Motorise satellite dish set

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

MC2023

Motorise satellite dish set

Post by MC2023 »

Can someone please help me i have just got new V8 UHD box. I am trying to set it up to get multi sat's my old box was set up and i got Thor signal quality at 85% this is my lat 54.5807 1.3082 can you show me what i need to input under the different sections to get moving again.

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: Motorise satellite dish set

Post by cpr43 »

MC2023 wrote:
Sun May 28, 2023 6:59 pm
Can someone please help me i have just got new V8 UHD box. I am trying to set it up to get multi sat's my old box was set up and i got Thor signal quality at 85% this is my lat 54.5807 1.3082 can you show me what i need to input under the different sections to get moving again.
Hello

You using Ku Band HHmotor? What firmware is on your V8UHD? regular GTMedia or Mars?

MC2023

Post by MC2023 »

Hello

I have a Technomate 2600 motor with a universal L&B regular GTMedia i think ??? were do i find out this INFO is all new to me. I am in the UK LATITUDE 54.5807 NORTH LONGITUDE INFO 1.3082 WEST.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

If you have (Mars) software on your receiver, press Menu / Move Curser to Installation / OK / 0000 / With Curser on Antenna Settings Press OK / Then move Curser to LNB Type / OK / Move the Curser with the Arrows up/down until you see (Universal) / OK.
With that done, Move the Curse down to (Motor), then Press the RED Button on the Remote, put in your long/lat details / Exit.
At this point go to 1w to set up correct, using the (Sky News) transponder, which has a strong signal.
The best way to do this is if you have a portable TV, go outside get as close as you can to the motor/dish, then play with the motor/dish to get the signal to peck as high as you can get it. check (Dishpointer) put in your post code, then 1w for the satellite that you are using to set up your system,
put the (X) to were your dish is, the information given also tells you what setting you will have for your dish.
I am just down the road, from my location i can get from 39e to 30w, there are a lot of FTA channels, ANT 1 at 39e for F1/ A F N 9e / Multistream channels 5w / ESPN 15w / Abertis 30w.
Hope this helps.

Den

MC2023

Post by MC2023 »

Hi Den

You are a star thanks for the info i will definitely put it into practice when i find out how to put Mars on my on to my V8 UHD this is all new to me
this will help me a lot very much appreciated.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I forgot to say, that a 110cm dish would be best for your area.
When back on the forum, use the search box, top right, there will be threads on how to update your receiver, and more.

Den

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”