New Box

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

dl76

New Box

Post by dl76 »

Hopefully i post this in correct section. If not mod or admin please move.
So i just got my 12 foot c band back up last weekend . Looking for a new and latest receiver. I really dont need android on the receiver. Just looking for a decent receiver to run 43.1 west to 135 west on the c band arc. There are so many models of GT Media, really not sure which is the latest without Android on it. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you for your time. :ugeek:

STRETCH

Re: New Box

Post by STRETCH »

Check out the V8X receiver, which will meet your needs.
Has been out a while now, has got lots of support.

Den

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

V8X hard to beat for the money ,i been at it since 1987 ,and tried/tested a ton of them over the years ,if you are just getting back into it after a while , don't forget about the feed-horn and lnb ,titanium lnbf's not bad for the money either

dl76

Post by dl76 »

Marantz wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:28 pm
V8X hard to beat for the money ,i been at it since 1987 ,and tried/tested a ton of them over the years ,if you are just getting back into it after a while , don't forget about the feed-horn and lnb ,titanium lnbf's not bad for the money either
Thanks for the info. Already have the Titanium ASCII, a new Titanium 5g interference lnb and picked up a new Venture 36 inch ball and screw Actuator. Looks like V8X it is. Thank y'all.

iq180
网站管理员

Post by iq180 »

dl76 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:34 pm
Marantz wrote:
Thanks for the info. Already have the Titanium ASCII, a new Titanium 5g interference lnb and picked up a new Venture 36 inch ball and screw Actuator. Looks like V8X it is. Thank y'all.
The V8-X is a good receiver but it has micro freezing on sat 43.1w/55.5w/and 58.0w that has never been fixed, on the other hand the V8-UHD has been fixed and no longer has that problem, just a heads up on the V8-X problem.

dl76

Post by dl76 »

iq180 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:17 am
dl76 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:34 pm
Marantz wrote:
The V8-X is a good receiver but it has micro freezing on sat 43.1w/55.5w/and 58.0w that has never been fixed, on the other hand the V8-UHD has been fixed and no longer has that problem, just a heads up on the V8-X problem.

Thank you for the reply, have a great evening.

sathunter

Post by sathunter »

Hi iq180 is the v8x still getting micro freezing on the v8x reeiver?

lme

Post by lme »

dl76 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:04 am
So i just got my 12 foot c band back up last weekend . Looking for a new and latest receiver. I really dont need android on the receiver. Just looking for a decent receiver to run 43.1 west to 135 west on the c band arc. There are so many models of GT Media, really not sure which is the latest without Android on it. Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you for your time. :ugeek:
All GT media boxes have a short keys update life. After that you must buy the newest box on the market to get updated keys
embeded into the bin files. For that reason i suggest to look for an enigma2 type box witch with the updated software will autoroll the keys for you.
Nihil sine Deo!

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi IME

My v8x is still working here in N.A. just fine with the old software .

135 w to 87w are ok for me but i am blocked further to the east

I don't want to move over to MARS yet because it seems like people are having issues

Could you PM me sometime ,i have a question or two

Thank you

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

lme wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:31 pm
dl76 wrote:
All GT media boxes have a short keys update life. After that you must buy the newest box on the market to get updated keys
embeded into the bin files. For that reason i suggest to look for an enigma2 type box witch with the updated software will autoroll the keys for you.
Enigma2 still needs to enter keys to Oscam /Softcam when EMM AU expires. Also TP that does not autoroll in long time requires to enter the 00/01 ECMs. Auto Biss will require Oscam modification to add plugins which are mainly developed for Europe region. Advantage is that you can do all this from you computer ( if you have the knowledge) while GTmedia and close sources boxes need to wait for bin updates from manufacturer.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

i hope Gt Media will continue to provide future updates to the V8X without forcing you over to MARS in order to get the embedded updated softcam / bin /codes /emm

lme

Post by lme »

cpr43 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:38 pm
lme wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:31 pm
dl76 wrote:
Enigma2 still needs to enter keys to Oscam /Softcam when EMM AU expires. Also TP that does not autoroll in long time requires to enter the 00/01 ECMs. Auto Biss will require Oscam modification to add plugins which are mainly developed for Europe region. Advantage is that you can do all this from you computer ( if you have the knowledge) while GTmedia and close sources boxes need to wait for bin updates from manufacturer.
You know very well cpr43, how to get the new EMM key using the pvhe program (except for A F N). beside, the EMM keys are posted all over the web. When you have a V7max box like me, nobody will give you keys on this forum, but you are asked to give them the EMM keys so that can be incorporated into the bins for the new box only. After few years no more updates = no more keys... solution: buy a new box!
Nihil sine Deo!

cpr43
网站管理员

Post by cpr43 »

You can still do the same. Once you find new keys either here or in the internet all you have to do is incorporated them to your softcam (which should be keep updated by you) same as E2. We can also still help if members with old models ask for help for new keys or updated softcam, only by request

djitalox

Post by djitalox »

Marantz wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:48 pm
Hi IME

My v8x is still working here in N.A. just fine with the old software .

135 w to 87w are ok for me but i am blocked further to the east

I don't want to move over to MARS yet because it seems like people are having issues

Could you PM me sometime ,i have a question or two

Thank you
Hello Marantz, I'm in N.A also, I am returning to this "hobby" after 10 years, got out of it cause I had to move to a place where I was not able to install an antenna. Now I can again, and I have also a question or two.
the "powervu/biss" support includes this neck of the woods?
what is better now, C or Ku? I have a suspicion that Ku sucks in N.A for this "hobby"
other than the planet, I have no effing clue what mars is, and can't find answers other than the comments said in this forum.
Thanks for reading.

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

Hi

I have been at it since 1987 ,right now the V8X works great on C band and the power-view codes are embedded right in the software ,it works great for the money.

the guide is so-so but for what the receiver costs and what you get , you cant go wrong ,

you need at least a 6 foot dish,but 8 or 10 is best for C

KU is fairly good but C is best, just eyeball lingsat , both my dishes are motorized ,if you have an old feed horn /lnb get a new one ,to simplify the polar rotor control ,they are cheap now a days . Titanium c1 pll LNBF for c is good for the money and just a cheapy ku band for 20 or 30 bucks will work OK in N.A.

I have used a dual c/ku from DMS model 621 but there is a little loss on C but if you have a 10 ft dish it wouldnt mater .

to make a long story short if you get a V8X right now i would load the standard software on it

Marantz

Post by Marantz »

instead of the new MARS , the prior version date is 19/05/22 in the V8X download section

but i am using

From my receiver info section /set up menu

SW version V3.2.88.9.302 ...................14/12/2021

HW version V1.01 ............. 29/04/2020

and no issues ,

djitalox

Post by djitalox »

Marantz wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:49 am
instead of the new MARS , the prior version date is 19/05/22 in the V8X download section

but i am using

From my receiver info section /set up menu

SW version V3.2.88.9.302 ...................14/12/2021

HW version V1.01 ............. 29/04/2020

and no issues ,
10-4 thanks a bunch!

Return to “Others”