Toroidal Dish 90cm

for the power, AV cable,HDMI cable....

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Vuerite

Toroidal Dish 90cm

Post by Vuerite »

Has anyone used a toroidal dish with gtmedia/ freesat receivers?

I'm looking at a T90 (90cm) dish with no more than 5 lnb's

Thanks.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Toroidal Dish 90cm

Post by Feralkiwi »

The type of dish does not matter for any of the Freesat units.
The switching is what you need to know.

Yes the Freesat units do DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.1 switching, both alone and casscade.
You can use a 8 port 1.1 switch first and 4 port 1.0 after that and then 22kHz switches too, so 8x4x2=64 LNB's

If you need to know more tell use what LNB's sre on the dish.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Vuerite

Post by Vuerite »

Thanks for the reply. Right now, i'm testing the GTMedia V8 with a Dish Network dish that I know is aligned. I was able to pickup a signal off of ANIK F3 sat. I want to get/purchase a slightly bigger dish to try to see other sats that have channels I'm looking for.

Still on the learning curve of what I want to buy, haven't done sat in a few years, parts in N.A. are not as readily available or to say I no longer have my goto sources. It looks like this is more popular outside US. I'll keep researching and figuring it out.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

The DiSEqC 1.1 switches, mostly 8 port, need to be "Uncommitted". Most as sold are.
This means they take the instruction and then latch on to that port and allow another command to be sent through to the next switch.
Remember you can not place a 22kHz switch before a DiSEqC switch as that 22kHz switch would switch from port to port as the 22kHz commands for the DiSEqC switch are sent.
Remember also that universal LNB's use 22kHz "ON" to use the upper band of the 9750/10600.
You can set the antenna setting in the freesat unit to 10600 and 22kHz "ON" to use only the upper band.

So things like the 5 LNB "T" dish you mentioned, you could use a 4 port DiSEqC 1.0 and one 22kHz switch to get 5 ports.
That would work so long as the two LNB's connected through the 22kHz switch are single band LNB's

I have even used a 4 port switch at base and connected 3 ports tthrough a splitter to one cable to a remote dish and then used another 4 port switch there to feed 3 LNB's. The other DiSEqC port at base then connected to a local dish at base. An odd setup but it worked.

If you have a tone finder, use that to test the switching at your dish, as you can see if the power is getting to that dish.
Another check for switching with something like your 5 LNB dish is to have the tone finder in the main lead, select each dish and put your hand in front of the LNB. That should make the tone finder screem and confirms you have the correct LNB switched.

Good luck

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “Accessories”