MARS MISSING CHANNELS BLIND SCAN

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

STRETCH

MARS MISSING CHANNELS BLIND SCAN

Post by STRETCH »

While waiting for a rs232 cable, to upgrade my receiver to the latest software.
Was viewing a channel at 30w, I then set about to carry out a blind scan on SES-6 22w, got all the settings as they should be, then started the scan.
While the receiver was finding the transponders i noticed that the (signal/quality) was not been displayed when a transponder was found.
At the end of the search, you then get the signal strength/quality, when the receiver went through the list of transponders, came back (No Channels Found), BUT i know at the time of the scan, there was a live feed on 11126h 17520, all through the scan, which i noted on another receiver.
With the receiver finding (No Channels), it went back to 30w channel list, pressed OK, on the channel required, what cameo the screen was (No Service).
Had to power off with the remote, then switched back on, picture came to the screen, then just went off, (No Signal), the cause of this was that the receiver defaulted back to factory settings, which moves the motor, had to put the USALS details back into the receiver, press (Sat) on the remote, the receiver had defaulted to (All Satellites), moved the curser to 30w and press OK against the last channel viewed, this would then make the motor move to 30w,then the channel can be viewed, doing it this way puts stress on the motor.
There has to be away to keep the USALS details within the receiver, when you carry out a (db dump) / switch off the receiver to carry out repairs to the system, lnb etc.
Apart from this, the picture quality is very good, good sound on V4852.

Den

STRETCH

Re: MARS MISSING CHANNELS BLIND SCAN

Post by STRETCH »

With the receiver missing transponders while doing a blind, it is best to check the transponder data details, take out any old transponders, and put in new ones, went back to 15w carried out a transponder scan on 12609h 7550, found both ESPN channels, both cleared at once.
Then went to 22w carried out the transponder scan of 11126h 17520, found the said feed.
So if you know what the transponder is, and it misses it while carrying out the scan, put in the details and carry out a transponder scan.

As yet i am unable to change the software to (V4777) which i was supplied with, on my V8X, even with the new cables/disc supplied, so that i can then use the USB to upgrade.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I found yesterday that the GT Combo also does not find all TP's on blind scan.
There were three feeds up on Optus D3/C1, all with the same SR of 8570 and it would only find one and the found the other feed with an odd SR.

Were the TP's missed on your search the same SR as other found TP's?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Attn. Owen
The transponder is the only one, it is found between data transponders,
11100H 23329
11147H 5000
11167H 17500

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”