GT MEDIA V8X - BBC Satback 20220320

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

service1

GT MEDIA V8X - BBC Satback 20220320

Post by service1 »

Dear all,
i'm thinking to try the receiver GT MEDIA V8X to recive the BBC Satback @27.5W.

I have recovered the following files;
-GTMEDIA_V8X_Release_V311_20220216.bin
-GTMEDIA_V7 V8_DB_EDITOR_20211122 (DBEditor.exe)

I have some questions,
to get a channel list, will be sufficient to scan the transponder DVB-S2 11495V - SR44100 - FEC9/10 or will it be necessary to manually edit the channels/pid using the DB editor?

To import the softcam, from what I understand its necessary to insert the softcam.key file in the usb key and then use the "Tandberg" import function
At this point the channels will be visible or will be necessary to manually insert the BISS key and associate it to each channel?

In the forum I also noticed the term "AutoBiSS", does it mean that by connecting the receiver to the internet you will have the updated keys available?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

B.R.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: GT MEDIA V8X - BBC Satback 20220320

Post by cpr43 »

service1 wrote:
Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:43 am
Dear all,
i'm thinking to try the receiver GT MEDIA V8X to recive the BBC Satback @27.5W.

I have recovered the following files;
-GTMEDIA_V8X_Release_V311_20220216.bin
-GTMEDIA_V7 V8_DB_EDITOR_20211122 (DBEditor.exe)

I have some questions,
to get a channel list, will be sufficient to scan the transponder DVB-S2 11495V - SR44100 - FEC9/10 or will it be necessary to manually edit the channels/pid using the DB editor?

V8X Scans those channels in fine.

To import the softcam, from what I understand its necessary to insert the softcam.key file in the usb key and then use the "Tandberg" import function
At this point the channels will be visible or will be necessary to manually insert the BISS key and associate it to each channel?

There is NO need to import Softcam. Most of the actual PowerVu/Biss/Tandberg keys are inside the firmwares hidden embedded. If necessary to you can read instructions here:

(V7 V8)How to BackupUpdateFirmwareChannelListSoftcamkey2019.2.28.zip
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=12407

In the forum I also noticed the term "AutoBiSS", does it mean that by connecting the receiver to the internet you will have the updated keys available?

Correct, keep your box internet connected all the time

Thanks in advance for your comments.

B.R.
Hello and Welcome

Read answers on RED

Regards

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

With the said receiver, all that you need to do is just carry out a blind scan, the channels will be found, plus they will clear, as long as you are connected to the internet.
The keys for the said channels have not changed in a very long time.
There are two channels that share the same (v-pid) CBEEBIES and BBC FOUR, to get the channels correct for these two would be best to carry out a scan in the day time, this would bring in the (CBEEBIES) channel, then carry out a scan at appox 2000hrs (8pm) to bring in the (BBC FOUR) channel.
When that is done, you could put the channels into the order that you want, by just using the remote.
With all channels scanned in you should have 14 TV channels / 11 Radio channels.
If you get lost on the way, just ask away.

Den

service1

Post by service1 »

Hello,
the receiver is arrive and works perfect.

I just noticed this about subtitles;
I've activate the subtitles with the SUB-T button, and subtitles not works.
Then, need to change audio pid (audio button & left/right slides) at that point subtitles start work.

This is possible on channels that have multiple audio PIDS (eg. in BBC news is not possible do this action),
otherwise, subtitles sometimes works and sometimes not works.

Anyway, I have to give the best compliments to the development team, the graphical interface is nice and the software very well done.
The hardware is good quality (included PSU), the receiver looks good and the remote is nice to handle / to use.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Glad to hear, that you like the receiver, and have got things working as you wanted.
Subtitle wise, when you press the remote (SUB-T) you should get on the screen (Subtitle Language), i tried this and found that it did not work on any of the BBC Satback channels.

Den

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

STRETCH wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:58 am
Glad to hear, that you like the receiver, and have got things working as you wanted.
Subtitle wise, when you press the remote (SUB-T) you should get on the screen (Subtitle Language), i tried this and found that it did not work on any of the BBC Satback channels.

