Why Mars ?

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Marantz

Why Mars ?

Post by Marantz »

i suspect a lot of engineering resources have been used up on the development of Mars .

i believe that the time would have been better spent developing decryption for C band and Ku band Sat TV.

if Gt wants to sell more receivers ,it is simple
Have a simple crack/fix for even one of these ,Digicipher ,Irdeto, Verimatrix ,Nagra, Viaccess and you will sell new boxes ,at least in N.A.

Thank you for allowing me to express my opinion

tanka

Re: Why Mars ?

Post by tanka »

In N.A yes did sell new boxes.Butt dagerous for GT Media.Mars new thing in Europe Asia.Until When.Nobody knows

Jumax

Post by Jumax »

Hello all,

i have a question for the GTMedia Team.

Will there still be new updates for the old firmware ? ( for example : new v320 for V8X and new v239 for V8 UHD)

Or is now only the Mars version which will be supported by GTMedia ?

Thank you.
Regards

Jumax

Post by Jumax »

No answer ???

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

They may need a few days for a reply , after all it is the weekend!

I sure hope they update the old firmware every once in a while so that the embedded files/codes are updated and currant

At this point i really don't want to move to Mars since i only use my V8X receivers for C and KU band Sat TV here in N.A.

JT510

Post by JT510 »

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your opinion. While I understand your perspective on the allocation of engineering resources, it's worth noting that technological advancements and innovations can take place in various fields simultaneously. For example, while some engineers may be focused on Mars development, others may be working on emerging technologies such as NFTs as on this page that have the potential to revolutionize the art world.

Regarding your suggestion on developing decryption for satellite TV, it's important to consider the ethical implications of such actions. It's also worth noting that technological advancements in areas such as blockchain and cryptography could potentially offer more secure and fair distribution of digital content, including satellite TV, without the need for traditional decryption methods.

In any case, thank you for sharing your thoughts and sparking this conversation.
Last edited by JT510 on Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi

I am simply stating and hopefully some one at the company (GT Media ) realizes that probably a lot time has been spent with MARS and that just maybe it might have been better or equally spent developing a receiver that will decrypt many satellite systems/signals that are used worldwide .

After all , the company's goal should be to sell as many receivers as it can so as to make a profit

As far as "ethical implications " well , what and how would you suppose the existing receivers are being used for ?

I am not trying to be a wise guy .

If GT wants to sell STB /Receivers for C and KU band satellite reception ,it is my opinion , the unit /receiver that will decode/decrypt the most popular systems used around the world such as Digicipher ,Irdeto, Verimatrix ,Nagra, Viaccess will out sell the others on the market .

it takes time for the big providers to update their head-end systems and supply new equipment to all their subscribers ,so even though there are new emerging technologies on the horizon ,they take time and money to implement

Most likely .the purchase of a new GT MEDIA "decode everything box " would be a worthwhile investment for most people , even if they only get a few years out of it .

If the changes in cryptography actually do take place in the near future ,it wont happen all at once or overnight around the world , and from what i can tell ,the existing products probably wont work either , so no one will care about MARS anyway

They will be out looking for a new box !

djitalox

Post by djitalox »

tanka wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:55 pm
In N.A yes did sell new boxes.Butt dagerous for GT Media.Mars new thing in Europe Asia.Until When.Nobody knows
so MARS doesn't work in N.A?

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

From what i have been told and understand ,at this time , there really is no advantage to load it on a V8X here in N.A. considering some of the ongoing issues ,but i have heard that it is of benefit to those in Europe on certain satellites.

Sorry but that is the extent of my knowledge with MARS but since its introduction the forum/board has been pretty busy

djitalox

Post by djitalox »

that's what I thought, even though there is a "global mars" available. will see.

I had been doing my homework and came down with two possible receivers.

* the V8x
* V8UHD
gravitating towards the ladder just because I have a 4k tv. but I don't know.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Cant tell you much about the V8uhd but the V8X works good .I have two V8Xs ,one on a 6 ft spun aluminum C band dish and one on a 3 ft KU band dish

I only have a 55" lg tv , about 3 yrs old , nothing special , "wally world special"

Maybe try a look over the forum and see which unit has the least amount of trouble or complains .

Also a lot of software updates ,well , that usually means BUGS or something

Good luck