Firmware @ GT MEDIA Audio D2 DAB+

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

Dr.InSide

Firmware @ GT MEDIA Audio D2 DAB+

Post by Dr.InSide »

Unfortunately I must to post here, because in the forum "GTMEDIA AUDIO Series (DAB+ & FM)" is post function not possible ...

I have the GTMEDIA D2 DAB+ Radio. Firmware installed on the device:
D2-190423a, DAB SDK v0.5.8.r9867

I have seen that there is a newer firmware here in the forum.
But update doesn't work as described in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=66&t=13875

It doesn't work that way. USB connected and press menu at the same time does not matter.

Then I tested different possibilities ...

1st attempt: Power Off --> USB connected --> Hold Menu button --> Power On: The display shows the channel list. On the PC I hear the USB Plugin/Plugout Sound in an endless second cycle. No drive visible.

2nd attempt: Power Off --> USB connected --> Hold FUNC button --> Power On: The display shows "F/W Upgrade Mode". On the PC I hear the USB Plugin/Plugout Sound in an endless second cycle. No drive visible.

I habe tested it on 3 different PC with Window 10 v1903 64 bit. On all PC the same problem ...

What is the problem???
How does the firmware update now work correctly on this device?
Is it possible to update the firmware via TF card?

ACKET

Re: Firmware @ GT MEDIA Audio D2 DAB+

Post by ACKET »

Hello! (This is my steps for the upgrading D1 firmware, I think, that the method is the same)
1) The power switch must set to "off"
2) Hold the menu button
3) Power switch to "ON", but the menu button holded untile the moment You see the display window "F/W Upgrade Mode"
4) Now You can see the new USB drive letter - this is the internal memory of the device
5) Send the boot file to that drive, then disconnect the USB cable from the device, after the upgrade process finished, the device will reboot
6) Repeat steps 1-3, Send the app file
7) Repeat steps 1-3, Send dv_merge file
8) Check, that the version changed.

ACKET

Post by ACKET »

P.S. for the GT media Team and for the forum admin
The forum messaging for the brunch GTMEDIA AUDIO Series (DAB+ & FM) is not accessible
For the latest D1 firmware:
1) The FM RDS was not repaired - it is not work
2) Very intermittent freezes of the device while playing muzik from the SD card. The device can be unfreezed only by removing the battery
3) The russian language support is highly needed. If not the full support of russian, but the cyrillic file names support
4) If You can to make it with the new firmware, please add the support of a short pressing to a rewind button for the quick change to the next-previous stations
5) The battery format for the battery included, is not a 18650. It's length is 70mm, so it is 18700

Delirium

Post by Delirium »

@Dr.InSide
I bought a GTMedia D2 few days ago with D2-19613a, DAB SDK v0.5.8.r9867 firmware.
For upgrade I followed your 2nd attempt:

Power Off --> USB connected to PC --> Hold FUNC button --> Power On: The display shows "F/W Upgrade Mode"

Then I send the rel file to the radio and all was OK, but the firmware is unchanged: evidently it was the last one released.
My PC have Windows 10 v1903 64 bit
GTX Combo - V8 UHD - GT combo - V8 Finder Pro - V7 Pro - V8X - V8 Turbo - X8 - X8 combo - V8 Pro 2 - D2 DAB+

Return to “Others”