GTMedia V8 Turbo

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

bruticia

GTMedia V8 Turbo

Post by bruticia »

Buenas,

Tengo instalada una antena parabólica orientada a Astra 19.2e. con un multiswitch/multiconmutador.

Soy propietario de 5 decodificadores de su marca.

Dos de ellos funcionan correctamente, y son del modelo GTMedia V9 Prime.

Otros dos son GTMedia X8 Combo y el restante GTMedia V8 Turbo.

Para el V8 Turbo los síntomas son los siguientes:
Si la configuración del satélite esta en AUTO.
1. Durante la búsqueda de canales no encuentra los canales de la polarización donde emiten los canales españoles (se que es vertical, lo que no recuerdo es si es baja o alta).
2. Si voy de un canal en polarización horizontal a uno vertical la señal del calidad del satélite se pone a 0, y no se puede visualizar el canal seleccionado.
3. Si cuando enciendo el decodificador estoy en un canal de polarización vertical este se ve correctamente, pero al poco tiempo se congela todo el decodificador. La única solución es apagar el decodificador por el interruptor y volverlo ha encender, volviéndose a bloquear al poco tiempo otra vez.
4. También he detectado que en la configuración del satélite cuando pongo la configuración de polarización en VERTICAL la barra de la señal de calidad se queda bloqueada en el 85%, no sucediendo lo mismo cuando esta en posición HORIZONTAL donde si se va moviendo indicando en todo momento su calidad.

Si pongo la configuración del satélite unicamente en polarización vertical.
1. Sí encuentra los canales que no encuentra cuando esta en configuración de polarización AUTO.
2. Los canales se ven perfectamente sin ningún problema, ni congelación.

Para los X8 Combo, sucede los mismo, excepto el punto de 1 de la configuración del satélite en AUTO.

Hay prevista alguna actualización de firmware.

Saludos,

STRETCH

Re: GTMedia V8 Turbo

Post by STRETCH »

Have you tried each receiver without any of the switches, to see if you can receive both V & H channels.
With the switches that you have, what satellites are you viewing and how are they set up.
With more information, we may be able to pin point what the issue may be.

Den

bruticia

Post by bruticia »

Hola Den,

No tengo posibilidad de desmontar la instalación para hacer una prueba como la que indicas. No dispongo del material necesario, como seria un LNB con salida unificada.

Lo que me mosquea de todo esto es que los V9 Prime funcionan correctamente, y sin ningún problema.

Si tengo dos X8 Combo y un V8 Turbo es por que los tengo conectados a tres televisores antiguos por SCART y necesito también la función de TDT que incluyen estos decodificadores.

Saludos.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

From your last post I think you say you do have switches, DiSEqC.

I had problems with my V8 Golden, the early model of the Turbo.
The problem was the LNB power. The over current would trip in when the first DiSEqC 1.1 switch powered on the second switch and the LNB. Some DiSEqC 1.0 four port switches power on all port at first power, and there by all LNB's as well.

To stop this I added a tone type finder ( or a splitter) in the LNB cable at the set top box. This provided some impedance to stop the current surge.
Later after many users reported their units worked better with a 2 amp power supply I tried my V8 Golden again with out the tone type finder and yes it worked a lot better with a 2A supply.

I suggest you test with a 2A power supply if you have one.
If you do not have a 2A, test with all other things unplugged, like USB and hard drives etc.
It is likely the LNB power load is high and on 13v (vertical) there is too much current.
I now run my units through a 12V UPS, uninterruptable power supply. This has batteries in it and can provide for surges.
Another way to test is to have a second set top box feed 13V (vertical) through a splitter (both paths power pass). Set the channel / satellite in the second box to no switching etc and no 22kHz and just V only.
That will provide extra power to hold your switches powered on so they do not revert to default port 1.
On port one, does this problem happen with the satellite on port one? do you see and scan the channels on vertical on port one?

If you do not run switches but have the other two set top boxes running through a splitter, then it is this problem.
If you share the same output of one LNB with two or more boxes through a splitter, the box that is using H polarity will stop the others from using V polarity.
The splitter has diodes in it to stop the voltages from mixing, but the highest voltage will pass.
H polarity uses 18 volts so this goes over the vertical polarity of 13 volts.

Let us know what switch / splitter set up you have.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

bruticia wrote:
Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:41 pm
Hola Den,

No tengo posibilidad de desmontar la instalación para hacer una prueba como la que indicas. No dispongo del material necesario, como seria un LNB con salida unificada.

