T90 WaveFrontier toroidal fixed antenna -multiswitch

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

VN1600

T90 WaveFrontier toroidal fixed antenna -multiswitch

Post by VN1600 »

Hello!
Very happy with my little motorized antenna AND my V8 Uhd and V8TURBO, I now have a giant fixed multifeed antenna coming in a few days.
I could put up to 12 / 16 Lnbs covering even more then 40° satellite horizon!
But I only found 1 type of diseqc multiswitch capable of connecting up to 8 Lnbs (says diseqc 1.0, ABCD 5678 !).
This:
€ 8,18 | Nuovissimo interruttore 8x1 "qc 8 in 1 Satellite LNB MultiSwitch
h**ps://a.aliexpress.com/_vNl007
The question is will I be able to command this switch with my GtMedia receivers?
As I have untill now only operated them with USALS motor, I do not know if I will be able to operate the switch for 8 Lnbs !
Thanks for your interest
Regards
Alessandro
Stab HH90 Usals dish 80x75cm, Wavefrontier T90 16Lnb,V8UHD, V8TURBO, X8 Combo

evarese

Re: T90 WaveFrontier toroidal fixed antenna -multiswitch

Post by evarese »

Hi Alessandro, yes, I guess so. I prefer to have a motorized antenna, slower but more precise and unlimited in positions and able to cover around 90°...
GTCombo - V8 UHD - V8 Finder - V8 Finder2 - 90 cm motorized dish

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

There is also this type (DS81) which can be got from a well know site. That can be used with the GTMedia receivers, using the (diseq 1.1) setting.
I have used these switches and they work OK.

Den

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

With the 8 port switch you use DiSEqC 1.1
This is called a "Uncommitted" switch. After the command is sent to it it locks on to that port and allows more DiSEqC 1.0 commands to be sent through it.

This means you can have port one running a USALS dish as port one is the default port and any over current issues with a USALS dish will cut power to the switch and default it back to port one. It is best to use a USALS dish on port one of a uncommitted switch.

After that port two can then go to a 4 way DiSEqC 1.0 switch and to 4 LNB's
You can have 8x4=32 LNB's this way, a bit like I do.

If the LNB is a standard LNB (not a universal LNB) you can also use a 22kHz switch after the 4 way switch and have two LNB's sfter that. LNB's like 5150 C band are normally standard, although I have seen some that need the LNB frequency setting of 5150/5750, a bit like the universal Ku band LNB needs 9750/10600.
Note you can not use a 22kHz switch before any DiSEqC switch as the 22kHz tone is use to send the data commands and this would mean the 22kHz switch would change for each "Bit" of the DiSEqC command data.

Remember to make all your cable changes with the LNB power "OFF".
If you short a DiSEqC switch port it shorts out and has power on that port for ever.
If you do this, just stop using that port, the rest of the switch will still work.

Enjoy your new dish. Hours of scanning to come.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “Others”