V8 Nova vs V8X

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Mountainman

V8 Nova vs V8X

Post by Mountainman »

I just purchased a V8X Green Stripe receiver which operation wise is very similar to my older V8 Nova series receivers. Other than a few menu changes and the fact that the V8X is 4K I see very little difference in the way it programs or functions. Given that, I have a question. Given their similarities, can a .bin file from the V8X be uploaded to the V8 Nova without creating a software conflict? I don't know if anyone has actually done this or not.

STRETCH

Re: V8 Nova vs V8X

Post by STRETCH »

I have done this, and it did work.
If you have got a list on your VX8 receiver already, save this to usb first and keep to one side as a back up.
Then make a note of the db file, using another usb do a back up of the V8 NOVA, then change the file to read the same as the file that you noted down, then insert into the V8X, should work OK.

Den

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: V8 Nova vs V8X

Post by cpr43 »

Mountainman wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:18 pm
I just purchased a V8X Green Stripe receiver which operation wise is very similar to my older V8 Nova series receivers. Other than a few menu changes and the fact that the V8X is 4K I see very little difference in the way it programs or functions. Given that, I have a question. Given their similarities, can a .bin file from the V8X be uploaded to the V8 Nova without creating a software conflict? I don't know if anyone has actually done this or not.
Doing so its not recommended. Latest DB structure of the V8X is different and will resulted on the missing letters from the channel names. You will need to re-scan everything again. Maybe the Nova will end acting strange so its up to you.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”