v8 nova bluestripe not booting properly

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

sathunter

v8 nova bluestripe not booting properly

Post by sathunter »

Hi the box froze not responding to remote control I powered it down powered up green light on immediatley gt media on screen then on recvr display boot then Lo91 Lo92 lo93 ,Lo94,Lo95, Lo96 does not go past L096 this started after switching from tv to radio setting. Before this you press channel button one time it keeps going through the channels that issue went away by itself. When working properly it would show a red led on recvr display after passing boot and load. How to fix this?

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: v8 nova bluestripe not booting properly

Post by CAJE »

With a firmware renamed to flash.bin put in the USB, press Menu and the new one will be installed

Forced recovery instructions here
Last edited by Feralkiwi on Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added recovery link

sathunter

Post by sathunter »

Is it possible to save ch data with box doing this? during flash.bin whats a good stable file, also no you tube when I press the button youtube says not available.

sathunter

Post by sathunter »

sathunter wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:12 pm
Is it possible to save ch data with box doing this? during flash.bin whats a good stable file, also no you tube when I press the button labled youtube says not available on screen press ok.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

sathunter wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:12 pm
Is it possible to save ch data with box doing this? during flash.bin whats a good stable file, also no you tube when I press the button youtube says not available.
Recovery by flash.bin does not allow for save of channel list.
This recovery is a new software install and factory reset.

If you can access the menus you can do a USB backup first and then use the menu USB upgrade instead of flash.bin.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

sathunter

Post by sathunter »

With no usb stick connected and pressing menu I see force load on screen that's it for menu access does the usb stick get overwritten when you flash box. I just want to make sure other files on the stick will not be changed. I recently read desoldering fb12 can fix this issue and the usb stick what max size it will accept i read 128gb wont work on other receiver does that mean the nova too?

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

No the USB stick is not written on, just reed for the flash.bin file.

I have found on the V8 UHD that having too many files on the stick main directory stops normal and flash files being found, about a max of 16. Sub folder don't matter.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

sathunter

Post by sathunter »

Hi i read on here that some had success with not changing the file name to flash .bin and use original file name then put on usb stick ? What I did was extract the firmware to a folder then renamed to flash.bin ,Flash.bin triied both ways each time nothing happened box still stuck at L096 . I just read that your suppose to change the file name before its unzipped/unpacked is that correct or you unzip it then it copys to a folder then change the file name to flash.bin then copy to usb root its not in a folder on usb root usb is 32gb sandisk actual 28.6gb in properties usb is new does it need to be formated to fat32? I noticed 64kb is used on it i did not put that file or whatever on there taking up 64kb when i open the usb stick on computer it says 0 files.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

When you (Unzip) your file, you then get the (Folder), from that you get the (bin), it is this that you (Rename).
Whenever i do any upgrading to my GTMedia receivers, i just use a 16kb USB, (Fat32).

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”