Switch Support When Using Motorized Antenna

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

CaliSat

Switch Support When Using Motorized Antenna

Post by CaliSat »

Hello and thanks for reading my post. I have previously discussed an issue I had with my V9 Super here on the forum. The issue was "The V9 Super doesn't support switch use with a motorized antenna". Here in North America, users are going to want that option (like me). Antenna config options should be a sub menu of the main Satellite List. In other words, when you choose a Satellite on the Satellite list, there should be a sub menu where you can config (lnb frequency, Switch Config, 22khz tone, Polarity, and Motor Setup) for each satellite on the list. In order to get the most channels here in North America, both C-Band and Ku dishes need to be motorized. With no 22khz switch tone control, it's impossible to switch to the Ku dish.

Do any of the GTMEDIA Satellite Receivers support switch use with motorized antennas? I need to order several more receivers, but the V9 Super switch issue is a fatal problem for us. Thank you in advance for your comments and suggestions.

STRETCH

Re: Switch Support When Using Motorized Antenna

Post by STRETCH »

Let me get this right, you have (a receiver) and you have 2 motorised systems, 1 c-band / 2 ku-band, or is it a dish were you can receive both (c-band / ku-band), if it is the second, I will have to go back to the drawing board.

Could you use a (a/b switch), I know it could be a pain, to have two cables coming into the house and having the a/b switch sat by the receiver,
(a) could be for (c-band) / (b) for (ku-band) one lead to the receiver.
Receiver wise just set up each satellite as you would do for each band, if any of the satellites have both c/ku on them, you will have to add another satellite of the same name, for the band required.
You would have to make a list of satellites that are against each side of the switch (A or B).
This could be a way to get your receiver to work.
Hope this may help in some way to get this working.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: Switch Support When Using Motorized Antenna

Post by Feralkiwi »

The new V8UHD is the same as your V9, while the other units from V8Pro2 down do switch and motor.

GT Media has said they hope to change the menu so both can be used on the UHD.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “Others”