Good KU Dish Mover

for the power, AV cable,HDMI cable....

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

tdust

Good KU Dish Mover

Post by tdust »

What is a good KU Band dish mover? I have tried a couple and they both had a little play in the gearing. You can rock the dish a little with minimal pressure.

I have a SG2100 that I am trying to fix. And a Stab HH120.

Thanks

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: Good KU Dish Mover

Post by cpr43 »

tdust wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:56 pm
What is a good KU Band dish mover? I have tried a couple and they both had a little play in the gearing. You can rock the dish a little with minimal pressure.

I have a SG2100 that I am trying to fix. And a Stab HH120.

Thanks
Yes, you're right. I have a brand new SG2100 and the small play in the gearing sometimes when moving keep the dish just a bit off creating problems when using small dishes. Not to many choices out there thou ;)

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

i have play in a MICROROYAL H2H drive too

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

I have got a few motors which have lasted years and still going.
There will be a bit of play after a few years, they still track the satellites that I require, the item is (Technomate TM2600 H-H DISEQC motor.

Den

Cornhusker

Post by Cornhusker »

I have an old SG2100 still running after 15 years of use.I bought a newer SG2100 years after that and there was "slop" in the movement after about 8 years.I took the rotation arm that attaches to the reflector and found a small worn spot causing the slop.I took some aluminium tape and built-up the spot enough to get rid the slackness.I can't be sure this is the same situation in your case?

railroad

Post by railroad »

Ive always used the SG2100 its very old but still works great....but im sure you cant find the old ones anymore... i bought it on fleabay long time ago I used it on a primestar oval dish and turned the dish upside down and remounted the lnb worked great .But the dish got broke and hard to find a primestar dish now LOL hope this helps.

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

railroad wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:27 pm
Ive always used the SG2100 its very old but still works great....but im sure you cant find the old ones anymore... i bought it on fleabay long time ago I used it on a primestar oval dish and turned the dish upside down and remounted the lnb worked great .But the dish got broke and hard to find a primestar dish now LOL hope this helps.
Can you post pictures of your dish modification?

"primestar oval dish and turned the dish upside down and remounted the lnb"

Thanks

railroad

Post by railroad »

the dish got broke and took the motor off im in north dakota working now in oil field .but my home is in MO i just rent here . i just fliped it and i could mount the sg2100 so it worked better and followed the arch so much better had to use some 2 inch pvc to put the shaft of the motor inside the pvc and clamp the dish mount down on the pvc it was a homemade job always trying something new back then.. yeah cpr your right wished i had pics of all my homemade toys but didnt have a cell phone back then lol didnt need one lol . still have a 10ft dish back home and use to have hellobox but support got cut. like how it is always but fun to play . when i rented out my house my 12 foot dish was stolen and sold for scrap lol it was a scientific Atlantic 12 FT dish from a school i bought it from.. it worked super now just have a 10ft mesh :cry: lol

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

90% of the time the slop in the HH-motor is in the single bolt that holds the shaft to the motor and not in the gears.

railroad

Post by railroad »

iq180 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:45 pm
90% of the time the slop in the HH-motor is in the single bolt that holds the shaft to the motor and not in the gears.
Hello iq180 try to find some old bolts there a little better size that you can buy today or go to a big box store and look in the hardware section and look at the bolts in the special section your going to pay a little extra but take it all in with you you to try to find the better size ... Or a local welding shop might be able to help you . they can put it in a vise and drill through it all and have the same sized bolt for that so it stays connected and no slop in the dish.. hope this helps .

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

railroad wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:54 pm
iq180 wrote:
Hello iq180 try to find some old bolts there a little better size that you can buy today or go to a big box store and look in the hardware section and look at the bolts in the special section your going to pay a little extra but take it all in with you you to try to find the better size ... Or a local welding shop might be able to help you . they can put it in a vise and drill through it all and have the same sized bolt for that so it stays connected and no slop in the dish.. hope this helps .
Yes, I know, I am a werder my self as well as a auto repair man,I weld, I solder, and I repair computers too, I find the best way to fix the slop is to split the shaft with a hacksaw so it can close up tight on the motor end,JMHO.

railroad

Post by railroad »

iq180 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:36 pm
railroad wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:54 pm
iq180 wrote:
Yes, I know, I am a werder my self as well as a auto repair man,I weld, I solder, and I repair computers too, I find the best way to fix the slop is to split the shaft with a hacksaw so it can close up tight on the motor end,JMHO.
Ah yes thats a good ideal also never thoutht of that thanks

railroad

Post by railroad »

cpr43 wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:57 pm
railroad wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:27 pm
Can you post pictures of your dish modification?

"primestar oval dish and turned the dish upside down and remounted the lnb"

Thanks
Hello CPR43 this is what it looked like this is not mine but same idea hopes this helps
Attachments
primestar.jpg
primestar.jpg (117.36 KiB) Viewed 9323 times

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

A quick and simple idea may be a stretch strap from the edge of the dish to something, so the slop is always in one direction.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

railroad

Post by railroad »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:11 pm
A quick and simple idea may be a stretch strap from the edge of the dish to something, so the slop is always in one direction.

Owen
I had a sg2100.. it was from the old days it was a solid unit, its not like the ones produced today it had no slop .it would lock on a sat and stay there ..

Bobbytino

Post by Bobbytino »

I love my Stab hh 90

Bobbytino

Return to “Accessories”