5g network block.

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

iq180
网站管理员

5g network block.

Post by iq180 »

This is how I fixed my C-Band-KU-Band LNBF from 5g network that was killing some TPs on some satellites.

The idea is to extend the outer scalar by 1 inch so the 5g signal can't get into the feed horn, I used a strip of home flashing, I cut it to 1&1/2 inch wide 28 inch long to go around the outer scalar ring, a long hose clamp to hold it in place.
SAM_1045.JPG
SAM_1045.JPG (953.65 KiB) Viewed 1976 times
SAM_1044.JPG
SAM_1044.JPG (301.37 KiB) Viewed 1976 times

cpr43
网站管理员

Re: 5g network block.

Post by cpr43 »

Excellent, thanks for sharing!! 👍👍

BobW

Post by BobW »

I'm kinda curious as to what frequency signal is getting in and swamping the LNB. The on frequency stuff - 3.7 -3.98 - isn't happening yet since the auction just concluded.

Code: Select all

https://auctiondata.fcc.gov/public/projects/auction107
Clearly, something is bothering your station, as the shielding you applied helped. You actually might try going bigger. You could put what looks like a dog's "cone of shame" in the form of aluminum foil around the outside of the support struts effectively shielding the scalar ring without detuning it. This would have little to no effect on the signal from the satellites, as it oly occupies a small section of the reflector. This would be temporary for testing. You might shield one side and figure out what direction the RF is coming from.

satcodx

Post by satcodx »

to extend the outer scalar by 1 inch so the 5g signal can't get into the feed horn, can we use aluminium plate ?

lme

Post by lme »

I read that 5g signal is being broadcasted horizontally & vertically, so it will be hitting the reflector and will be bounced toward the lnb as is with satellite wave. the 5g wave will still enter the lnb. so what is the flashing protecting ?
Nihil sine Deo!

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

lme wrote:
Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:18 pm
I read that 5g signal is being broadcasted horizontally & vertically, so it will be hitting the reflector and will be bounced toward the lnb as is with satellite wave. the 5g wave will still enter the lnb. so what is the flashing protecting ?
This works because your dish is not pointed at the 5g signal for most satellites, the 5g signal most of the time is not reflected by the satellite dish but infact hits the feed horn at an angle from one side or the other of the dish.

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

I did this today for a client.

First I cut down the trees that had part blocked the signal / no signal.
That brought the quality up to 65-67.
I then added the scalar ring extension and it came up to 69-72.
Asiasat 7 @105.5e, elevation 7.7 degrees above the horizon.
4100 V 30000 TP.

I think it blocked the house internet cell phone network signal (1900-2100 GHz) from beaming in between the edge of the dish and the angle to the LNB.
The interference pattern that was there matched the net use.

Will make it look pretty later. Rough cut and sticky tape for now.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “Others”