Den
hello STRETCH

please help us to record the transponder data,then send it to us.
we will check this subtitle issue.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

What is happening here is as follows.
The following channels have (Sub-T) BBC ONE / BBC TWO / ITV / CH 4 / CH 5 / CBBC / CBEEBIES / 5 Select.
The likes of BBC NEWS / Parliament / Red Button / TBN UK do not have (Sub-T).
On each of the channels that have (Sub-T), Press Audio on the remote, change through the (AUDIO PID's) so that you are back on the first pid,
ie BBC ONE 6602, by this time the (Sub-T) kick in, and works OK.
You, have to take this action, on each of the channels that have (Sub-T).

@Tom, Recordings sent.

Den

Tom.w
网站管理员

Post by Tom.w »

thank you very much.
we will check this issue.

service1

Post by service1 »

Hello, I would like to add that I have tested the functionality of the radio channels.

It takes a few seconds before a channel is decoded (even by zapping), moreover, "encrypted channel" remains displayed on the screen.

service1

Post by service1 »

Hello STRETCH,
i would like to point out that subtitles are also present in the BBC NEWS channel, see images below;

B.R.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Thanks for the info, have tried a few channels, were there is dual pid's for audio, the sub titles kick in, apart from (5 Select).

Den

gyver

Post by gyver »

From mid-June a new transponder with some Freeview TV satback channels was added on Astra 28.2°E (11608H SR15480). Only video pids are encrypted on t*****g.
Would it be any option available in order to add support for these UK channels? This would be a really interesting point for many users because this frequency is located on wide european beam of Astra 2 (28.2°e).
Madrid(Spain).V8 UHD,V8 pro2 & V8x.Disecq 16x1.
Hellas 39°E-Astra 28.2°E-Badr 26°E 1.2m
Astra 19.2°E & 23.5ºE-Hotbird 13°E 80cm
Thor/Intelsat 0.8-1°W - Eutelsat 5ºW & 9E - Bulgariasat 1.9ºE - 80cm
Hispasat 30°W 80cm
Telstar 15°W 60cm

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have found some more information about the said channels, from another site, Thanks to (xxxxx).
Unfortunately, you won't be able to view the said channels, they are not designed for Direct to Home reception.
They are temporary feeds for the Terrestrial Network here in the UK.
Because of the fire at the (Bilsdale) transmitter last year, (they are to feed temporary terrestrial relays) in the Newcastle area.
The equipment at the relay sites, will have (Professional) decoders to decrypt the said channels, before been sent direct to homes (FTA).

Den

Roger198

Post by Roger198 »

Just some information with satback and the new mars rom

all satback channels are only scanned as radio channels only Ie the rom does not know they are tv and radio channels, so scans and finds all the channels but are all listed as radio only.

if anyone has a possible copy of these channels working with that rom and has a backup that may work on mine It would be appreciated to try and install it on v8x as otherwise its just bricked my tv off satback.

I only have a laptop with usb on it so no way I can flash the old rom back on.

Really I think that the pop up telling you to upgrade should be stopped until these bugs are sorted out at the moment too.

if anyone has any ideas on how i can edit the channel info it would be good.
they all seem to be listed as A channels but the tv channels normally from what i can see have A and a prefix number or letter at the end for tv channels ?? ie A y7 etc etc

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Yes, i found this issue, when i received my new V8X and just trying it out with the mars software as a standalone basic receiver.
They had the same sort of issue with the V8 Orange, which they sorted.
There are other issues with this receiver with the mars software, with the sensitive of the tuner with a 100cm, the receiver does not find channels, but if you use a 110cm you get some of the channels.
Until they find a way to update the receiver via USB or OTA with this mars software, there are a lot of users who are not to pleased.

Den

Roger198

Post by Roger198 »

I managed to make a playlist of the setback sd channels, it will run all the SD channels but the
Hd ones will not decode, i think the problem Is because the channel editer does not have a Hd flag enabled though they are the correct PID etc etc, it just makes a little click and does not know which code to use. I think if the Hd flags could be enable via the new channel editor, then it may work ok.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

They could add in the editer a (TV) flag, and a better way to add (v-pid)(a-aid)(sid)(pcr)like they have in the other editer for the V7/V8X / V7Pro
receivers.

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”