2 motorized antennas + 1 fixed

Talking about new market news, idea for life

Moderators: admin, GTMedia Team

alfalfa

2 motorized antennas + 1 fixed

Post by alfalfa »

Hola

Tengo dos antenas motorizadas, una con usals para ku y otra con un actuador DiSEqC para banda C (con 2 LNB que lo conmuto co un DiSEqC x4) y una antena para TDT (ISDB-T). Mi viejo receptor tiene 3 entradas de antenas con lo cual soporta esta configuración y en la PC tengo 3 placas sintonizadoras y también puedo usar esa configuración.
¿hay algún receptor de Gtmedia que soporte esta configuración? Lo busco para reemplazar mi viejo receptor.

Gracias

---------------------------------

Hi

I have two motorized antennas, one with usals for ku and the other with a DiSEqC actuator for C band (with 2 LNBs that I switch with a DiSEqC x4) and an antenna for DTT (ISDB-T ). My old receiver has 3 antenna inputs which supports this configuration and in the PC I have 3 tuner card and I can also use that configuration.
Is there any Gtmedia receiver that supports this configuration? I am looking for it to replace my old receiver.

Thank you

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Re: 2 motorized antennas + 1 fixed

Post by Feralkiwi »

Most GT Media units support DiSEqC switching AND DiSEqC motor or USALS through the DiSEqC switch.

For USALS it is best to use port one as if there is a LNB power over current the default port is port one.
DiSEqC C band motor controllers use no power from the LNB supply, so can run on any port.
I once ran a USAL on port one and two DiSEcQ C band units through 8 port 1.1 switch and then a second switch 1.0 switch.

Another set up I had the DiSEqC motor controllers in my house connected on the main LNB cable before the switch.
As I had different position numbers in the two controllers, they ignored any command for the other controller. Manual moving from the motor control menu did clash.
My current set up is full remote only control for the movers and no LNB cable connection, as interference form the electric fence made some odd moves and often a reset or recalculation of the controllers.

Some GT Media units had their software updated to work USALS AND DiSEqC switching from older software that di one or the other.
I do not know if this was done for the V9 units or the older GTC, but the GT Combo and the V8 pro2 / turbo / nova / UHD and V7 Units do.
Some of the finders have a motor OR switch function only.

Look at what you need and check back here.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

alfalfa

Post by alfalfa »

Hi

Thank you very much for your answers Owen

Support this configuration:

| STB GTMedia |-->--| Motor USALS |--->--| DiSEqC x4

Port1 LNB Ku lineal --->--- antenna USALS
Port2 LNB Ku circular --->--- antenna USALS
Port3 LNB C lineal --->--- antenna DiSEqC
Port4 LNB C circular --->--- antenna DiSEqC

since the commutators burn out if I put them before the USALS motor.

Thanks

Feralkiwi
网站管理员

Post by Feralkiwi »

Hi

I have not had switches burn out from a USALS motor after them, so far.

Placing the motor first still works as you have noted.

Owen
Dishes; 3x3m, 2.4m and 4.1m, 10+ ku, 2 movers, USARLS. V8 Combo, Pro, V8 Golden, Nova V8Pro2, GTC, Super.V7HDs, Combo and V7s V7Plus Finder, Finder-Meter V8X / UHD V7Pro GT/XCombo. Sats 100.5E to 177W. I'm a Sat hobbyist who helps out.

Return to “Others”