ACM/VCM capable receiver

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

darkness

ACM/VCM capable receiver

Post by darkness »

Hello all,

I am looking to buy another receiver, I have four of the Freesat/GTmedia boxes, one bit the dust. I want to upgrade a bit. Does any of the Gtmedia boxes decode/receceive the ACM/VCM, and have enigma as an operating system.

Thank you,
D
V7,V8, V8x, V8UHD

darkness

Re: ACM/VCM capable receiver

Post by darkness »

Are there no freesat receivers capable of decoding this type of signal ?
V7,V8, V8x, V8UHD

bwe

Post by bwe »

darkness wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:01 pm
Hello all,

I am looking to buy another receiver, I have four of the Freesat/GTmedia boxes, one bit the dust. I want to upgrade a bit. Does any of the Gtmedia boxes decode/receceive the ACM/VCM, and have enigma as an operating system.

Thank you,
D
Hello,

As for Enigma OS, I believe that is a no. About ACM/VCM, I'm not sure. Isn't ACM/VCM mostly data signals? I have picked up a few ACM/VCM TPs in the last few weeks with my V8 Pro2. I scanned in a really strong one a couple of weekends ago. But there was nothing but a black screen to view. It's a rare occurrence for the STB to scan these in. I hope this helps some. Maybe, someone with more information will comment further. I noticed you posted a few days ago, and I thought I'd pass on information as best I can. Good luck.

BWE :D
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

darkness

Post by darkness »

On 125w 4140V, the music choice channels are using that system. I have a receiver that pulls those channels in. I need to replace the old/dead Freesat stb, and wanted to upgrade it to current. Enigma OS is not a deal breaker for me, as long as it can decode the signals.
V7,V8, V8x, V8UHD

bwe

Post by bwe »

darkness wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:47 am
On 125w 4140V, the music choice channels are using that system. I have a receiver that pulls those channels in. I need to replace the old/dead Freesat stb, and wanted to upgrade it to current. Enigma OS is not a deal breaker for me, as long as it can decode the signals.
Thanks for the information. I tried 125w 4140 with my V8 Pro2, and I radio scanned 3 channels: Contemporary Instrumenta, Tejano, and Taste of Italy, but I have no audio. When I do a TV/Radio scan, I pull in the full slate of MC channels. However, there is no audio or graphics, just a black screen. I have a really strong signal on that TP. The V8 Pro2, to the best of my knowledge, is one of the newest GT Media receivers.

I found a thread pertaining to your question, and it appears the answer is no for Music Choice and GT Media receivers. What receiver are you using to pull in Music Choice on 125w?

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=7953&p=30533&hilit ... ice#p30533

Good luck my friend,
BWE :D

Edit: I have my computer/TBS dongle slaved to the V8 Pro2, and I scanned in the full slate of MC channels. I'm listening/watching (graphics) right now. Thanks!
:mrgreen: V8 Pro2, V8 Nova, V7 Plus, V8X, X8, GTC, GT Combo and V8 Finder :mrgreen:

darkness

Post by darkness »

That's great, I sent you a PM as well
V7,V8, V8x, V8UHD

Xsat

Post by Xsat »

My V8 Pro 2 could have ACM code channels, but no playing both Video & Audio.
I hope fix that issue.

Return to “Others”