V8UHD

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

tanka

V8UHD

Post by tanka »

The V8 UHD I have forget to stop the box.in the switch and pul the wire instead.I forget the switch.Because GTmedia combo no switch.And 73 years old same times forget.Then UP9 usb no't Working.Before that computer I have.Only to fix receivers for the portugues.And only have 6 usb ports and the RS232 at port 4.I tray the port 4 so many times.And failling.I stop and order from Aliexpress new V8uhd and very good price. Because I only have one box the Combo.Today I dicide tray the box again .And tray port 1 2 3 4 5 6 and 7.And the box working again.I don't have Mars in the box.Only regular firmware.Update very good from that rs232.Two years ago update that computer and I decide to have one card for 4 ports 3.0 usbs.And the computer dicide to move that port for number 7.I only need two boxes.So good to have the third one to tray Mars in two ments from now.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8UHD

Post by Feralkiwi »

I had issues with port numbers for USB RS232.

Here are my notes on that.

Owen

Edited June 11 2021:
Here are some more note on USB to RS232 serial devices.

Here is how I got this to work

I had plugged the USB to RS232 serial device into a USB port and it loaded the driver as port 14.
The GT Media recovery tool only allows for ports 1 to 9.

I use Windows 7, this may be different for Windows 10.
I opened "My computer" / Control panel / View devices and printers.
There I can see the serial device and the port number it is using, for me that was 14.
I then clicked on it and when to Hardware / Properties / Change settings / Drivers / Uninstall.
Then I plugged in the USB to RS232 to a different USB on the other side of the laptop and it reloaded the driver as port 4.

Then I could set the recovery tool for port 4 and V7Pro.

I then worked.

Here is a link to my posts on this
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

tanka

Post by tanka »

Thank you Feralkiwi I have windows 10 at the two computers now.Before windows 7.I't the first time happen to me

wlf

Post by wlf »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:15 pm
I had plugged the USB to RS232 serial device into a USB port and it loaded the driver as port 14.
The GT Media recovery tool only allows for ports 1 to 9.

I use Windows 7, this may be different for Windows 10.
I opened "My computer" / Control panel / View devices and printers.
There I can see the serial device and the port number it is using, for me that was 14.
I then clicked on it and when to Hardware / Properties / Change settings / Drivers / Uninstall.
Then I plugged in the USB to RS232 to a different USB on the other side of the laptop and it reloaded the driver as port 4.
My USB TTL serial device get COM10 port!
Now I have set it like COM4.

With Putty & COM4 when I start the decoder I see:

Code: Select all

/r~▒Bnj~~▒B6▒▒+▒▒S▒ZFrBnjN~JzZF▒jF.6~
                                     ~>>:>>6>>z▒▒

With GTMedia recovery tool don't work; I have not differences between COM4 and COM10. :cry:

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

Most of the problems are solved by removing the COM -LPT port
Attachments
Communications Port.jpg
Communications Port.jpg (482.02 KiB) Viewed 651 times

wlf

Post by wlf »

CAJE wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:16 pm
Most of the problems are solved by removing the COM -LPT port
I will try, but why with Putty there are no problems?
With Putty emulator, using the same COM port, I can see characters that arrives when I power on the decoder.
If the driver don't work correctly with GTMedia recovery tool it must have problems also with Putty, it uses the same driver and the same USB to RS232 TTL adapter and the same COM port selected!

It is like there is a setup problem. The serial COM ports have the follow parameters:

Speed: 115200
Data bit: 8
Parity: Even
Stop bit: 1
Flow control: None

If one of this parameters is not correct the communication cannot work.

wlf

Post by wlf »

Now when start V9 Prime connected with Putty I see:

Code: Select all

Boot Mode : Nor
Run Maincode, main_entry = 0x80100200!
If I use GTMedia refresh tool when I connect the power cable the V9 Prime don't start! :cry:

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”