Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

V8 UHD EPG

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi all

Edited:
GT Media software, not Mars.

Here in New Zealand they changed the LCN for two channels, Prime (LCN 4 to 15) and Te Reo.
They did this by making a new channel with a new SID, new LCN, but with all the other numbers the same.
This made users of third party boxes like these from GT Media need to rescan in the new channel and delete the old.
No real issue with all that!

This change also had the EPG for Prime TV channel return, it had been missing to third party boxes (not "Freeview" approved) for some time.
This usable EPG lasted 5 days and then some boxes could still get it and other not.
Freeview approved boxes get the EPG data for ALL channels from any one of three satellite TP's EPG data sets, even if those channels are not on that TP. Different TP's EPG data sets can have different EPG data in them, like different start times etc.

This change did something to the user data file and if I press EPG on the V8 UHD, while in a favorites list, it restarts.
Only reset, and making a new channel list fixes this.

My GT Combo android unit also restarted the first time only that I pressed EPG on it after this change.
My V8Pro2 unit is unaffected but does not now show "Now / Next" EPG data.

Owen

Affected user data file for V8UHD here.
V8UHD_userdbAAAAA.zip
(253.62 KiB) Downloaded 11 times
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”