Lo que me mosquea de todo esto es que los V9 Prime funcionan correctamente, y sin ningún problema.

Si tengo dos X8 Combo y un V8 Turbo es por que los tengo conectados a tres televisores antiguos por SCART y necesito también la función de TDT que incluyen estos decodificadores.

Saludos.
Can you tell me what model of LNB you are using?
You can connect the satellite dish to the machine alone to see if the H&V reception is OK, check whether it is a machine problem or a switch problem, or other problems.
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

bruticia

Post by bruticia »

Buenas,

El LNB es uno con las polaridades y frecuencias separadas, es decir tiene 4 salidas, estructuradas de la siguiente manera que son en la forma en que me lo pide el multiswitch/multiconmutador que tengo (adjunto modelo y pagina donde ver el multiswitch/multiconmutador).

1. Polarización vertical baja.
2. Polarización vertical alta.
3. Polarización horizontal baja.
4. Polarización horizontal alta.

En cuanto al multiswitch/multiconmutador es un Ikusi MSS-0512

https://www.ikusi.tv/es/productos/mss-0512 -> Español
https://www.ikusi.tv/en/products/mss-0512 -> Ingles.

Esta es la información que te puedo facilitar.

Saludos.
Last edited by bruticia on Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Thanks for the information on your set up.

In that set up you have no DiSEqC switching, just the normal setting for:
LNB frequency 9750/10600
22kHz: Auto
Polarity: Auto
DiSEqC 1.0: Disabled
DiSEqC 1.1: Disabled
Motor: Disabled
LNB power: ON (this may be in another menu.)

The setting for 22kHz should be faded as that control is automatic with a universal LNB frequency setting of 9750/10600.
I do not have a Turbo or X8.
My New android GT C0mbo does sometime set the 22kHz setting incorrectly, check that yours are set to auto.
The GT Combo allows me to change that setting by clicking on it.

GT Media have made changes to the User file format a few times.
This changes the way settings are stored.
If you set up these two, the X8 and the Turbo, by importing a user file the settings may not have been loaded correctly.

Go to the antenna settings menu and change all the settings for the satellites to different settings and then leave the menu.
Go back and change them back to the correct settings and then try your scans etc again.
That will insure the correct settings are there.

There should be no problem with 13 volts reaching the powered multi switch you have.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

bruticia

Post by bruticia »

Buenas,

Los receptores X8 Combo y V8 Turbo están configurados tal como indicas en la parte de la configuración del satélite.

Nunca cargo ficheros de backup por que se que puede haber problemas de compatibilidad entre diferentes versiones de firmware.

Siempre los configuro desde cero y previamente se ha realizado un reset del mismo, en caso de actualizar el firmware del decodificador.

Saludos.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

You say that when you put the antenna settings in vertical only it work and finds the channels.

A solution may be to set up an extra satellite on the satellite list and set that on to vertical only and the other one to horizontal only.

The only thing I can think of with this setup is that the powered multi switch is not using any power from the LNB output of the Turbo.
The LNB power ON /OFF is in the search settings menu.
OFF should give you low band vertical by default, but then other satellites that need 18V will not work as the LNB power setting is for all satellites in the Turbo.
If the X8 has LNB power off as a setting for each satellite, try that for vertical channels.
Some GT Media units have the LNB power OFF in the antenna settings menu as H, V, Auto and OFF.

Question?
Do you have a DiSEqC switch or a tone type finder that you can place in the cable between the turbo and the multi switch to add some power load to the turbo's LNB connection?
Even a splitter may add load.
If a DiSEqC switch, connect port one to the multi switch and leave the DiSEqC setting disabled as port one is the default.

It may be that the LNB output power supply is over voltage as there is no load with a powered multi switch.
When it switches from 18 volts to 13, as there is no load the voltage stays high.
Also as the LNB power supply (inside the box, 13/18V) may be switching at 22kHz when there is no load and there by blocking the low band channels.

I have 3 powered multi switch units here and will test with my V8X which is the same family. I don't have a Turbo or X8.

Owen

Lining
网站管理员

Post by Lining »

bruticia wrote:
Mon Jan 24, 2022 4:56 pm
Buenas,

El LNB es uno con las polaridades y frecuencias separadas, es decir tiene 4 salidas, estructuradas de la siguiente manera que son en la forma en que me lo pide el multiswitch/multiconmutador que tengo (adjunto modelo y pagina donde ver el multiswitch/multiconmutador).

1. Polarización vertical baja.
2. Polarización vertical alta.
3. Polarización horizontal baja.
4. Polarización horizontal alta.

