Receiver w/Dish Positioner

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Jim

Receiver w/Dish Positioner

Post by Jim »

I would be nice if GTMEDIA came out with receivers with a build in dish position-er. There were a few FTA manufacturers that use to build these.

iq180
网站管理员

Re: Receiver w/Dish Positioner

Post by iq180 »

Jim wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:46 pm
I would be nice if GTMEDIA came out with receivers with a build in dish position-er. There were a few FTA manufacturers that use to build these.
That was the old days and old ways when receivers would work for 8 to 10 years, times have changed, now what is being sent on satellite changes so fast that what worked yesterday mite not work today, now of days it is best to buy a 100 USD V-Box to move the dish then buy a 50 USD satellite receiver for TV, that way when things change you just buy a new receiver.
In other words a receiver with the mover built in would be 300 to 400 USD or more.

Jim

Post by Jim »

iq180 wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 1:30 pm
Jim wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 2:46 pm
That was the old days and old ways when receivers would work for 8 to 10 years, times have changed, now what is being sent on satellite changes so fast that what worked yesterday mite not work today, now of days it is best to buy a 100 USD V-Box to move the dish then buy a 50 USD satellite receiver for TV, that way when things change you just buy a new receiver.
In other words a receiver with the mover built in would be 300 to 400 USD or more.
I still have some of them old analog receivers in my closet from the old days and actually when I've had problems with my stand alone dish movers I use one of them. They were dead on accurate unlike some of the stand alone models now without out naming brands. One FTA receiver manufacturer not too long ago made a receiver with a built in position-er for under a $100.00 or so. But I can see your point on the technology changes and the boxes becoming obsolete. I have a position-er I paid $175.00 for that is programmable and works pretty good for the most part but has its bad too. I had to much trouble with he V-boxes and some people swear by them. I don't think there is anyone in the U.S. that handles them anymore?

Thanks
Jim

kroll

Post by kroll »

Estimado Jim; como ya te menciono el amigo iq180 en la actualidad no existen ya aparatos con el posicionador integrado principalmente por el alto costo $$$ ya que nesesitan integrar una fuente 24 o 36V a 5 Amp en promedio....hace algunos años cierto fabricante de equipo satelital lo mas que llego a integrar fue el control de polaridad para los antiguos feedhorns de banda c con polarotor pero esto tambien quedo obsoleto con los lnb´s digitales que automaticamente cambian su polaridad con voltaje sin nesesidad de un servo electromecanico yo te sugiero seguir usando tu antiguo posicionador analogo ,saludos
10 foot prime focus c band dish w/36 actuator pansat ap-3000 positioner at full arc & freesat V7,V7S2X & sg2100 motor W/ 90cms offset antenna and lnb universal KU 45º at 131º

Return to “Others”