V8 UHD stay on boot

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

fkhabaz

V8 UHD stay on boot

Post by fkhabaz »

Dear team
I have upgraded my gtmedia v8 uhd to the latest mars software version but unfortunately after upgrade and restart, the receiver stays on boot and does not give any signal on the tv screen.
Please tell me how to fix this issue to reload the software correctly.
Thank you and best regards
Fares khabbaz

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: V8 UHD stay on boot

Post by cpr43 »

Check you are not stuck on TV PAL mode. Try connecting to a different TV and see if you have video. You can also find a TV Out Scart connector to test AV Yellow/Red/Wht RCA cables. Finally try renaming the previous file version file to update.bin ,put it on a USB root firectory Turn On unit wait for the Boot message in front and begin to press the Power button several times until it goes into the Upgrade process in front panel.

fkhabaz

Post by fkhabaz »

Hello
Sorry nothing happen.
Please tell me how to force this receiver to start again in order to re upgrade it.
Pressing the power button several times does not work.
Thanks in advance

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

I gave you what we have. Read and follows every detail. The last result will be to open the unit and try adding a RS232 cable to force the upgrade using your computer.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Forced recovery instructions are here.

Note these do not work if you did change the unit to Mars software.

I have heard of a Mars to Mars forced recovery that uses another name, update or something like that.
I hope others can help if this method still works for recovery Mars to Mars.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

mar87644321

Post by mar87644321 »

cpr43 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:43 pm
I gave you what we have. Read and follows every detail. The last result will be to open the unit and try adding a RS232 cable to force the upgrade using your computer.
essa atualização mars foi a pior coisa da GTmedia, muitos usuários chateados

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

mar87644321 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:20 pm
cpr43 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:43 pm
essa atualização mars foi a pior coisa da GTmedia, muitos usuários chateados
You did the update under your own risk. if you were using your box and it was working fine there was not a need to update to Mars. As always it is good to read, educate yourself, get feedbacks before doing an update. Bugs are being fixed on every updated. It is easier for not trained users just to trash or come here to post against GTmedia

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”