En cuanto al multiswitch/multiconmutador es un Ikusi MSS-0512

https://www.ikusi.tv/es/productos/mss-0512 -> Español
https://www.ikusi.tv/en/productos/mss-0512 -> Ingles.

Esta es la información que te puedo facilitar.

Saludos.
MSS-0512 switch, is the following connection method?
1. LNB A 13V/0kHz---------- connect to A satellite, double-head LNB 1 port
2. LNB B 18V/0kHz----------connect to A satellite, double-head LNB 2 ports
3.12V/100mA DC---------------External power supply
4. LNB C 13V/22kHz---------- connect to satellite B, double-head LNB 1 port
5.LNB D 13V/22kHz----------Connect to B satellite, double-head LNB 2 ports
FREESAT brand change GT MEDlA

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:16 am
You say that when you put the antenna settings in vertical only it work and finds the channels.

A solution may be to set up an extra satellite on the satellite list and set that on to vertical only and the other one to horizontal only.

The only thing I can think of with this setup is that the powered multi switch is not using any power from the LNB output of the Turbo.
The LNB power ON /OFF is in the search settings menu.
OFF should give you low band vertical by default, but then other satellites that need 18V will not work as the LNB power setting is for all satellites in the Turbo.
If the X8 has LNB power off as a setting for each satellite, try that for vertical channels.
Some GT Media units have the LNB power OFF in the antenna settings menu as H, V, Auto and OFF.

Question?
Do you have a DiSEqC switch or a tone type finder that you can place in the cable between the turbo and the multi switch to add some power load to the turbo's LNB connection?
Even a splitter may add load.
If a DiSEqC switch, connect port one to the multi switch and leave the DiSEqC setting disabled as port one is the default.

It may be that the LNB output power supply is over voltage as there is no load with a powered multi switch.
When it switches from 18 volts to 13, as there is no load the voltage stays high.
Also as the LNB power supply (inside the box, 13/18V) may be switching at 22kHz when there is no load and there by blocking the low band channels.

I have 3 powered multi switch units here and will test with my V8X which is the same family. I don't have a Turbo or X8.

Owen
Test results:
I used two ports from a 10750 4 port LNB input through the powered multi switch 0Hz 13V and 0Hz18v ports and another single LNB on 22kHz 13V. The 4 port 10750 LNB was a dual LNB with the second satellite switched by 22kHz, so any 22kHz from the LNB switch mode supply would change satellites as a fault.

All worked well with the switch I tested with.
I could not get any fail with my switch (Not the same brand as bruticia's) and my V8X unit.
I have not found my other two powered switches yet.

The odd thing was when I turned OFF the LNB power (in search settings).
Some TP's came through with low signal on horizontal only.
Other TP's did not.
No vertical channel were seen with the LNB power OFF.

bruticia please check that you have the LNB power set to "ON" in the "Search Settings" menu.

Owen

bruticia

Post by bruticia »

Buenas,

La alimentación del LNB esta activada siempre. Si la apago no veo ningún canal y no encuentra canal en ninguna polarización.

El LNB no es este que enlazo pero es de este tipo, con cuatro salidas independientes para las 4 frecuencias que gestiona el multiswitch/multiconmutador.

https://www.ikusi.tv/es/productos/ueu-124k
https://www.ikusi.tv/en/products/ueu-124k

Osea tiene 4 salidas que son Vertical Baja (VL), Horizontal Baja (HV), Vertical Alta (VH) y Horizontal Alta (HH).

Cada una de las salidas esta conectada a su respectiva entrada en el multiswich/multiconmutador.

1. LNB A 13V/0kHz ----------> Polarización Vertical 0Hz (VL)
2. LNB B 18V/0kHz ----------> Polarización Horizontal 0Hz (HL)
3. 12V/100mA DC ----------> Entrada Antena Televisión Terrestre (TDT)
4. LNB C 13V/22kHz ----------> Polarización Vertical 22Hz (VH)
5. LNB D 13V/22kHz ---------> Polarización Horizontal 22Hz (HH)

Como dije en el primer mensaje descarto un problema en la instalación ya que los dos GTMedia V9 Prime que tengo funcionan correctamente, y no tienen el problema que si tienen los X8 Combo y el V8 Turbo, no se que diferencias a nivel de hardware/firmware pueden tener, pero estos no dan el problema. Si no fuera de porque tengo tres televisores viejos que no tienen HDMI, y necesito poder conectarlos por SCART y que dispongan de TDT en el decodificador, todos los dispositivos serian V9 Prime.

