V8 UHD remote control

V8 NOVA / V8 HONOR / V8 PRO2/V8 UHD / V8X

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

TheRavenKing

V8 UHD remote control

Post by TheRavenKing »

I recently bought an v8 uhd decoder. I noticed this one is not like any other, particularly I need to point straight to the decoder for the remote control to work. Is this normal on this decoder or there are IR issues?

ty

CAJE
网站管理员

Re: V8 UHD remote control

Post by CAJE »

It's an RC problem, you can buy a learn universal remote

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: V8 UHD remote control

Post by Feralkiwi »

Check the batteries, they may be low.

Also check that there is not another IR source in the room.
I had a mirco floro light bulb that emitted IR for the first few minute after I turned it on and it made IR remotes hard to use.
You also may have another remote stuck "ON".
With my V8Pro2 unit I drilled a 12mm hole in the case in front of the IR sensor to improve signals. The case on the V8Pro2 was too dark.

Also look at the UHD unit and check that the IR sensor is correctly positioned in the display area.
Look at the remote and check the IR emitter is showing / protruding out of the case.
Look at the remote IR through a digital camera. You will see it flashing in the camera. Compare that with other remotes for the same brightness.

Owen
Last edited by Feralkiwi on Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “GTMEDIA V8 SERIES”