what is the best gtmedia tuner for wild feeds?

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

drspastic

what is the best gtmedia tuner for wild feeds?

Post by drspastic »

hi, i am in east europe and setting up a dish farm because big ol dishes are scrap money these days.
there will be c band and ku used, and any other/many other bands for ham radio, listening for voice/data coms.
basicaly just wanting to see whats up there.

i got a gtmedia v8 finder 2 and i like it a lot, especially the blind scan. so i would not mind sticking with the brand if possible.
blind scan interests me a lot and i wonder if any products have a 'blinder' scan where it searches ever single combination of transponder and symbol rate.
there are some very strong signals that look on the spectrum to be tv but it cant find any channels. nor can i identify what satellite it comes from to find transponder manually.

so most people seem to go from the other end, finding what sat they want then searching for it in the sky. i want to just scan the sky for anything then try to ident the sat.

any suggestions? anyone else doing the same thing as me? i would like to find some sat friends!
what gtmedia device will be best for me to get as an indoor box?
does gtcombo actually get 422 streams?

STRETCH

Re: what is the best gtmedia tuner for wild feeds?

Post by STRETCH »

Have a look at the specs of the following receivers, V8X / V8 Turbo / V8UHD.
The GTMedia Combo does clear 4.2.2 feeds.
Other users should come along and give their advice on what receivers should meet your needs.

Den

drspastic

Post by drspastic »

thanks, i need all the help i can get.
the last time i played with a sat system was 30 years ago when my ex wife failed to pay her bills and the tv went off so i bolted a windscreen wiper motor to her dish and nudged it about to get hotbird and friends.

i really only started out this time to get qo100 on es hail2 because the uplink is an easy 2.4ghz. then i got carried away a bit

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

If you can get hold of a 100/110cm dish, motor like a TM2300, plus GTMedia receiver.
Then you are half way there, have a good read around the forum.
From your neck of the woods, do you know what satellites are received in your area, pay a visit to your local satellite shop/installer, they should give you more information etc.

Den
Last edited by STRETCH on Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

drspastic

Post by drspastic »

so far i have 2x 2.4m dishes whos motors i am rebuilding, and a little 80cm. im using a gtmedia finder 2 which is surprisingly good.
i do want to upgrade to a real tuner but i want something that can hunt and find every signal (as much as possible) it would also be nice to find somewhere that people share updated transponder lists that i can upload to my tuner instead of typing them in by hand.
i also found an old dreambox 500s that i had hopes to use but turns out to be junk. cant update it, all satellites out of date or long burnt up. i just spent a few hours entering all the tp for my bung.... sorry, tp for eutelsat 9b which is very strong on the little dish with a wide range of channels (on the finder) but after all that effort the dm500 only found some italian chans that wont lock and 2 chans from mozambique.
if the dm500 can at least get hellassat or a few free russian chans i will donate it to an elderly neighbour who has her pension fleeced by vivacom.

in a few days i hope to have my bullseye tcxo pll lnb so i can seriously play with qo100. has anyone here got experiance cutting and fitting scalar rings/annular chokes to standard lnbs?

my locator is kn33ev and i get an uncountable number of birds in my sky despite putting my dishes in between the house and apple trees. only this week i found how to poing the polar mount to true south, which is badr4-7 in my case (and close enough to es hail 2 (qo100) to make a good case for leaving one of the dishes fixed on it for uplink)

i also want to scan c-band x-band etc. next bbig spend is adalm pluto mk2

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Have a look at (dishpointer), this site will help you in setting up your dishes etc.
There are a lot of sites out there, just have to (Goggle) them, to find the best receiver for your needs, and getting the best advice.

Den

drspastic

Post by drspastic »

dishpointer dot com?

not very much info there. most of the sats dont give a heading.
i get more info off android apps and although the compass is not accurate i can at least transfer the readings.

so what are the downsides of the gtcombo vs the other gt media receivers?

CAJE
网站管理员

Post by CAJE »

The compass is magnetic and the impotent is the geography that has a small deviation depending on the area

drspastic

Post by drspastic »

yeah i am now setting south as badr constellation

KR8MR

Post by KR8MR »

Where is the best place to get ANY specs for these set top boxes in general?

STRETCH

Post by STRETCH »

Check out (ALIEXPRESS).

Den

Return to “Others”