cccam in canada

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

miser

cccam in canada

Post by miser »

Hi I just bought the v8x series receiver. so far I am enjoying it. I live in Canada and I am wondering about the cccam function of the receiver. how does it work. do we need a cccam card in order to share? What does it decode?
Is there a supplied cccam file I can download to usb that will work for satellites in north america?

Thanks in advance!!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: cccam in canada

Post by Feralkiwi »

Ccam is feed via the internet to watch encrypted channels, like Iderto.

It shares the card info from another card to your unit as the code changes every 15 seconds.
Most Ccam accounts are hacks.

Accounts can be brought online.
Some work OK and other are over sold and drop out.
Spain had many hack accounts and a recent crack down cause an outcry.
There was a lot of posts on that on this forum.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

They also have 8 seconds, the operator's cards if they are used irregularly are reprogrammed, causing them to not work at certain times, causing the famous cuts
The ECM information in the Box goes very well to check the CW reading

miser

Post by miser »

Thanks for the reply. I now Know more about the cccam function. I don't think most Canadians would bother since nagravision is so hard to crack. and as you point out, not many operators are reliable.

I am curious though about the softcam keys. I see there is quite a few different types of encryption. all spaces including the biss and powervu is empty. yet the receiver is capable of playing encrypted content from those 2. Those 2 must be built in via the firmware. Are those the only 2 supported by the box? Could I insert my own keys and how? (if they exist) They ask for provider Id. where does one find that kind of information?

Thanks!!!

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Biss is found using the internet and the code is returned and saved in your list.
PowerVu is found in the unit using a EMM key built into the software and the code is then saved into your units list.

If you do an Export from the (6666) conditional access menu, a file will be saved onto your USB stick. export_softcam.key
Look at that file using noted pad and after the ---------ecm------- you will see the codes found by the unit.
These codes are still in the unit after export.

You can Import a softcam.key file into the unit as well if you need to with a lot of manual code.
Note for import you need to rename the file just softcam.key.
If you export, rename and import you will see those codes in the conditional access menu.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

miser

Post by miser »

one more quick question about the softcam.key. I notice there is a ";" at the end of the key. are the numbers past the ";" important for the receiver or just a place to add comments?

thanks

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

With the (;), at the end of the keys, you can add your own info, like ( satellite ) 39e / (channel name) ERT 1 HD.
This will make it easy to amend when looking at it in wordpad on the computer.
ie, B 0000 12223:13381:H A1B2C316D4E5F8BI ; EPT 1 39E

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Here is a link to my old instructions for the golden.

Not much has changed.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”