Need different remote control signals for all receivers

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Davepem14

Need different remote control signals for all receivers

Post by Davepem14 »

I would like to see different remote control units for all receivers in the GT MEDIA range.
Not share the same signals for each different unit.
I have 5 GT MEDIA receivers and all obviously share the same signals.
I prefer the GTs over other models so csn we possibly change in the future.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Need different remote control signals for all receivers

Post by Feralkiwi »

I agree.

I still use the old remote from a Skybox unit as the shape and positions of the "Used" buttons is good and it still has a zoom , FF and rewind.

Lining and alex-c please note.
If the older V8 remotes are a different remote IR data set from the new GT Media remotes, then can GT Media add a menu option to use one or the other?

I say this because the newer models had the "Pause" button no longer work on the older remotes when they changed for the newer remotes for "Play" and "pause" on the one "play" button.

Even a "Learn" menu option. Press the GT Media remote and then the button you want on your own remote for each button.

Mean while you could use a IR remote extender and place the sensor to your left or right where pointing the normal remote does not work. Cover the IR input on the box with the extender output so that does not see the remote directly.

My latest remote issue is my new heater reacts to MANY of my TV and STB remotes.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

Every IR remote control use an "User Code" to distinguish witch each other.
Yes, there are three different "User Code" in all GTmedia receivers, V7 serial, V8 serial and GT serial.

It's easy to change the User Code in receiver.
But the User Code of remote control is fixed.

So, you want to see we push out several new remote controls with different "UserCode", right?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

In a word "yes", as others have said, when you have two receivers (ie V8x / V8 NOVA ORANGE) one remote works both, it would be great to get a remote for each of the receivers.

Den

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

STRETCH wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:17 pm
In a word "yes", as others have said, when you have two receivers (ie V8x / V8 NOVA ORANGE) one remote works both, it would be great to get a remote for each of the receivers.

Den
OK, now I understand.
But why these two receivers are put together?
The signal will be sent to another only if the second receiver is nearby this one.

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Some users have systems set up in a way that they have the receivers side by side.

Den

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

OK, thank you.
Then we need to allow user to change the recevier's usercode.
Anyway, we will consider it.
Maybe we will push out several remote controls with different color.
And you can select the matched remote control in box.

Davepem14

Post by Davepem14 »

Thanks for everyone's input.
Been wanting to bring this subject up for ages.
I argued this point in the day's of analog signals and won with a manufacturer too.
Then I could use their 2 receivers side by side.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

alex.c wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:56 am
Every IR remote control use an "User Code" to distinguish witch each other.
Yes, there are three different "User Code" in all GTmedia receivers, V7 serial, V8 serial and GT serial.

It's easy to change the User Code in receiver.
But the User Code of remote control is fixed.

So, you want to see we push out several new remote controls with different "UserCode", right?
Does this mean the remote for the V7 send different ir codes from the remote for the V8?
Can you make a user menu option to select which "User Code" the box will receive?

I can then set up so my V8Pro is using one "User Code" (V7 remote) and my V8X is using another, (V8 remote) and my V8UHD is using the V8x/UHD remote?

I often have four receivers running at once. One watching a program, one scanning and testing, one sending a sports feed to others in the house. and another set on a radio channel. Three TV's, one with picture in picture.
Getting old and inactive, I need something to do.

Now with BISS auto scan using time on a set top box, there will be one for that too.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

alex.c
网站管理员

Post by alex.c »

Yes, you are really a super satellite enthusiasts.
There are many problems about changing the "user code" in box,
but I think it will work.

Return to “Others”