C band reception and 5G

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

kolithawick

C band reception and 5G

Post by kolithawick »

Recently I have read about technical information about 5G. the frequency bands used are same as C band frequency.
What will happen to our C band reception when 5G transmit high power in close range.
experts please comment.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: C band reception and 5G

Post by Feralkiwi »

My concern is that 5G sets up standing wave patterns that have high powered node points, a bit like the 100 foot rouge waves that old time sailers reported, that have now been recorded by wave meters.
The testing of 5G has been done using only one sorce at a time, not with multipule sorces and these standing waves nodes.
If your dish is in one of these nodes, yes it will suffer.

As I understand it, the suberbs around the large uplink satellite sites in both Brisbain and Sydney Australia have a wifi ban so the sites can operate.
This suggest that interferance is an issue.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

kolithawick

Post by kolithawick »

thanks Owen.

abcd4321

Post by abcd4321 »

I think its going to be a problem until recently 101w was great. Then quality readings started going all over the place. The dish is pointed between a 1000ft cell tower and a 300ft tower. It was never effected before and even now if moved outside the towers everything goes back to normal. The towers are down range about 2 miles but would imagine they radiate upward as horizontally.

tck9

Post by tck9 »

abcd4321 wrote:I think its going to be a problem until recently 101w was great. Then quality readings started going all over the place. The dish is pointed between a 1000ft cell tower and a 300ft tower. It was never effected before and even now if moved outside the towers everything goes back to normal. The towers are down range about 2 miles but would imagine they radiate upward as horizontally.
Have you tried putting a shield around the dish? That way the interference will only happen if it's directly hitting the dish instead of coming from the sides.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Not a bad idea. I have seen sat dishes with a cylinder projecting from the outer edge for 1m.
You could still get high powered reflections in from the side.

I have noticed many signal loses for about five to ten minutes of late on TP's I am just getting.
I have had this long ago with spiders sitting in my C band LNB's with one leg on the side and one on the pickup pin. I now keep my LNB's sprayed with insect spray.
I am wondering if these ten minute signal losses are from passing intenet sats, the internet equivalant of the GPS sats.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Ncaa1976*

Post by Ncaa1976* »

5G does it have an advantage???

Pionex2020

Post by Pionex2020 »

Interesting reading.

iggy57

Post by iggy57 »

Seems they are looking at solutions for us in coming future .

Code: Select all

http://www.norsat.com/5g-interference/?ads_cmpid=1713704291&ads_adid=66755560723&ads_matchtype=p&ads_network=g&ads_creative=333546847413&utm_term=lnb&ads_targetid=kwd-24155212&utm_campaign=&ttv=2

SimonTempler

Post by SimonTempler »

Thanx iggy57 for the Norsat link. Good info.
Norsat has always had very good product.
As 5g becomes more a problem, more filters will be made from other companies.

Ivyman

Post by Ivyman »

Feralkiwi wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:48 pm
Not a bad idea. I have seen sat dishes with a cylinder projecting from the outer edge for 1m.
You could still get high powered reflections in from the side.

I have noticed many signal loses for about five to ten minutes of late on TP's I am just getting.
I have had this long ago with spiders sitting in my C band LNB's with one leg on the side and one on the pickup pin. I now keep my LNB's sprayed with insect spray.
I am wondering if these ten minute signal losses are from passing intenet sats, the internet equivalant of the GPS sats.

Owen
A better solution than spraying inside the LNBF throat would be adding a throat cover to keep the spiders out. Bug spray has all sorts of chemicals that can corrode the the antenna (pickup pin). When the corrosion gets bad enough, it can cause extensive signal loss. The corrosion acts like a reflective barrier that reflects the signal rather than absorbing it. :mrgreen:

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Thanks. I generaly just spray the outside.

Owen

Murf006

Post by Murf006 »

tck9 wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:03 pm
abcd4321 wrote:I think its going to be a problem until recently 101w was great. Then quality readings started going all over the place. The dish is pointed between a 1000ft cell tower and a 300ft tower. It was never effected before and even now if moved outside the towers everything goes back to normal. The towers are down range about 2 miles but would imagine they radiate upward as horizontally.
Have you tried putting a shield around the dish? That way the interference will only happen if it's directly hitting the dish instead of coming from the sides.
What would this look like. I get good signals on 97w, 99w, but when I get to 101w my signal are way lower. I have a lot of cellphone towers, city wifi hotspots. I wonder if this would help shield these unwanted signals from entering my satellite dish.

sathunter

Post by sathunter »

THIS IS FOR ABCD4321 what frequency's have your quality dropped down on for 101 deg?

Return to “Others”