En cuanto a la modificación de los parámetros del satélite nunca la realizo porque si hice montar esta instalación de satélite de esta manera es para poder visualizar tanto canales españoles como extranjeros en otros idiomas en todas las tomas de la casa, sin que lo que se viera en uno afectara a los demás.

Los parámetros han sido modificados exclusivamente en el V8 Turbo y X8 Combo para ver si realmente se podía solucionar el problema bloqueando alguno de los parámetros en la polarización que fallaba. Cosa que ha sucedido poniendo la polarización en vertical.

Saludos.

PD: Gracias a tod@s por vuestro soporte.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Just going off topic a bit, there are on the market HDMI / SCART adapters that are powered via the usb socket, from a well know web site.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

bruticia wrote:
Tue Jan 25, 2022 5:33 pm
Buenas,

La alimentación del LNB esta activada siempre. Si la apago no veo ningún canal y no encuentra canal en ninguna polarización.

El LNB no es este que enlazo pero es de este tipo, con cuatro salidas independientes para las 4 frecuencias que gestiona el multiswitch/multiconmutador.

https://www.ikusi.tv/es/productos/ueu-124k
https://www.ikusi.tv/en/products/ueu-124k

Osea tiene 4 salidas que son Vertical Baja (VL), Horizontal Baja (HV), Vertical Alta (VH) y Horizontal Alta (HH).

Cada una de las salidas esta conectada a su respectiva entrada en el multiswich/multiconmutador.

1. LNB A 13V/0kHz ----------> Polarización Vertical 0Hz (VL)
2. LNB B 18V/0kHz ----------> Polarización Horizontal 0Hz (HL)
3. 12V/100mA DC ----------> Entrada Antena Televisión Terrestre (TDT)
4. LNB C 13V/22kHz ----------> Polarización Vertical 22Hz (VH)
5. LNB D 13V/22kHz ---------> Polarización Horizontal 22Hz (HH)

Como dije en el primer mensaje descarto un problema en la instalación ya que los dos GTMedia V9 Prime que tengo funcionan correctamente, y no tienen el problema que si tienen los X8 Combo y el V8 Turbo, no se que diferencias a nivel de hardware/firmware pueden tener, pero estos no dan el problema. Si no fuera de porque tengo tres televisores viejos que no tienen HDMI, y necesito poder conectarlos por SCART y que dispongan de TDT en el decodificador, todos los dispositivos serian V9 Prime.

En cuanto a la modificación de los parámetros del satélite nunca la realizo porque si hice montar esta instalación de satélite de esta manera es para poder visualizar tanto canales españoles como extranjeros en otros idiomas en todas las tomas de la casa, sin que lo que se viera en uno afectara a los demás.

Los parámetros han sido modificados exclusivamente en el V8 Turbo y X8 Combo para ver si realmente se podía solucionar el problema bloqueando alguno de los parámetros en la polarización que fallaba. Cosa que ha sucedido poniendo la polarización en vertical.

Saludos.

PD: Gracias a tod@s por vuestro soporte.
Have you solved this?

I was not questioning the connection between the multi switch and the LNB, that is not the issue.

Did you test with normal settings for V / H with a switch or splitter in the cable between the V8 Turbo and the multi switch?
As I said I think the problem is that there is on current load on the LNB power supply from the V8 Turbo.

Owen

bruticia

Post by bruticia »

Buenas,

Ayer realice una prueba con el V8 Turbo y parece que he solucionado parte de los problemas.

La prueba consistió en cambiar el transformador/fuente de alimentación original por otro de más potencia de salida.

Transformador/fuente de alimentación original -> 12 voltios y 1.5 amperios. (Siempre según etiqueta del mismo).
Transformador/fuente de alimentación usado -> 12 voltios y 4 amperios. (Siempre según etiqueta del mismo).

1. Puedo hacer la búsqueda de los canales de satélite todos a la vez. Ya no hay que hacer los verticales de forma separada o bloquear la polarización a vertical para encontrar los canales españoles.
2. No se bloquea si estoy viendo un canal de la polarización vertical.
3. Lo que sigue fallando es si estoy visualizando un canal horizontal y cambio a otro de vertical, la señal de calidad del satélite se pone a 0, y no se puede visualizar el canal seleccionado.

Saludos

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Greta news.

Do you have a splitter or DiSEqC switch or tone type finder to add in the LNB cable between the V8 Turbo and the multi switch?

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”