.
Now I would like to delete those channels to insert the true sport ones without renaming anymore so that with future updates the same thing will not happen again, but as you can see below that window there is no "delete" and if I select a channel from that list and then FAV option in gray and I select Sports nothing happens and the channel is not removed.

20211011_232018.jpg
20211011_232018.jpg (442.63 KiB) Viewed 626 times

The other way I tried is from the "Channel" menu and when you enter it and go once again to "Favorite / Sports" and click nothing happens and below there is only the option to rename the favorite.

20211011_231419_menu channel.jpg
20211011_231419_menu channel.jpg (94 KiB) Viewed 626 times
20211011_230118.jpg
20211011_230118.jpg (981.73 KiB) Viewed 626 times

I also tried the "Delete All" option but the result was that it deleted not one but all the files from the decoder and I had to reload the database backup to restore.

I hope the developers notice these anomalies I am reporting and remedy.
And if anyone has suggestions for deleting files from favorites, they are welcome.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

The first picture you posted is the main channel list that shows if you press OK while viewing the channels.

The option for delete and FAV is in the channel edit menu, the orange button on the main menu you pictured in your second picture.

Press Menu / select channel like you show in your second picture / press OK to select.
There move to the right and press the blue button for delete and then "Delete" will appear above the list.
With "Delete" selected you can move up down the list and press OK to place a X beside the channels you want to delete, then pres exit once to exit the delete function and you get a yes /no option to execute the delete of the channels you have selected.

The other way is to select a channel in this channel edit menu and then press FAV to change the list for that channel.

Yes I agree, the programmers need to include Favorite renames in any user channels list saved.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

AtomiXvap

Post by AtomiXvap »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:19 am
Press Menu / select channel like you show in your second picture / press OK to select.

Owen
The problem is that when I'm there I press OK but nothing happens or changes, it stays as it is. I can move up or down with the arrows to select a different favorite but when I press OK... nothing :|

EDIT: I just found out how to do it. I have to do one channel at a time because I can't select more than one but it's better than nothing.
The photo below shows that instead of going to the "favorite" menu I have to go to the "TV Channel List" and then move to the right section and select the favorite that interests me from the top line and from there I can select a channel to remove it from the favorite.
It is not an intuitive way and it could be improved, especially by giving the possibility to select multiple channels at a time.
Thanks Owen for your help.

20211012_113523.jpg
20211012_113523.jpg (1.49 MiB) Viewed 585 times

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”