Boot in IPTV mode - V8 super

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

creo.adeptos

Boot in IPTV mode - V8 super

Post by creo.adeptos »

Good evening from Spain.

I'm the happy owner of 2 of your products, a v8x and a V8.

I'm trying to use my V8 so my old granny can watch the TV in her room with no antenna. I got it using the IPTV introducing a list of the channels that come from my TV tvheadend server in another room.
The problem is that for her is impossible to get the menu of IPTV for herself, is there an option to boot automatically with the IPTV channels instead of sat channels? If not can the Freesat developers make an change in a new firmware so boot in IPTV channels? I think it could be an amazing function for old people and easy to do for you.

Thank you for your devices.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Boot in IPTV mode - V8 super

Post by Feralkiwi »

If this is the older V8 Super you have, then no there is no way to boot to IPTV.

Does it stay in IPTV after a standby and power up?

It is very unlikely there will ever be any new update for that old unit.

Maybe just leave the box on and turn off the TV.
Put sticky tape under the buttons on the remote you do not want used, or buy a learning remote and program only what is needed.

I have seen the need for elderly remote controls with many large buttons (like the over sized calculators) labeled with the channel name / logo that are programed to change to that channel, like 0, 5, 1, return, to go to channel 51.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”