V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

V8UHD Mars.vrs 4969. bugs report

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

1:
The first thing I find is that when set to 13 volt or 18 volt for H or V polarity only it still scans for both, but only posts the ones asked for.
This takes time.
Also the second part of a blind scan is a "Auto" scan and scans all the TP info on the TP list, not just those found in the blind scan.
The V8X does this too.
I need to check if 18 volt is output to the LNB, This may disrupt multi user set ups. I suspect so as it does scan those TP's for H.
Edited:
More on the blind scan / auto scan second part.
If a TP changes SR the new TP is shown during the blind scan part, but the second part auto scan uses the old SR.
eg: Old TP 12677 V 7500 is now 12677 V 8570. The second part of the scan uses 12677 V 7500.
The only way to scan the new TP is to delete the old TP.

2:
When mute is pressed, the volume window does not clear from the screen.

Edited:
3:
When on a radio channel the info banner stays on and then a message "No Service" is displayed as the player can not find any video.

4:
Auto BISS did seem to work yesterday, but there was no message to say it was working.
I did have a BISS channel load the newly found code.
Edit:
What I had done was manually add a code to test, it worked, I then deleted the code and it seamed tyo roll, but the unit must have held the code somewhere else in memory.
It still does not roll

Edited
5:
PowerVu roll. Tested on Intelsat 19@166e C band.
Scanned in channels: The CNBC Tandberg channels opened. Powervu did not.
I then loaded a softcam.key file with EMM keys and the BBC powervu now opens, but the Tandberg now do not.
It looks like the EMM keys are not in Mars software memory, but the tandberg are and by loading a softcam.key file I over wrote the existing tandberg keys.

6:
Remote.
Power off works with the UHD remote OR the GT Combo remote.
Power on from stand by will NOT work with the UHD remote, but does work with the GT Combo remote.
It looks like the default IR remote instruction set for the V8UHD Mars software is NOT the V8 UHD remote!!!

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8UHD Mars.vrs 4969. bugs report

Post by Feralkiwi »

Of interest a FTA breakfast feed for Channel 7 Australia does show on the UHD Mars software, while the GT Combo needs me to press the green button for the "Other Player".
The GT Combo shows it a H264, the Mars software does not show that info.

Has this Mars software made the V8 UHD able to show 4.2.2 or is this Ch 7 feed odd in some other way?

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:19 pm
Of interest a FTA breakfast feed for Channel 7 Australia does show on the UHD Mars software, while the GT Combo needs me to press the green button for the "Other Player".
The GT Combo shows it a H264, the Mars software does not show that info.

Has this Mars software made the V8 UHD able to show 4.2.2 or is this Ch 7 feed odd in some other way?

Owen
These feeds are an odd format, but NOT 4.2.2

I also thought I had BISS auto roll, but this was after manual enter of a BISS key.
I deleted the manual key and then the unit was powered off and on and found the key again, but from some memory, not auto roll, maybe it transferred the manual key to command biss list.

Owen

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Regard the power off to standby.

I have found that the remote that comes with the V8UHD does power off, but will not power on again.
The unit is programed with the IR remote codes for the later units, like the remote for the GT Combo.

So:
Power off works with the UHD remote OR the GT Combo remote.
Power on from stand by will NOT work with the UHD remote, but does work with the GT Combo remote.
It looks like the default IR remote instruction set for the V8UHD Mars software is NOT the V8 UHD remote!!!

This may also affect the recovery options for this unit for USB flash.bin or update.bin as the remote IR instruction set first used is not those for the V8UHD remote!!

Will test USB recovery with the GT Combo remote and report.

Owen

The left remote is the one that came with the UHD, The middle remote will not power on as well.
The right remote is from the GT Combo and does power on.
IMG_6968.JPG
IMG_6968.JPG (642.12 KiB) Viewed 561 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

PowerVu roll. Tested on Intelsat 19@166e C band.

Scanned in channels: The CNBC Tandberg channels opened. Powervu did not.
I then loaded a softcam.key file with EMM keys and the BBC powervu now opens, but the Tandberg now do not.
It looks like the EMM keys are not in Mars software memory, but the tandberg are and by loading a softcam.key file I over wrote the existing tandberg keys.
Powervu channels for ABS CBN do not open, I think I do not have a EMM for them.

Owen

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”