Se quedo en boot

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

squall

Se quedo en boot

Post by squall »

buenas tardes

mi gtmedia v8pro2 se quedo en boot y aunque cuando presiono la tecla menu repetidas veces con el control entre el upgrade cuando este termina se vuelve a quedar en boot.
que puedo hacer pues no cuento con puerto con en mi pc para sacarlo via jtag

desde ya gracias

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Se quedo en boot

Post by Feralkiwi »

Check that you unpacked the .zip folder and use the .bin file.

Here are my notes on flash.bin recovery

The GT Media instructions on forced recovery are here.

flash.bin recovery is done like this.

Place a copy of the unpacked software (the .bin file) on a USB stick and rename it "flash.bin"
With the USB in the unit, power on while repeat pressing "Menu" on the remote.
The unit should reload the software.

Also other users say that you must use a USB stick, not a card holder etc and that stick must be 32Gb or under.
Use the rear USB port on units that have two ports.

I have had units that will not recover.
Try using the same software as was in the unit when it crashed, not the new update software.
You must use the correct software, ie that for the V7HD for the V7HD etc, not software for any other freesat units.

Try even older software as the file for flash.bin.

Look at the LED in the USB stick. When the TV shows the message "USB Upgrade, do not turn off" you should see the LED on the USB flash as the file is loaded.
The USB LED should also flash a few times as the unit first powers on and looks at it.
Also users have said to use the rear USB port for this on V8 units.

New information: Users are reporting that naming the file "Flash.bin" with a capital has worked where "flash.bin" has not. This is with the Nova units mostly.

Edited 24 Aug 2021
I found that a USB stick with a lot (more than 30+) .bin files on it, my UHD unit would not show the new software file in the menus.
This suggests that having too many .bin files on the USB stick can also be a problem.
I moved most of the file into a folder and it then showed the file.
Keep only one or two files in the main directory.

Edited 21 Sept 2021
From the PDF file for the V7 V8.
6. V7 V8 USB forced upgrade:::
6.1. Connect the power, and press “MENU” continuously with the remote control.
Note: Press the button continuously.
This should read repeatedly"

6.2.Digital tube shows UP9,,,After releasing the MENU button, enter the upgrade mode

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

squall

Post by squall »

todo eso que usted menciona ya lo hice por eso es que digo que despues de cargar el archivo flash.bin el receptor vuelve a quedar en boot y no lo saco de ahi

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Have you tried with older versions of the software?

When you boot, try boot with only the HDMi cable, no LNB etc.

If you have another 12V power supply try that too.

I and other users have found leaving the unit powered off for a few days and then trying the recovery works.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

squall wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 8:28 pm
buenas tardes

mi gtmedia v8pro2 se quedo en boot y aunque cuando presiono la tecla menu repetidas veces con el control entre el upgrade cuando este termina se vuelve a quedar en boot.
que puedo hacer pues no cuento con puerto con en mi pc para sacarlo via jtag

desde ya gracias
Hace un tiempo atrás alguien le ocurrió lo mismo. Lo único que pudo solucionar el problema fue abriendo la unidad y removiendo el pequeño board del WIFI. Tal parece que se dañan y crean el loop infinito. Lee aquí completamente para que veas.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23402&hilit=wifi+remove&start=25

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

squall wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 8:45 pm
todo eso que usted menciona ya lo hice por eso es que digo que despues de cargar el archivo flash.bin el receptor vuelve a quedar en boot y no lo saco de ahi
Antes de desoldar solo la patilla de voltaje del módulo WiFi como te ha dicho el compañero Cpr43, comprueba que el flash.bin que has puesto en el USB tarda aproximadamente 90 segundos en hacer un reinicio, si no es así, prueba con otro Firmware renombrado a flash.bin y hazlo con paciencia y organización

squall

Post by squall »

CAJE wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 6:32 am
squall wrote:
Antes de desoldar solo la patilla de voltaje del módulo WiFi como te ha dicho el compañero Cpr43, comprueba que el flash.bin que has puesto en el USB tarda aproximadamente 90 segundos en hacer un reinicio, si no es así, prueba con otro Firmware renombrado a flash.bin y hazlo con paciencia y organización
gracias asi lo hare

squall

Post by squall »

squall wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 8:46 pm
CAJE wrote:
Sun May 08, 2022 6:32 am
squall wrote:
gracias asi lo hare
pues ya lo desolde el modulo wifi y aun sigue igual parece que no podre recuperarlo,intente cargar el flash bin pero cuando supuestamente termina de cargarlo vuelve a .boot

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Con cuántas versiones de firmwares has probado a recuperarlo renombrados a flash.bin ?
A la mayoría con probar un máximo de cuatro diferentes lo han conseguido, puede que necesites probar con más y probar con otra fuente de alimentación como la del rúter que te servirá provisionalmente

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sat May 07, 2022 9:42 pm

I and other users have found leaving the unit powered off for a few days and then trying the recovery works.

Owen

squall

Post by squall »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:29 pm
Feralkiwi wrote:

Owen
recovered
after several days of trying with several files I finally got it
Even without the unsoldered wifi module, I didn't want to try to change the usb memory once more and reload the oldest .bin flash that I had, for this I let the receiver rest for several days, the GTMedia_V8Pro2_release_V518_20210427 file was the one that was loaded immediately and voila.
thanks for the help i received here in the forum

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

squall wrote:
Fri May 27, 2022 12:12 am
Feralkiwi wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 9:29 pm
Feralkiwi wrote:

Owen
recovered
after several days of trying with several files I finally got it
Even without the unsoldered wifi module, I didn't want to try to change the usb memory once more and reload the oldest .bin flash that I had, for this I let the receiver rest for several days, the GTMedia_V8Pro2_release_V518_20210427 file was the one that was loaded immediately and voila.
thanks for the help i received here in the forum
Thanks for letting us know how you recovered.

Another one that needed a few days with no power.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”