Cband lnbf is damaged?

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

ManuelCampos

Cband lnbf is damaged?

Post by ManuelCampos »

My C Band Lnbf is not working but I replaced it with ku band lnbf and is working, signal intensity 91% quality 72% . I bought a new Cband LNBF twin but isnt working too, only ku band is ok. Ku band signal is not my interest.
How can I know if C band LNBF is damaged?
Maybe, I remember, when I connected the coaxial wire from lnbf to receiver, the receiver was on, maybe I damaged it. I have another lnb but is with chaparral feedhorn and need polarotor to control V, H polarity.

I need help, how can I test LNB, with multimeter?
Thanks in advance

Solid Primefocus 1.80 mts, Freesat V8 blue, V7S, V8 super

bwe

Re: Cband lnbf is damaged?

Post by bwe »

ManuelCampos wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:16 pm
My C Band Lnbf is not working but I replaced it with ku band lnbf and is working, signal intensity 91% quality 72% . I bought a new Cband LNBF twin but isnt working too, only ku band is ok. Ku band signal is not my interest.
How can I know if C band LNBF is damaged?
Maybe, I remember, when I connected the coaxial wire from lnbf to receiver, the receiver was on, maybe I damaged it. I have another lnb but is with chaparral feedhorn and need polarotor to control V, H polarity.

I need help, how can I test LNB, with multimeter?
Thanks in advance

Solid Primefocus 1.80 mts, Freesat V8 blue, V7S, V8 super
I don't know how to test with a multimeter, so I can't help you there. What I can say is, have you tried adjusting the skew, or in other words, turning the LNBF inside the holder, and watching your signal meter. Turn it 360 degrees if you have to, and watch the meter to see if anything happens. If the skew is off, you will not receive any signals. I would at least rule this out first.

Also, make sure LO setting in receiver or meter is set for 5150.

Let me know how it goes,
BWE :D
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

ManuelCampos

Post by ManuelCampos »

Thanks for your response.
I'am pointing to sat 58 w, and from my city the skew is 8 o clock, the signal intensity is 91% but quality is 0%, in some tp is blinking 30% and then 0%.
One question, is possible to get ku band and not Cband? Is possible that the scalar ring affect the focal distance? Because I use an adapter for ku lnb, the measurment is 67 +- .5 and with scalar ring too.

Thanks

kroll

Post by kroll »

put the blinking TP and move focal distance 1 cm in or out maybe you get more %,turn lnb at left or right very slow too
10 foot prime focus c band dish w/36 actuator pansat ap-3000 positioner at full arc & freesat V7,V7S2X & sg2100 motor W/ 90cms offset antenna and lnb universal KU 45º at 131º

ManuelCampos

Post by ManuelCampos »

Thanks Kroll, I did it, but it's the same response, again I put ku lnb and Intensity is 91% Quality 45%, in sat 58 ku, but in 58 C band nothing, only blinking 0 - 30% in some Tp.
After that, I pointed sat 99 Ku bnad and found 24 Channels encrypted and free only JB channel, The clark belt is ok. Just I moved declination a few, the last week but I dont know if that is the problem.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Are you connected to the C band LNB?
Are there two separate connections, one for ku and one for C, or is there only one connection?

If you have a tone sat finder, connect that to the C band LNB and passing your hand in front should increase the tone level.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

ManuelCampos

Post by ManuelCampos »

No, I replaced C band with Ku band and signal is ok, then again I put C band in the scalar ring and nothing. The ku band lnb is a separated lnb.
Yes, when I put my hand in the feed of Cband lnb the signal is out.
Thanks for your attention

Rishirajpoot

Post by Rishirajpoot »

Dear ManuelCampos ,
First check that in settings LNB power is in ON condition.
Select proper LNB Osc frequency as marked on LNB i.e. 5150 etc.
after connecting the LNB to Receiver strength bar shows signal in XX%, it means your LNB osc is working fine.
Now connect your KU band LNB to your dish and track a satellite on which both C band and KU band channels available in your region. Algin and fix your dish on that satellite and just replace the Ku-band LNB with your C-band LNB, and adjust skew as per your geographical location........if your LNB is well, it receives signals....if still you have any doubts then plz post pics of your LNB and setting in receiver after connecting LNB.
Receiving>0.8W,3e,7e,9e,10e,13e,16e,21e,26e,36e,39e,40e,42e,45e,49e,52.5e,53e, 57e,58e,66e,68e,70e,75e,76.5e,78e,83e,85e,88e,91e,93.5e,95e,97.5e,98e,100.5e,105e,110e,115e,119e,128e,134e,138e & many more...

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

ManuelCampos wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:47 am
No, I replaced C band with Ku band and signal is ok, then again I put C band in the scalar ring and nothing. The ku band lnb is a separated lnb.
Yes, when I put my hand in the feed of Cband lnb the signal is out.
Thanks for your attention
I don't know why but from time to time my freesat V8 Nova orange will change the Lnb Freq on it's on from 5150 to 5950, check it in the Antenna setup menu, if that's not the problem it could be a bad coax cable, I have seen coax cables work fine on KU Band but wouldn't work on C-Band.
Water in switches can also cause this problem.

ManuelCampos

Post by ManuelCampos »

Thanks Rishirajpoot and Iq180 for your ideas, I will try again to do it, I just have 2 months in a new home and I moved the declination bolts and elevation bolt to improve my reception but it was worst, no signal. Then I put the ku lnb and adjusted the bolts and catched the 58 w satellite but it is scrambled more than 300 channels but then I change lnb to C band lnbf and nothing, I moved the feed and the skew in position but nothing the intensity is 91% but quality is 0-30%. With ku lnb I moved the dish in my zenith and I catch the 99 w with some channels, but Cband nothing. I just moved the bolts again and in this moment nothing, I´m tired.
Iq180, do you think is the receiver to change the frequency?

Thanks

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

ManuelCampos wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:45 pm
Thanks Rishirajpoot and Iq180 for your ideas, I will try again to do it, I just have 2 months in a new home and I moved the declination bolts and elevation bolt to improve my reception but it was worst, no signal. Then I put the ku lnb and adjusted the bolts and catched the 58 w satellite but it is scrambled more than 300 channels but then I change lnb to C band lnbf and nothing, I moved the feed and the skew in position but nothing the intensity is 91% but quality is 0-30%. With ku lnb I moved the dish in my zenith and I catch the 99 w with some channels, but Cband nothing. I just moved the bolts again and in this moment nothing, I´m tired.
Iq180, do you think is the receiver to change the frequency?

Thanks
For C-Band in the satellite setup menu, set LNB power to on, set LNB Freq to 5150, set 22Khz to OFF for C-Band, if you have 22Khz on C-Band will show 0- Q.
BTW, C-Band TPs can be 2% east or west from KU_Band

ManuelCampos

Post by ManuelCampos »

oK, that is the reason to get ku band signal and no C band, maybe is alignament.
Thanks Iq180

ManuelCampos

Post by ManuelCampos »

Update

Near of my new location (40 m), is installed a microwave tower, 4G 5G, etc. I think, that is the big problem. I replaced my 1:80 mts primefocus dish with 2:40 m mesh dish, the result is the same, some channels are ok on 99 west, but in others sats nothing. The solution is, I think so, a Filter or new C band lnbf with filter integrated, but the filters are very expensive. Is there any idea to help me

Thanks

Return to “Others”