C-band lnb on Ku-band dish mods

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

T95KPRO

C-band lnb on Ku-band dish mods

Post by T95KPRO »

Someone try this? I order this kit to make a upgrade to get C-band channels on my Ku Dish. Any Sugestion?
Attachments
Ku dish fits
Ku dish fits
C-Ku kit.jpg (50.05 KiB) Viewed 4856 times
Freesat V8 Super, with 36" Ku Offset Dish. Always buy original product... https://freesat.cc/ :mrgreen:

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: C-band lnb on Ku-band dish mods

Post by Feralkiwi »

C band Ku band combo LNB's are very fussy about alignment. They must point at the center of the dish.
You can loose some Ku signal with them.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

T95KPRO

Post by T95KPRO »

Feralkiwi wrote:C band Ku band combo LNB's are very fussy about alignment. They must point at the center of the dish.
You can loose some Ku signal with them.

Owen
Yes i think too,but i make a test...or add more or less deg. on motor setup on stb V8.
Freesat V8 Super, with 36" Ku Offset Dish. Always buy original product... https://freesat.cc/ :mrgreen:

antrabe

Post by antrabe »

it works as well as prime focus its deped on dish size i had for cband 1.5m and work fine but still too small

bwe

Post by bwe »

T95KPRO wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:06 am
Someone try this? I order this kit to make a upgrade to get C-band channels on my Ku Dish. Any Sugestion?
So how did this experiment work for you? What was the size of the dish? It's been awhile since you posted this, and I was curious if it was good or bad.

Take care,
BWE
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

BWE

C band needs a lot more signal area, so you would need a 1.8m or bigger.
Some signal that are very strong will come through.
The issue is that with an off set dish the signal that reflects off the top of the dish arrives much latter than the signal from the shorter line off the bottom of the dish.
This degrades the signal and is why C band dishes are mostly prime focus.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

kroll

Post by kroll »

No funciona la señal que te da es demasiado baja,para banda C lo mejor es usar un plato circular prime focus con su lnb al centro
10 foot prime focus c band dish w/36 actuator pansat ap-3000 positioner at full arc & freesat V7,V7S2X & sg2100 motor W/ 90cms offset antenna and lnb universal KU 45º at 131º

JKL

Post by JKL »

With the new repositioning to come in the next years to alleviate 5G bullsh1t/mess, it could be easier to use this mod. As for now, its useless IMHO for north-America. A waste of time.

See hxxps://vvvvvv.tvrosat.com for more info, they're great on C-band news.
Last edited by JKL on Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

bwe

Post by bwe »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:20 pm
BWE

C band needs a lot more signal area, so you would need a 1.8m or bigger.
Some signal that are very strong will come through.
The issue is that with an off set dish the signal that reflects off the top of the dish arrives much latter than the signal from the shorter line off the bottom of the dish.
This degrades the signal and is why C band dishes are mostly prime focus.

Owen
Thanks! :D
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

edx

Post by edx »

It{s not reliable, I tried to do this with an 1M x1.1M dish with my GTMedia V7S pointing to 117w and I just see 1 channel, so I will try to get a bigger dish (1.8m offset). Sometimes you can find free C band Dish antenas on Craiglist for free o close to nothing, sadly I'm in Mexico and here most people uses big C band Dishes to make garden kiosks :(

r2d3

Post by r2d3 »

saludos yo lo intente con una antena de 1.1m y no consegui resultados

kroll

Post by kroll »

edx wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:49 pm
It{s not reliable, I tried to do this with an 1M x1.1M dish with my GTMedia V7S pointing to 117w and I just see 1 channel, so I will try to get a bigger dish (1.8m offset). Sometimes you can find free C band Dish antenas on Craiglist for free o close to nothing, sadly I'm in Mexico and here most people uses big C band Dishes to make garden kiosks :(
Por experiencia te dire que las antenas offset no sirven para banda c,tambien estoy en mexico y si se consiguen bastantes antenas de banda c (primefocus)de 3 metros y aun mas grandes muy baratas y en ocasiones hasta te las regalan si haces el trabajo de bajarlas,hay bastantes en las azoteas y ya no las usan solo es cuestion de tocar puertas y preguntar,saludos
10 foot prime focus c band dish w/36 actuator pansat ap-3000 positioner at full arc & freesat V7,V7S2X & sg2100 motor W/ 90cms offset antenna and lnb universal KU 45º at 131º

edx

Post by edx »

El problema que yo tengo es que en la azotea del departamento no me dejan poner algo grande :( por eso busco algo chico como una offsett para aprovechar un espacio que hay. Si hay muchas antenas grandes sin uso, pero algunas gentes se pasan con el precio, una vez uno queria 5mil pesops por una de 2m XD .. y en muchos casos salian con que las van a usar algun dia o que van a usarlas para ponerlas de palapa en los ranchos :( .. asi es la gente aqui en jalisco.

sareba

Post by sareba »

T95KPRO wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:06 am
I had bad experienced with this before on a 60cm offset dish. C+ku band with scalar works better on 120cm dish but tracking is another story.

danilovelardo

Post by danilovelardo »

This is my ku dish mods with c band lnb w/conical scalar ring can track 166e abs6 palapa d asiasat 7 91.5e 88e 76.5 e 75e c band
Attachments
IMG_20181102_230922-1.jpg
IMG_20181102_230922-1.jpg (2.62 MiB) Viewed 3161 times

Return to “Others”